• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaping CBD isolate

Vape_ninja

Hey all, so I had a little search but couldnt seem to find what i was looking for . I wanted some advice on CBD isolate, i intend to vaporize it, I dont own a dabbing rig nor do i smoke , im looking for a way to consume high CBD levels before bed as i recently found that when i vaporize up to half a gram of 20% CBD cannabis i can fall asleep very easily it doesnt take me the usual 2 hours (yeah insomnia is shit) so im guessing my nightly dose here im looking for is around 60mg - 100mg+

I own an arizer extreme Q , i also own a mighty vaporizer i know that it comes with a concentrates screen but im pretty sure the steel of it will constantly scratch my oven so i dont want to use that, so far my mightys oven is very clean looking no scratches or marks.

there are 2 ideas i had so far:

1. Sandwich method - take a mighty capsule and put 1/3 layer of CBD herb in it, then sprinkle some cbd isolate on top then placing the rest on top. I can see the issue with this would be its essentially a powder/ dust and i would end up inhaling it instead of vaping it

2. Vape Goo/oil - the arizer v tower whip consistently gets some goo or oil residue build up on the tube (the elbow more solid/dust like) i was thinking maybe i could use a bit of this oil with the sandwich method so that it doesnt just escape into the mouthpiece on inhale?

Lastly , question: Rosin is it sticky ? can i use it for the method i just said above?
Im only interested in consuming the Isolate via vaporization, i dont find it has very good bioavailability when ingested as drops

** ETA : "In a similar study, very high CBD doses (600 mg) had a sedative effect, but in subjects with insomnia, much lower doses of 160 mg reduced sleep disruption and increased total sleep duration. Conversely, very low doses of 25 mg had no effect."

So this is my guess why when i had a decent vape session on my mighty with the 20% CBD flower that i was able to benefit from sleep compared to any of the other nights. Also their 160mg would probably equate to around 100mg on a vaporizer i guess because the bioavailability as i mentioned already is considerably less when CBD is consumed orally. The other benefit i can think of with vaping it, is that it will 'hit' harder and make me sleep sooner and wont hang around as long so less likely to feel groggy next day vs oral CBD

Last edited:

vapeape77

Hey all, so I had a little search but couldnt seem to find what i was looking for . I wanted some advice on CBD isolate, i intend to vaporize it, I dont own a dabbing rig nor do i smoke , im looking for a way to consume high CBD levels before bed as i recently found that when i vaporize up to half a gram of 20% CBD cannabis i can fall asleep very easily it doesnt take me the usual 2 hours (yeah insomnia is shit) so im guessing my nightly dose here im looking for is around 60mg - 100mg+

I own an arizer extreme Q , i also own a mighty vaporizer i know that it comes with a concentrates screen but im pretty sure the steel of it will constantly scratch my oven so i dont want to use that, so far my mightys oven is very clean looking no scratches or marks.

there are 2 ideas i had so far:

1. Sandwich method - take a mighty capsule and put 1/3 layer of CBD herb in it, then sprinkle some cbd isolate on top then placing the rest on top. I can see the issue with this would be its essentially a powder/ dust and i would end up inhaling it instead of vaping it

2. Vape Goo/oil - the arizer v tower whip consistently gets some goo or oil residue build up on the tube (the elbow more solid/dust like) i was thinking maybe i could use a bit of this oil with the sandwich method so that it doesnt just escape into the mouthpiece on inhale?

Lastly , question: Rosin is it sticky ? can i use it for the method i just said above?
Im only interested in consuming the Isolate via vaporization, i dont find it has very good bioavailability when ingested as drops
I wouldn’t use the isolate and def not rosin in the Mighty unless your gonna invert it with a wpa and bubbler, even “clean” isolate is drippy. When I wake up I currently use my Stickybrick Jr with flower in the bowl and a Mighty oil pad on top with isolate, hits the high temps like you need with oil. I sandwich rosin between flower in my Dynavap at night. And yes rosin is sticky and hard to work with.

Here’s the two products I have:

edit: if it’s sleep you’re after, make some cbn brownies after you save thc abv for at least 6 months in loose jar in window.

