Vaping and fasting...

Choices

Anyone here included vaping as part of a fasting protocol? I have been doing intermittent fasting 16-8 style and I have found that if I am past about the ten hour mark fasting I don’t get any cravings or munchies tendency at all. I thought it might be a plausible thing but now I’m not even sure how to find out. There is so little top flight research involving cannabis. I’ll crawl down off my soapbox now. So any vaping faster types.... maybe fasting vapers are there here on FC? Thanks in advance!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Fasting as in not eating? I don't know what a 16-8 protocol is, but I have fasted and vaped, drinking water, although sometimes not even, but not necessarily purposefully lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Choices

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I dunno. The only fasting I've ever done was when I was a kid, and into my teens, for religious reasons.

But then it was fasting at least 24-hours, sundown to sundown. And a fast meant absolutely no eating, drinking, smoking, or any intake of anything else for at those 24-hours.

Of course, cannabis use was a terrible "sin". So we didn't do anything like that back then. But even cigarette smokers were not allowed to smoke. That would have been a violation of the fast. If you were taking anything into your body, then you weren't fasting.

I've never fasted outside of a religious context though...and I'm not at all religious anymore.

Last edited:

Choices

Fasting as in not eating? I don't know what a 16-8 protocol is, but I have fasted and vaped, drinking water, although sometimes not even, but not necessarily purposefully lol
A 16-8 intermittent fasting is going 16 hours without food and then eat all your food in the other 8 hours. So perhaps after you get up you don’t eat until after 11 am but you don’t eat after 7 pm. So basically skip breakfast, eat moderately, and then no after dinner snacking. It is something I’ve done for a week or so and seem to feel better, but I developed some horrible eating habits during the pandemic so it could be simply the eliminatilon of those and nothing else. I’m going to try a multilple day stretch at some point and in the past haven’t vaped while doing this so I’m curious to find out more about it all.

Shadooz

Wasn't aware it's called fasting, but i do a 18/6 diet, naturally, since years before it became trend...
i'm never hungry in the morning, only thirsty..

But it's my daily habit, if u "fasting" only one week on a year, u could have hypoglycemia acute crisis..
which will induce fat melting.
but can be nervous hypotensor at first, for unused people. And so increase some of the cannabis side effects, as muscular weakness, loss of conscioussness...

But except that... nothing different

Helios

Been on the IF 16/8 for years, and once a week ill do a 24 cycle fast
Cut many unhealthy Carbs out this year, less booze, less dairy, less meat (for some this is a travesty ) more LIVE foods,
Loaded fruit/veg Shakes in the AM thru the Nutribullet, go hard with a HIIT gym routine, swim or cycle, then maybe another shake a few hours later, then a sensible dinner all within that 8 hour eating window. FWIW I'm not strict with it however very discipled, so if a pie of pizza suddenly appears at 9pm with a few beers and some company I won't say no. Highly recommend IF. Good post.

zor

I won't lie....I woke up bleary eyed this morning due to pollen allergies, started the day with a bowl Blue Cookies and i read this as "vaping and farting" which I was ready to comment on the odiferous results of eating edibles made with ABV.

Well, I've fasted for various durations from time to time to help with IBS related issues, never really thought of vaping as included with that practice as I vape very regularly to begin with. Some cannabis varieties give me insanely more powerful cravings than others....

Choices

Been on the IF 16/8 for years, and once a week ill do a 24 cycle fast
Cut many unhealthy Carbs out this year, less booze, less dairy, less meat (for some this is a travesty ) more LIVE foods,
Loaded fruit/veg Shakes in the AM thru the Nutribullet, go hard with a HIIT gym routine, swim or cycle, then maybe another shake a few hours later, then a sensible dinner all within that 8 hour eating window. FWIW I'm not strict with it however very discipled, so if a pie of pizza suddenly appears at 9pm with a few beers and some company I won't say no. Highly recommend IF. Good post.
Hi @Helios this is just what I was after. I think it is a doable thing for me long term. What I’ve noticed so far is my cravings are way down compared to before when I’d graze in the kitchen way too often at just a small ping of hunger/interest. I far from my college competition weight but this seems like it could help me move that direction pretty easily. I haven’t jumped on the scales but I feel like I’ve shed a few....

