Vaping cigs

SORRY I just realized this would be a better area to post the question

Hi,

THANK YOU in advance for lending me your advice. I sincerely appreciate anything you guys can tell me!

I am new to the site and have a couple questions regarding vaping- and possibly the magic launch box vaporizer.

I am a 5 cigarette a day smoker. I would like to replace, or cut back, or use a vape when i do not have time to go out for a smoke or dont want to actually have one, or smell like one.

I have tried snus, the e cig, and other substitutes. NOTHING has worked, as i need something to replace one or two cigs throughout the day (i have to go 4+ hours without) and get cravings, dizzy, cant think, angry, etc.

I have spoken to a few people on the forum about this. Here are my questions:

Can i put cigarette tobacco (basically a grinded cig) into a magic launch box for a quick few hits to kill the craving or HOPEFULLY replace the entire thing?

I heard that its stronger in the vape so i would need less, but is it going to actually feel like a replacement or something different?

I dont care about the buzz, I just want to vape one instead of smoke one!!

Is the magic launch box worth the purchase? I need something portable, quick, and small.

What will i smell like AFTER the fact? How long does it take to vape?

does anyone here having any tobacco vaping experience? Ever heard of someone going from cigs to a vape (with real tobbaco, and not nicottine liquid? Im a non-believer- i feel like its more of a mental thing if it works and I am not on the same page!)

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

manderson4040,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Im sure it would work and work well. However, if it was me I would try a pipe tobacco or something with a wee bit more moisture content than your run of the mill cigarette tobacco.

Something mild IMO

And honestly, I think the smell would be a non or close to non-issue. Cannabis has a sharper more pungent odor when burned than tobacco. Vaping takes it to a 'nicer' level regardless of the substance :)

AGBeer,

Nosferatu

I doubt tobacco through the MFLB will satisfy you, unless you are expecting mostly invisible hits. I would get some sort of Ecig. No offense but at only 5 cigs a day cant you just cut down and quit altogether, or is that what you are trying to do?

Nosferatu,

stroh

errl enthusiast
Nosferatu said:
I doubt tobacco through the MFLB will satisfy you, unless you are expecting mostly invisible hits. I would get some sort of Ecig. No offense but at only 5 cigs a day cant you just cut down and quit altogether, or is that what you are trying to do?

actually from what i hear tobacco through the launchbox should be used sparingly because nicotine is much more potent when vaporized. try it out, but only load a very small trench and see how it affects you.

stroh,
I know...im surprised no one who likes cigs has at least tried it..i dont care if its invisible (actually prefer it) but not having real tob in the e cig hurts a lot. I just want the feeling to be similar and kill cravings

manderson4040,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I used to vape tobacco through my SSV every now and then when I just started vaping and had quit cigarettes but before I bought my first ecig. I've never tried cigarette tobacco though, but used tobacco for self-roll fags that's pretty common here (not sure how you'd call it in English, but I think you know what I mean). It's a little bit finer cut and a little more moist then what's in pre-rolled cigarettes.

I'd be careful with the MFLB if I were you. Tobacco burns quicker and requires a lower temp then mj, so it's easy to burn it with a non temp controlled vape. It worked in the SSV with a low temp setting and a quick draw speed but the taste got pretty awful quick if you draw to slow. Not that it was very nice to begin with..

But to be honest, the symptoms you describe just sound like normal drawback symptoms to me. If you just hang in there a week or two most of them (if not all) will probably be gone. For me the e-cig worked very well to help me quit cigarettes, you just have to find the right nicotine dosage for you (to low will not do anything for you and to much can make you dizzy, nauseous, or worse..). When I quit last year I was down to 1 or 2 cigarettes and 1 or 2 joints a day already and my preferred dosage was about 8mg. I just mixed the 6mg fluid with a 11mg fluid of the same taste to get it where I liked it. I was restless and had trouble sleeping for about two weeks and also most of of my appetite was gone and I was a bit moody, but it passed eventually. Hope that helps a bit, good luck and just hang in there!

OhTheAgony,

max

Out to lunch
i need something to replace one or two cigs throughout the day
Wow. That's not much. I've never run across a truly addicted smoker who only needed a couple of cigs per day, although it's possible that just the nic level in a couple of cigs is enough to get by, with the rest just being smoked as 'habit'. :hmm:

but not having real tob in the e cig hurts a lot. I just want the feeling to be similar and kill cravings
I'm sure quite a few people use vapes for tobacco, and it's certainly better for you than smoking. But for me the question would be how many of the thousands of chemicals that companies add to cig tobacco are also getting vaporized and inhaled? Personally, I would try and find some less 'adulterated' tobacco to vape. As for cravings, e-cigs deliver the nicotine, which is the addictive component. So I'd say any remaining cravings are for something other than that which the body is hooked on. Those who quit with the help of e-cigs seem satisfied with just the nicotine delivery.