I bought these when they had 25% off, gummies out there too. Eat a cbn brownie and .75 dropper… good night

Last edited:
vapeape77,

Vape_ninja

actually i have a jar full of ABV but its also got a lot of CBD flower in it , mixed strains etc
Trouble with edibles for me is they just dont keep long or last long, and it will hang around too long vaping wont hang around too long i need maximum strength at the start of my sleep cycle then if it wears off and i woke up early it might even help me get on with things better, i could make a batch of something each week i guess but then that goes back to me ingesting via digestive system maybe it would do me good

Side questions
What about : Washing the ABV , then adding to chocolate then 1 square will equal a dose and i dont have to eat lots like cakes or brownies?

Vape_ninja,

vapeape77

actually i have a jar full of ABV but its also got a lot of CBD flower in it , mixed strains etc
Trouble with edibles for me is they just dont keep long or last long, and it will hang around too long vaping wont hang around too long i need maximum strength at the start of my sleep cycle then if it wears off and i woke up early it might even help me get on with things better, i could make a batch of something each week i guess but then that goes back to me ingesting via digestive system maybe it would do me good

Side questions
What about : Washing the ABV , then adding to chocolate then 1 square will equal a dose and i dont have to eat lots like cakes or brownies?
Oh man CBN is what keeps me sleeping, give this a try.
-First it’s got to have converted to cbn and yeah probably good to save thc abv separately if you can.
-After I save the abv in the sun with a loose jar for air over 6 to 9 months, I make a large batch of budder with the cbn abv. 10-12 sticks of butter per large jar. Mix melted butter with bud in large pot, add a 1/4 cup water and simmer part covered for 4-6 hrs, mixing every 15 and add more water if no boil happening.
-When it’s done I then separate the oil by squeezing it through a cloth with a rubber band holding it around a jar. Then you have CBN budder to freeze.
-Make the brownies as you would normally with the budder… freeze em after a few days out. I eat one straight from the freezer each night 😂

Last edited:
vapeape77,

Vape_ninja

sounds similiar to what i used to do way years back, would make 12 ABV cupcakes then freeze. Damn i need a bigger freezer now lol

Have you combined CBD with CBN yet? if so what was that like because most of this ABV as i say will be CBD bud, which will not convert to CBN like high THC weed does when exposed to sun and air as you use in your method

Vape_ninja,

vapeape77

sounds similiar to what i used to do way years back, would make 12 ABV cupcakes then freeze. Damn i need a bigger freezer now lol

Have you combined CBD with CBN yet? if so what was that like because most of this ABV as i say will be CBD bud, which will not convert to CBN like high THC weed does when exposed to sun and air as you use in your method
Nah I haven’t cooked both, although I’ve gotten sloppy recently and think a 1/4 of my current jar might be cbd. I don’t think it would be a deal breaker other than not getting max sun on the thc abv. But that again you mentioned that study on too much cbd….

Maybe also you can do an email sub on WNC to know when they drop a deal for those tinctures. I’ve seen cbd/cbn tinctures around online, usually pricey and at less than a 1:1 ratio

For me cbd help me relax and possibly fall asleep… where as cbn knocks me out and I stay there. Iol full disclosure I vape lots of different bud all day and like a couple night caps of whiskey 🥃

Last edited:

Vape_ninja

Nah I haven’t cooked both, although I’ve gotten sloppy recently and think a 1/4 of my current jar might be cbd. I don’t think it would be a deal breaker other than not getting max sun on the thc abv. But that again you mentioned that study on too much cbd….

Maybe also you can do an email sub on WNC to know when they drop a deal for those tinctures. I’ve seen cbd/cbn tinctures around online, usually pricey and at less than a 1:1 ratio

For me cbd help me relax and possibly fall asleep… where as cbn knocks me out and I stay there. Iol full disclosure I vape lots of different bud all day and like a couple night caps of whiskey 🥃

whiskey nice choice lol

So how long do i have to leave this in sunlight to notice a difference? 1 Day? 1 Week?
its ground up sativa THC weed in a clear jar with kitchen roll / paper towel on the top

and

"As soon as you harvest cannabis, light exposure degrades the buds. Independent research has found a .5% decline in potency per hour of exposure to UV light. Also, they found that UV light did not convert THCa to THC but instead simply degraded the cannabinoid content into useless material. Several other studies have confirmed that UV degrades THC content. Due to the unstable nature of THC, it is sensitive to changing variables and denigration. More potent strains loaded with THC are likely to denigrate even more dramatically. Some producers have even started to store cannabis in nitrogen so it does not oxidate too quickly. That's how delicate cured cannabis flower is." ???