Choices,
Reactions: Helios

Helios

I think it is a doable thing for me long term. What I’ve noticed so far is my cravings are way down compared to before when I’d graze in the kitchen way too often at just a small ping of hunger/interest. I far from my college competition weight but this seems like it could help me move that direction pretty easily. I haven’t jumped on the scales but I feel like I’ve shed a few....
Absolutely doable, shedding the sugar, salt, fat diet is a tough one particular here in the States, the first week of fasting is the most difficult to get thru without those craving you mentioned, the Term Hangry is very real (ask my woman) low salt pistachios satiate that hunger jones post vaping.
Like you I don't run to the scales either, nor do I count calories, the key for me at least is being sensible and consuming mindfully in accordance with moderation.
:tup:

Vaporware

…but you know that first meal might taste better if you don’t wait! ;)

the best love GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Old_muel

I sort of just naturally intermittently fast most of the time without trying as mentioned above, & have looked into fasting extensively & highly rate it, what I now do intentionally at least once or twice a year is an extended juice fast (juice cleanse, aka vacation from solid food) which I would highly recommend everyone try at least once, especially anyone with health issues, chronic or otherwise, it will even clear up issues you didn't even know you had, serious game changer for me & many others I know. You just make 70/30 veg/fruit juices & drink whenever hungry, 2-3 litres daily & no solid food, bypassing your digestive system (something like 65% of our energy expelled daily is on digesting food) & allowing the abundance of nutrients to enter your bloodstream directly & your body to focus on healing rather than processing food. 30 days was my longest so far, & the craziest part is how long after ceasing to eat that you continue to expel solid waste (no eating, just juice, but still doing solid shits!), like 2 weeks! Even more for some on less clean diets! The western diet clogs us up bad, Elvis's colon weighed 30lbs upon autopsy, & it's said most western dieters carry around 20lbs+ of excess waste, it's even referred to in religious texts as the cesspool, the serpent & the fall of mankind etc. Never felt better than when on & right after a juice fast, so clear & clean with boundless energy etc. give it a go ya got nothing to lose, I'll link a doco for anyone interested, just check out the health conditions being healed! -

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I sort of just naturally intermittently fast most of the time without trying as mentioned above, & have looked into fasting extensively & highly rate it, what I now do intentionally at least once or twice a year is an extended juice fast (juice cleanse, aka vacation from solid food) which I would highly recommend everyone try at least once, especially anyone with health issues, chronic or otherwise, it will even clear up issues you didn't even know you had, serious game changer for me & many others I know. You just make 70/30 veg/fruit juices & drink whenever hungry, 2-3 litres daily & no solid food, bypassing your digestive system (something like 65% of our energy expelled daily is on digesting food) & allowing the abundance of nutrients to enter your bloodstream directly & your body to focus on healing rather than processing food. 30 days was my longest so far, & the craziest part is how long after ceasing to eat that you continue to expel solid waste (no eating, just juice, but still doing solid shits!), like 2 weeks! Even more for some on less clean diets! The western diet clogs us up bad, Elvis's colon weighed 30lbs upon autopsy, & it's said most western dieters carry around 20lbs+ of excess waste, it's even referred to in religious texts as the cesspool, the serpent & the fall of mankind etc. Never felt better than when on & right after a juice fast, so clear & clean with boundless energy etc. give it a go ya got nothing to lose, I'll link a doco for anyone interested, just check out the health conditions being healed! -

Do you follow John Rose? Your post reminds me of his work 😊

invertedisdead,

Farid

When I vaped a lot I often "forgot" to eat. I usually had like 1 big meal a day, and maybe 1 other small one.

Since I cut back to next to nothing, I've found myself eating a much more regimented 3 meals a day, and eating a lot more. I definitely feel a reverse munchies effect as a regular user. So I imagine it could be very helpful for fasting.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
I do intermittent fasting for the past few years and been vaping, it does help control the cravings a lot but some of them strains do not care and make me occasionally break my fast for a snack.

I only vape on Friday -Sunday now lol so throughout the week i maintain the if

Last edited:
Sour Dream,

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I am a fan of IF too, 16/8 whenever I feel I am putting on a few lbs and need to shift something, or if I am feeling unwell for any reason. Couple of weeks at a time, maybe more. It's a great way to live.

