Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongrel

IAmKrazy2 said:
@rastavape. IMO your post shows you have little to no idea how a business actually runs, especially a small starter business with limited resources. But you are surely entitled to your opinion.

Pushing back an expected release date in this industry is actually common. Really making an effort to make the best possible vape from the ground up is a little more rare. Rome was not built in a day.

yeah pushing back release dates is common but not right and it is a total pain in the arse! hopefully enough disgruntled potential purchasers will indicate to proposed retailers that this particular marketing strategy is fucked and not acceptable! get your shit together first ,then engage with your target customers. i personally will not again deal with people or companies who have promised and do not deliver on those promises. @krazy, i am a small business man (farmer) and i still find this unacceptable. plus, i found your comment to be slightly condescending.
mongrel

mongrel,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
mongrel said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
@rastavape. IMO your post shows you have little to no idea how a business actually runs, especially a small starter business with limited resources. But you are surely entitled to your opinion.

Pushing back an expected release date in this industry is actually common. Really making an effort to make the best possible vape from the ground up is a little more rare. Rome was not built in a day.

yeah pushing back release dates is common but not right and it is a total pain in the arse! hopefully enough disgruntled potential purchasers will indicate to proposed retailers that this particular marketing strategy is fucked and not acceptable! get your shit together first ,then engage with your target customers. i personally will not again deal with people or companies who have promised and do not deliver on those promises.
mongrel

I've lurked in this thread for months without posting but damn. Are you losing sleep over this? You have nothing else to vape out of? Its really not that serious..

tranceporter,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Without the semi-open source development, I don't think the Cloud would exist in its present form. We are fortunate.

t-dub

t-dub,

mongrel

open source hahahahahahahaha! now that's a good one. you been using linux too much and listening to it's afficianado's as well i suspect. i am not at all pissed off but i am very blunt. nothin' wrong with a bit of hearty ballsy debate. if i ran my business on a promise i'd be out the door and out of business.

mongrel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I don't remember hearing any promises. Just updates to anxious customers. I don't really see anything to debate about.

:peace:

Stu,

mongrel

lol, i am got gunna go through 165 pages so i'll give that to you. but, i was actually speaking of my own past experiences with promised goods that disappointed. i think the debates we speak of may have different topics? isn't this just about goods availability and time lines?
mongrel

mongrel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Each company is different and has different circumstances, so a generic reference to time lines or goods availability doesn't really apply across the broader spectrum.

If Apple were to tell me that they promised to release the iPhone 5 by March 1st, then I would expect them to do so based on their sheer size, and reputation. We are talking about a small startup company with a great idea. So I don't think it's fair to apply a blanket "time line" to their business model, and I don't think they have been over-promissing, but rather are probably equally frustrated with the issues that arise in starting up a new business.

:2c:

Stu,

xian22

Had ETAs been withheld, there would be nothing to gripe about. That's not a criticism of VXL, just something I've learned at a company that releases new product features regularly. SM gave wide etas out of kindness and optimism so I certainly can't fault him for it.

xian22,

dorkus_molorkus

Might I chime in with.................

IF U DONT LIKE IT, DONT BUY THE FUCKING THING.
STFU its ready when its fucking ready!

(there are plenty of others who will...... just step aside)

:2c: and all that

goddamn cork-soakers!

dorkus_molorkus,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Fact is, there was way too much hype for this. It's because the product looked so cool, people embraced it, and SM hyped it. I too am disappointed, but I do understand how this goes with a start-up. That said, I am done waiting for it. I'm done reading this thread every day. I'll buy a Cloud when it comes out, but I'll wait until I get an email saying I can order it.

So, my suggestion is if you are impatient, like me, walk away from this thread. I'm not going to hate on these guys, but I don't like long waits, updates that never happen, and endless debates. This thread was awesome when people were beta testing, and there was discussion about functionality and the technical aspects of the product. Now all the talk is about when it's coming out, why it's taking so long, who's to blame, etc.

I need a new vaporizer, so I am starting my research again and not even considering waiting for the Cloud anymore. Right now I am looking into the Solo...

Tstat,

dorkus_molorkus

@ Tstat- IMHO- the solo is awesome for what it is and what it can do, and is my daily driver over my DVB & HA2.1 till the cloud is availble in aussie 240volt

dorkus_molorkus,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Well... my beta is still alive and ticking. Had a couple old timer stoners over a few days ago and they have tried my portable vapes but are heavy duty, long time tokers. I told them I'd break out a vape that would remind of them big ass bong rips.

Set up the Cloud and was laughing my ass off watching these guys. They were amazed at the vapor having not used big hitters. I had the Hydratube out as well as a 12" tube. Didn't take long before both dudes were stoned as hell and declining another rip :D

For comparison I pulled out my SSV and both dudes decided they preferred the Cloud rips.