Vape_ninja,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
🤣 looks like you're fishing for something....

Bring it back inside and Google "decarb for CBN"

Basically if you're familiar with decarbing, is an extended version of the same process.

Vape_ninja

gone fishing mate na that is in case the wind blew it i think jar falling 15 floors onto someones head wouldnt be good lol

I did google and have a read, it seems one of the best and easiest ways is just to let it sit in the vape for a bit before even using? the purpose of the end product will be for sleep only so not bothered about a buzz

im finding that 100mg cbd vaped is sending me to sleep though and i noticed: less flashing lights when eyes closed, no hypnic jerk and no involuntary movements

Vape_ninja,

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb

Side questions
I make ABV edibles for daily use (I have sleep issues, but also muscular, pain, and convulsion issues due to a neurological condition, so YEMV), and they are *high* in CBN (I'm guessing... haven't actually tested, but they are very good at calming the body, and my friends that have tried them have been knocked the fuck out). I aim for a 1:1:1 mix of THC:CBD:CBG in my vapes during the day, and my ABV jar is similar. Probably trending a bit heavier on the THC side of late (maybe 2:1:1).

Simple method for edibles (it reads long but is dumb easy to do): I put my ABV (about 50g at a time) in a regular old French Press. I add cold water and stir and strain a couple times a day for three to four days (I'm really lazy). That cleans it up nice and easy, after six or seven "presses" the water pours out clean. I add oil directly to the (glass) French press "jar," add enough coconut oil to cover, stick it in a simmering water bath (on a hot plate), and let it get all melty. I stir it up and let it "cook" for two-three hours at a simmer. I then add about equal parts water to the coco-weed mix, let that come up to temperature, and then press the French Press filter down (slowly and steadily) until all the oil is on top (with some water) and the ABV and water is on the bottom. Oil floating is a neat trick. I may or may not filter it further depending on if there are any chunks. Then I usually add some liquid lecithin (soy or sunflower), hit it with the stick blender to get it all nice and mixed, and I squirt the still-liquid mix into silicone molds (with pot leaves of course). That goes in the freezer, and one or two 7.4ml cocobudder edibles go in my morning coffee or evening tea.

Also, might be worth getting an atomizer. I've found live resins, rosins, flower, hash pretty much anything "full spec" to be 1000% more effective than any distillate (CBD, CBG, THC). That is across the board: for sleep, pain, anxiety, spasms, convulsions, and all the other reasons I use weed. A mod or pen-style atomizer is very effective (and inexpensive) way to consume concentrates (or distillate if needs must). I have been using a Divine Tribe v4 of late and quite like it. It's probably the least expensive way to get into temp-controlled dabbing I've found (you can get a complete set for under $100 to hit dry, just over $100 with a hubble bubble, and maybe $125 for the kit + bottomless banger and accessories if you have a rig already). Excellent value for the money, and I often use it instead of bangers/enails/etc. just because it's so simple and easy to clean/reconstruct.

---------------------------

edit: as per your last comment about involuntary movements and hypnogogic jerks, definitely maybe try CBD, CBG, and CBN. CBD and CBG (and what gets converted during vaping/edible making into CBN) is very, very useful in helping with those symptoms for me. Most THC weed I find to exacerbate those particular symptoms. I have found specific (THC) strains that seem to help with anxiety and neuropathic pain but do not make my jerkiness worse. It's probably different for different people. THC distillate (i.e., oilpen style, etc.) makes me jerk like a marionette, and I avoid it like the plague.