Outside of the 8 hour eating window I allow myself water, black coffee/tea or herb tea - no milk / sugar / sweetener.

A couple of things I noticed:

If you get to 8-10am and feel hungry but you are not meant to be eating till 11, a very short burst of very vigorous exercise - 1 minute of shaking yourself for example - will push the hunger pangs back a good hour or two - try it - it only takes a minute but it's a very powerful addition.

It works even better if you eliminate, as I like to think of it "anything your grandmother would not recognise".

I cook, bake and ferment everything myself now, have been for a good while, and it's incredible just how appallingly bad you suddenly realise pretty much all commercially produced food really is.

Good stuff!!!

daoist

Interesting, subject. What works for me personally is a keto diet, which basicly comes down to cut out all the carbs in your diet and this includes sodas, fruits, rice, pasta, bread, candy . What this does is it transcents your body from burning sugars as main fuel source to burn fat and proteins as main fuel source. this process takes about two days. and after that you become a lean mean fat burning machine. your liver will start to produce ketones when you eat fat. foods, like eggs, steaks an fish.

After this you will start to notice rapid weight-loss, not feeling hungry, and more energy. and no energy dips.
I think it is absolutely fantastic. And also it will make it easier to go into fastening, becvause you will not feel hungry and even if you eat you will eat less.

I highly recommend everyone that likes to go on a diet, a cleansing or an intermitted fastening to try out the keto diet. Do your own research , and find your own meal plan, or consult an expert in these matters. but the basics are simple. just only eat (fat) meat, fish, egss and some low carb veggies. It is sort of similar as a carnivore diet. i take vitamine pills to make sure i still have enough minerals and vitamines.

I only can tell from personall experience that it absolutely works fantastic. I still vape with it. no problem. I don't see why not.

daoist,

tokenknifeguy

I've done the intermittent fasting for a while now, year plus (though i haven't really stuck to it here lately). Basically what I do, is just eat one big meal a day and that is all I eat. I vape all the time and it works very well for me. This fasting really has health benefits. Prior to starting I.F. I had a toe fungus that was persistent for almost 10 years. I pretty much gave up on it ever being fixed/healed. Then one day I noticed the fungus started to get better, and better and better. Until one day it was all gone. Only thing I did differently is my meal frequency. Most people don't realize how much energy your body needs to digest foods and instead of staying in a constant state of digestion, with fasting, you won't have this problem. Studies show that fasting for 24 hours can increase your natural human growth hormones up to 20x in males and 16x in females.

daoist

For me the one meal a day works pretty great too. Thats what i try to do when i do eat carbs, when i like a spaghetti aglio e olio or carbonara or chow mein or some stuff like that. If i just stick to that one meal i go back to ketosis pretty quick after the carbs have been burned.

I am 47 and I weight almost the same as when i was 18. It just my belly is a bit woblly and not so tight any more.

vapirtoo

Back in the 70's my group was caught up into the raw veggies and fruit craze.
It was very helpful and nice ,but hard to maintain. We did all kinds of fasts,
my longest was a week with just water.
Fasting basically shows the animal part of us who is really the boss.
"Treat your body as a cavalry officer would treat his horse."
I do not get hungry till the afternoon eventhough I must have a cup
of joe each morning as I vape. Wake and Bake! Many herb addicts are rail thin, and I am one of them.
My past fasting episodes have lead me to a very guarded relationship with American food.
Oh yeah, we fast every night and break-fast when we eat .

Robert-in-YEG

intermittent fasting
I don't think intermittent fasting should be an issue, but that's me, not you.

Every now and then, I get lost chasing the dragon. During those times, I often forget to eat. Vaped cannabis does not give me the munchies. Food generally tastes better, but not quite the same way as when I smoked. The point is balance, common sense, and moderation in all things, is generally the preferred path.

When in doubt, ask a medical professional, preferably a doctor.

Robert-in-YEG

IMG_3414.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: Sour Dream

GoldenBud

any dopamine raiser like thc or nicotine is bad for fasting, it all depends how strong you are... but it will reduce the chances to succeed the fasting yea

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom