Vaping and fishing

Dopamine

Which vape do you bring when you’re out on a boat?

Torches will be a pita if it’s windy or out in bright sun.
Do I risk taking the Tinymight? One fall and it’s likely out of commission.

Open to suggestions for a durable, hard hitting vape while I’m out drifting and dreaming.

brucepatty

Fuck combustion!….unless out at sea where water is gonna fuck up something expensive. Just a couple J’s, I’d also recommend the carts too

brucepatty,

XpeeN

Which vape do you bring when you’re out on a boat?

Torches will be a pita if it’s windy or out in bright sun.
Do I risk taking the Tinymight? One fall and it’s likely out of commission.

Open to suggestions for a durable, hard hitting vape while I’m out drifting and dreaming.
One thing that comes to mind is a Stempod coupled with a durable box mod like Geekvape aegis (either single or dual battery); the stempod itself is made of silicon and metal lining so nothing will happen to the vape itself. You can use it with a wooden stem and be completely in peace. You might go for Dreamwood glow if you want a wooden body instead of silicon&metal, but it might be a bit less durable? idk really (I rarely drop mine). One thing to keep in mind is that Dreamwood make their own decks, which are optimized for DHVing (I can testify that I don't need to stir to get even AVB, I can't speak about stempod's performance though as I don't own one).
Edit: note that if you want it to be temperature controlled instead of manual (similar to a millana), you'd like to get a different box mod and not the aegis.

hillbill

Arizer SE
LEDs are visible in bright conditions
Quicker Heat up
Very powerful
Quite discreet
No grinding needed
Easiest cleaning

hillbill,
Reactions: Vapenvy

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I was also thinking Arizer SE.

I agree with all of the above and add
- no stirring
- can pre load multiple stems to avoid windy loading, although you need to buy extras as the SE only comes with one. I recommend the black tipped air stems.

Vapenvy,
Reactions: hillbill

Dopamine

I only have experience with an Arizer Argo. Did not like it. How does the SE compare to the Argo?

Easiest way might be to bring a DV and IH, or bring the Legacy PRO with dosing capsules.

Dopamine,

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I have never used an Argo, but reviews and comments seem to suggest it's not as powerful/potent as the other Arizer portables.

I will also say the air SE is quite a significant step up in performance from the air 1.5 I have used for years. I was very surprised!

DV and IH sounds like a winner but more things to manage and bring is a consideration -including spare batteries? A DV is indestructible but how expensive is that IH and how might it cope with a spray of water?

Something with dosing capsules and integrated mouth piece sounds perfect -as it's avoiding reloading in the wind or rocking boat you really want to avoid - plus extra durability if dropped.

Disclaimer - I have never vaped on a boat but base this info on skiing and playing Cricket.

Vapenvy,
Reactions: hillbill
Top Bottom