Vape_ninja

thanks for the response, id love to see an image of 1 of these weed leaf shaped bad boys, and also " liquid lecithin (soy or sunflower)" this is something i learnt since reading this forums, before when i made cakes i would just simmer in butter or spread in a pan , gentle heat for over an hour at the least
had never heard of water washing either
My jar is probably 10:1 CBD:THC so i have no idea what kind of effect ill get from edibles from it, my main focus here though is how i can vaporize or consume large amounts of CBD before bed it seems to hit me well if i can take 100mg in a night i will sleep very well but i dont want to use the isolate alone i want to use it with some CBD flower if possible for the entourage effect , in the past CBD isolate vapes were hit and miss and wasnt as effective as vaping this cbd herb but the herb is expensive to vape that much constantly

vapeape77

whiskey nice choice lol

So how long do i have to leave this in sunlight to notice a difference? 1 Day? 1 Week?
its ground up sativa THC weed in a clear jar with kitchen roll / paper towel on the top
I’m not too sure about how long it takes for unvaped bud, I did read about the DEA researching number of months mj crops take to turn to cbn for forensic work, it was years on full bud I believe….

I’m no expert I just use that method for abv, always leave it out at least 6 months seems to work for me.

vapeape77

there are probably people who saw this thread and thought well damn thats a way to waste weed, but insomnia is a real problem
Totally with you there, major sleep problems for me as I age plus other issues to top that bowl off😂. I had an idea of buying Oz bud from local shop that I knew was old. But at a year 3 months old and the shops good storage I passed…. Lol if it was DEA forensics cbn I’d be all over it!

vapeape77,

Vape_ninja

ok i think i sussed it, put some raw rizla (its like brown greaseproof paper) and cover the inside of the mighty dosing capsule with it, cut to size
then add some isolate in the middle, the paper stops it dripping through, (optional add THC or CBD herb on top) place lid on capsule, then:

Turn mighty on, let it get hot so that when the capsule is dropped in the isolate isnt powder being inhaled i know that within 5 seconds it will begin to be non powder anymore and i can inhale and i get some clouds from it and not pull all the isolate powder up through the mouthpiece

Vape_ninja,
Reactions: vapeape77

vapeape77

ok i think i sussed it, put some raw rizla (its like brown greaseproof paper) and cover the inside of the mighty dosing capsule with it, cut to size
then add some isolate in the middle, the paper stops it dripping through, (optional add THC or CBD herb on top) place lid on capsule, then:

Turn mighty on, let it get hot so that when the capsule is dropped in the isolate isnt powder being inhaled i know that within 5 seconds it will begin to be non powder anymore and i can inhale and i get some clouds from it and not pull all the isolate powder up through the mouthpiece
Nice diy job! How’s the airflow on that setup? Help you sleep sound?

vapeape77,

Vape_ninja

Nice diy job! How’s the airflow on that setup? Help you sleep sound?
my next hurdle is measuring and trial and error , im not sure how to measure 10mg at a time of isolate, had some nice 0.001 weighing tings at one point but lost them , cant justify spending on another can i?

Vape_ninja,

vapeape77

my next hurdle is measuring and trial and error , im not sure how to measure 10mg at a time of isolate, had some nice 0.001 weighing tings at one point but lost them , cant justify spending on another can i?
Lol no measuring going on here, just place chunks isolate on oil pad to cover whole area and then put in brick jr over flower, the cleanup on the isolate is usually not too bad.

On my dynavap I have a glass ring reducer that keeps the rosin well contained with sandwiched flower. Might be another option for you.

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Have you considered using cotton as your 'vape pad'?

I have seen a couple of posts that refer to something similar to this on the EQ.
(And cotton is usually used as the wick for many e cigs)

AGBeer,

VapeEscapist

Medicine Buddha
(And cotton is usually used as the wick for many e cigs)
Yes, absolutely. Most of the vapes I know of would take a little cotton ball for concentrate, no problem.

I mostly use DynaCoil through a rig to dab my homemade BHO with CBD isolate powder, full spectrum CBG wax, full spectrum CBN and/or CBDV added. I load each hit separately with whatever I feel I want in the moment, I'm not really dosing exactly. I have mixed CBG, CBD wax, and CBD isolate with BHO, to make my own more exacting ratios for dabbing.

If you're looking for sleep aide, as mentioned above CBN has the most sedative effect. After a fair amount of CBN use I've recently become convinced that the sedative effect is real. I only use CBN for my last session of the day, in my Solo.

I am someone who has a very high tolerance so I have been interested to see how much entourage cannabinoids effect me. For daily use I really think I get the most benefits from CBG mixed with THC. I think my highs are better, less anxious, and generally more euphoric. I tell everyone I know that uses THC that they should likely be supplementing with CBD/cannabinoids alongside their THC intake.

Top Bottom