max,
theres thousands of things in cigs that i am addicted to, even more than the niccotine thats why i wanted to vape the cigs...

the e cig heps but i dont care about the hand to mouth thing, just need the chemicals

manderson4040,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
max said:
i need something to replace one or two cigs throughout the day
Wow. That's not much. I've never run across a truly addicted smoker who only needed a couple of cigs per day, although it's possible that just the nic level in a couple of cigs is enough to get by, with the rest just being smoked as 'habit'. :hmm:

Then I guess you know of two now: I was down to under 5 smokes a day for more then 5 years already before I finally stopped completely with the help of vaporizers and e-cigs. Just that last little step seemed like a mountain to me, and previous attempts to quit just those last few fags was total horror and mostly lead to me smoking more instead of less. With me it's mostly a the mental addiction I think though. The few cigarettes I allowed myself to take were putt on some sort of pedestal I guess, like little tiny presents I'd give myself which I felt I deserved. I still have trouble denying myself the one that used to come with my morning coffee sometimes, and on the rare occasion I drink a lot I always end up smoking as well under in the influence.

max said:
but not having real tob in the e cig hurts a lot. I just want the feeling to be similar and kill cravings
I'm sure quite a few people use vapes for tobacco, and it's certainly better for you than smoking. But for me the question would be how many of the thousands of chemicals that companies add to cig tobacco are also getting vaporized and inhaled? Personally, I would try and find some less 'adulterated' tobacco to vape. As for cravings, e-cigs deliver the nicotine, which is the addictive component. So I'd say any remaining cravings are for something other than that which the body is hooked on. Those who quit with the help of e-cigs seem satisfied with just the nicotine delivery.

I don't think that vaping tobacco can give you the same satisfaction as smoking it if e sigs didn't do it for you. It sounds like you just crave the other goodies that are released with combustion. I can relate to that, and I don't think you'll get those out with a vaporizer. Best advise I think I can give you is again to hang in there with the help of an e-cig. I don't think they are as satisfying as a normal cigarette as well, but the health reason motivated me enough to hang in there long enough and if you just want it bad enough they can work as a good substitute. Over time you'll forget what you're missing and won't know any better, but it does take time.

ps: have you ever tried Allen Carr's book 'The Easy Way to Stop Smoking'? It worked great for me the first time I quit smoking over a decade ago. Unfortunately I was dumb enough to start again after one and a half year with personal problems as my excuse, and it never had the same effect the second time I read it.

OhTheAgony,
i actually am cool with the amount i smoke- 5 a day may be bad, but if i went through my life at 5 a day ill be happy. The benefits for me are big. So what im looking to do, is when i have to go 5 hours without, ( I like one every 2-4) I want to be able to use the MFLB and not even think about it, the cravigns that is.

Is combustion what im addicted to then

Modnote: Please do not bump your threads to try and get attention. Bump post deleted.

manderson4040,

max

Out to lunch
With me it's mostly a the mental addiction I think though.
And that can be huge. I quit 15 yrs. ago, using auricular therapy. It got me over the physical addiction immediately, but the mental part took a lot longer. I found myself wanting a cig years later, when I found myself in places and situations where I used to smoke. I found the mental urge much easier to deal with though, since my memories of smoking were very much colored by the negative effects of smoking tobacco. For many people though, I'm sure the mental urge can be as strong as the addiction to nic.

max,

nr-cole

I'm not a heavy habitual smoker by any means, I typically buy a pack that lasts me a few week as I'll smoke them socially or if I've had a long day. I do not have a tolerance for tobacco whatsoever and the cigarettes I smoke (cheapo Canadian Classics) still give me a head rush. Just thought I'd tell you all that so you can take this for what it's worth. I have tried doing this once. I just rolled some of the tobacco out of the paper and into the trench.

First of all it tasted terrible. Now CCs aren't exactly known for their smooth flavour but I dunno something about the experience just bothered me. I definitely felt the nicotine and I think it would probably take the edge off if you're a heavy smoker but ugh I didn't enjoy it at all. My LB also reeked until I cleaned and went through several loads of herb. If you want to do this regularly you might look into getting a second box for it.

The other thing I've done is put cigar and pipe tobaccos in my Extreme. That was nothing special but definitely more enjoyable than cigarettes in the box.

I don't smoke for the flavour or the nicotine. I've had my very light usage going for awhile, and I've never really craved it. In fact unless I've been drinking if I have more than two in a day I feel kinda gross. So I don't know if your usage would compare with mine, but I do it for the social aspect and because I'm a fidgety guy and I like having something to do with my hands. Using the LB for tobacco doesn't really satisfy what I need it for but I guess the only way you'll know is if you try it.

nr-cole,
Top Bottom