After some recovery time we went for round two - they tried to up their hits, trying to clear the tube - Was a riot! Both left wanting to know what the Cloud was called, where they could get one. They both loved it!

Meh...back to your regularly scheduled programming ;)

Lo,

ThouShaltVape

Loves Me Some MMJ
^^^ Love hearing this - thanks! My friends are die hard smokers -- I'm hoping this will give them something to ponder :)

ThouShaltVape,

dirtpie

Great story Lo. I have many friends that are like that too. Most everyone ended up enjoying my SSV greatly, but there were a few who still said it "sucked".

I can't wait to have them try out the cloud. That's part of the reason why I preordered, that, and my love for glass and vaporizing as well.

-dirtpie

dirtpie,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
TGIF guys, just thought I would chime in really quickly here. I understand everyone's frustrations and can empathize. When we started this about 2 years ago, we were just three guys building the best vaporizer we could. Somewhere along the way, as the product began to materialize, we had to become a real company.

I'll be the first to take the majority of the blame of not setting expectations properly but with our future products, we will behave and act more like a traditional company. We sent Lo her beta unit several months ago and while her unit is working fine, there were many beta units that ended up failing.

In order to ensure that the durability and consistency that a customer would expect from a high end product, we had to test, re-test, and do more testing to feel comfortable with our final product. As all of you know, this has pushed back the release date several times.

So, some good news here, we got the parts needed to continue testing the latest production models. We're going to build a few more, torture test the hell out of it, and pray that this is the final piece to the puzzle. I'm waiting for the assembled units to test as we speak.

stonemonkey55,

weedemon

enthusiast
thanks for the update dude! my fingers are crossed that this is the final piece to the clouds puzzle!

anxiously waiting launch!

My VAS got the better of me though in the mean time :p (Vape acquisition syndrome) I have a UD on the way now! that will keep my busy while you guys perfect my future daily driver! I'm cool waiting. cause when it's done, I want it done! :p

weedemon,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
@Lo

Awesome to hear a Florida resident has and is enjoying a beta-cloud! Great story, sounds like something I'll be doing a lot when I get mine!

@weedemon

I'm in the same boat as you man, those UD's are looking so nice right now !! :D

Glad to hear the update from SM, looks like they are really trying to get us the best possible product they can. I'm happy to wait.

MarcellusWiley,

NYC Vape

I had taken of a bit a break from vaping (meaning herbs) and am now back on light duty, so I had kind of forgotten about this thread for quite a few months.

But after coming back to this thread tonight and being a little disappointed, if I had to choose between reading that units were shipping and even a few failed, vs. reading that units are not yet shipping because VXH wants to sell a rock solid product, I'd rather hear the later.

Bad product reliability really hurts company's reputations. All SM and company are doing now is pissing off a bunch of overzealous vapophiles (I could use less complementary terms but then I'd be insulting myself as well)

Anyway I have a nice analog Volcano (flame me if you want but out of the 5 or so vapes I own, the V is in a league of it's own in terms of extraction) so my wait for the Cloud is not as bad as say for someone who doesn't have a great home unit to enjoy.

NYC Vape,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
Like everyone here I wish the Cloud was on my desktop, however I am more than willing to give the company some slack on release dates. I would rather wait for a product that is rock solid even at the 350 price. I refuse to worry abut something that I do not have any control over, however I agree with dorkus_molorkus. You don't have to buy it and I am sure that you will regret being impatient when it comes out. Vapexhale could of kept quiet about their problems but I kind of like being kept in the loop. I guess patience is a virtue that comes with age.

jackstraw62,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I just wanted to commend (most of) the posts this past week. In particular, max offered some needed perspective. Yes, announcement expectations were set too high. VHX has accordingly fallen on its sword, which is all it can or should do.

In the interest of balance it's apropos to remind that this situation is not one of a product recall or a major warranty problem or paid for but unfulfilled orders or a prematurely released product that fails to deliver on a promised function or feature. No one is out-of-pocket anything, no one has a product they regretted buying. No harm, no foul.

So the alternatives are straightforward: Wait for what promises to be an exceptional even game-changing product, purchase another product currently on the market, or if you have deep pockets, do both. End of story.

oldiebutgoodie,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Hello all Vapexhale fans!!! Long time since I visited this thread. Still just as excited as the first day I heard about the device!!! I know you will sell many and ultimately have many happy customers!!!

Just thought I'd throw one more positive post on the pile!!! :2c:

Bluntcrush,

THCMuscle

I am curious to see what the hydra tube stand looks like. I remember the design pictures and vote last summer.

THCMuscle,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom