Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

havock69

pakalolo said:
Pappy said:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5104/5662950832_4a71bb20dc.jpg

This is the ELB, the Cloud's only moving part. It's a well constructed mesh cylinder, easy to swap in and out. I didn't stir in any tests and my conclusion is the ELB requires little or no stirring. Of the 3 vapes tested, VXC, EQV, and DBV, the VXC consistently produced the brownest ABV of the bunch.

That's the first picture I've seen of the ELB. I've been curious ever since sm55 described it to me. The mesh looks about the same as an Arizer elbow screen. As you know, the Arizer elbow clogs quickly and I have resorted to swapping them every time I load a cyclone bowl. I hope the ELB doesn't clog as fast, but I see no reason why it shouldn't. How many come with the Cloud, and how much will extra ELBs cost? (That latter is aimed at sm55.)

The difference being that the arizer dome screens are in the vapor path. Correct me if I'm wrong but, the only thing that would get clogged would be the little cap to the ELB.

havock69,

Pappy

shmaporist
Thanks for all your kind comments. Having a lots of fun with the VXC and getting vaked in the process. :cool:
hereatlast said:
I didn't realize there was a flashing light going on until that vid.
Lights are pretty self explanatory. Turns green when VXC strikes related the knob temp, 7:00 to 5:00. SM can elaborate.
pakalolo said:
The mesh looks about the same as an Arizer elbow screen. As you know, the Arizer elbow clogs quickly and I have resorted to swapping them every time I load a cyclone bowl. I hope the ELB doesn't clog as fast
It actually clogs less than EQV elbow because you leave a little space in the chamber, it's designed that way. So happens I'm soking EZB in ISO right now for first time.
AgentofChaos said:
Pappy, how would you describe the flavor delivery?
SM asked same question. Water tools tend to diffuse taste after first few hits. That said the VXC tastes great. So happens the BW is my tastiest pipe and the Green Crack tasted great in it. ;)
Stu said:
Do you think that my BW will have enough clearance for the Cloud? It seems like my downstem is a little closer to the shaft than on your piece and I wonder if I have enough clearance to allow for the VXC to fit.
I think it'll work Stu. Post a measurement and SM can answer.

Pappy,

B.

War Criminal
Pappy-is that Lando Calrissian I see smilin at me? Is it a coincidence that you have a pic of the leader of cloud city in your video of the cloud(is he the leader of cloud city? i don't really recall...)? cosmic.

Also, I'm vapin some green crack right now myself(a rarity in stupid Iowa) and it is tasty :)

VXL-I'm impressed with your dedication to releasing the highest quality vape possible. Not many folks would be this diligent. I'm more sure now than ever that if you guys say its worth fixin before the release, we'll all be happier with it when it finally gets the SM55 stamp of approval. cheers to quality, and taking the time to get it right.

B.,

lepstadder

I am so freaking jealous

I have never been so eager to give my $ to anyone before

I have been having cloud dreams

lepstadder,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Wow, Pappy... It really does look incredible. How much did you put in that bowl to get all those hits? I think that may be my new bedroom vape, when I finally get the chance to buy one. That may mean the PD goes away... :o

Tstat,

Troi

Hey Guys Expect another Beta Review, soon. My beta unit should be in my hands in the next few hours, very excited!!

Troi,

Stonebreaker6

Vulgar display of insouciance
Sweet jesus Pappy, that makes me want one so badly. Goddamn...

There's a light at the end of the VXL tunnel. Gimme gimme gimme you evil geniuses! :o

Stonebreaker6,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
lepstadder said:
I am so freaking jealous

I have never been so eager to give my $ to anyone before

I have been having cloud dreams

^Ha, hopefully good dreams with HUGEEEE timeless vapor hits :)

@ Pappy: Loved the dancing at the end. Those rips looked very smooth :)

Elluzion,

Troi

Heres my first review of the cloud beta

--Initial Reaction

Got the beta cloud this morning; I have been through only two bowl packs. (I believe I ground up about .4 of bud, and packed 2 EZ loads). So far it has been as I hoped and anticipated, after unpacking the unit its about the exact size that I expected, roughly under 8 inches tall and about 1.5 inches wide (Not exact measurement will get that if anyone specifically interested). The unit is also surprisingly light (compared to many other vapes) but it is heavy enough to have a sturdy feel in your hand.

After plugging the unit in i turned it up to about 3/4 to allow it to warm up, then when the light turned green I allowed the unit to cool back to a little beyond 12 noon on the dial. loaded in the EZ bowl, and propped on the hydra-tube, and sucked within seconds i was tasting the tastiest vapor I have ever had, and blew a cloud with my first hit. I continued this with great enjoyment and after the first EZ bowl i was quite medicated, but i had to pack another and i am very medicated, probably set for the next 3-4 hours.

I am very impressed, I own the volcano Digit, LSV, Silver Surfer, MFLB, Extreme-Q and none of these devices impressed me in my initial use as the cloud did, in all the other devices I had to learn how to use them probably at least 5-6 packs if not more before i was getting vapor that was still not as satisfying as the cloud produced this morning. I don't think I will ever use one of my old vaporizers again.

--Pros
-Consistent, not air draw speed Dependant heat retention. I tried sucking slowly and very quickly and felt no difference in the vapor density or taste.
-Simple Warm up, set the switch to your desired temperature, hit the switch the light will turn red and then green when it is ready for you to draw from.
-Tasty vapor from get go, and till the bud has been spent. Roughly 6 hits per bowl, with a middle stir session will provide you all the medication that you want to draw from the herb.
-The Hyrdatube experience is simply awesome, its a new vaping experience in its own, very simple and enjoyable. In my opinion allows you to travel with the cloud without needing all your clunky glass especially nice for those of us who prefer/demand hydrated vapor.
-All Glass Airpath, you look right down the cloud and can see that its a straight glass tube, with no interference from a heating element or electronics.

-- Cons
--Currently have not found any, one thing I will mention, the ez load bowl has a tight mesh, and for heavy users yes over time this will become clogged and require an ISO soak. But, I am certain that these will be cost effective enough to have a couple on hand.

I will probably update this review -- but wanted to get my initial reactions on this board. Please feel free to ask me any questions I will be happy to answer. I will also be posting some videos tomorrow where the Cloud meets my 2010 BC king Dub Bub.

Troi,

Pappy

shmaporist
B. said:
Pappy-is that Lando Calrissian I see smilin at me? Is it a coincidence that you have a pic of the leader of cloud city in your video of the cloud(is he the leader of cloud city? i don't really recall...)? cosmic.

Unbeknownst to Hans Solo, Lando Calrissian made a deal with the Imperial leader Darth Vader to ensure the Cloud City's continued economic autonomy. He promised to aid the Empire in taking his old friend prisoner, in order to lure the Rebel commander Luke Skywalker to the city in a rescue effort... I'm having lunch with Lando later today. :D
Troi said:
One thing I will mention, the ez load bowl has a tight mesh, and for heavy users yes over time this will become clogged and require an ISO soak. But, I am certain that these will be cost effective enough to have a couple on hand.
Nice review Troi.
Soaked my last night... Easy Peazy.

Pappy,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
has anyone tried concentrates yet? I can put some bubble on a bed of pot and get very stoned.

jackstraw62,

Neverender

stonemonkey55 said:
Neverender said:
Wait... so has anyone on the preorder list been prompted to pay yet?

I know I signed up for the preorder, I want to say around last August? I never paid anything or have had any emails since.

You will be receiving an email once we get through the manufacturing process. Once that is finished, most, if not all, pre-order registrants will be getting their emails concurrently.

Perfect. :)

Sooooooo stoked for this!

Neverender,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
jackstraw62 said:
has anyone tried concentrates yet? I can put some bubble on a bed of pot and get very stoned.

Ive tried bubble hash right on the screen with no herb, works pretty well. It would be easy to clean anything that leaked through, but you do need to pump the temp a bit.

IAmKrazy2,

hereatlast

I'm interested in the preference of temperature as well. Pappy, it looks like you're dialed up at a considerably higher temp. than some of SM's previous vids...obviously this boils down to personal preference but I wonder where the (lucky) beta-testers have found their niche..? Again, all looks great, very much looking forward to the production models.

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
I'm interested in the preference of temperature as well. Pappy, it looks like you're dialed up at a considerably higher temp. than some of SM's previous vids...obviously this boils down to personal preference but I wonder where the (lucky) beta-testers have found their niche..? Again, all looks great, very much looking forward to the production models.
This is a beta unit. I'll let SM elaborate but this is one area being tweaked. BTW Ben Wilson told me the bore on my new inline is 26 x 4mm and said he really dug the VXC Beta Test using his piece. Here's a little more to whet your appetites, VXC/SG Test 1...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRF9E0xRWSk

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
OK, I just noticed on Pappy's latest video that Cloud is a 18MM and not a 14? I guess, since all my glass is 14, I would have to get a 14 to 18 adaptor? I know I knew this before, but I must have forgotten. Hmm...

Tstat,

hereatlast

Yup Tstat, that's the ticket. They seem to be pretty widely available but price differs quite a bit from what I've seen.

hereatlast,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Pappy said:
hereatlast said:
This is a beta unit. I'll let SM elaborate but this is one area being tweaked. BTW Ben Wilson told me the bore on my new inline is 26 x 4mm and said he really dug the VXC Beta Test using his piece. Here's a little more to whet your appetites, VXC/SG Test 1...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRF9E0xRWSk

I'm @ 11:45 or 12:00 on the dial at all times with thick as hell low temp vape. Much lower then Pappy. I finish the whole bowl this way, but am uncertain if my unit is calibrated the same as the other testers, or the same as the production unit. This is the same position SM55 used with my unit, while it was in his possession. I call it, #8 cause there is a #8 hand written on the bottom.

Testing HEAVY tonight. I'll take the time for the in depth review and comparison by the end of this weekend at the latest. Sorry on the delay. So far, it is obvious this is a beast of a machine, and the king of water tool vapes. I consider this statement less of an opinion, and more of a fact that nearly everyone could agree with after some testing. Once again, more to come.....

Ah, and have been testing on some of my bigger water tools and wow. Heat retention is insane, and the least restricted feel while hitting (feels like none). Also, very easy to pull the unit while using water tools to clear the vapor, and equally easy to pull up the hydra tree to clear that tube. I think this contributes to a very easy to use vaporizer.

IAmKrazy2,

Pappy

shmaporist
IAmKrazy2 said:
I'm @ 11:45 or 12:00 on the dial at all times with thick as hell low temp vape. Much lower then Pappy. I finish the whole bowl this way, but am uncertain if my unit is calibrated the same as the other testers, or the same as the production unit. This is the same position SM55 used with my unit, while it was in his possession. I call it, #8 cause there is a #8 hand written on the bottom.
SM told me the prodo will be calibrated differently than mine. The sweetspot on my beta is 2-3 o'clock. SM mentioned it would be more like noon on the prodo and I quipped that reminded me of the 11 on the Volume knob in Spinal Tap. I think the betas are each calibrated a little differently. ;)
IAmKrazy2 said:
Ah, and have been testing on some of my bigger water tools and wow. Heat retention is insane, and the least restricted feel while hitting (feels like none). Also, very easy to pull the unit while using water tools to clear the vapor, and equally easy to pull up the hydra tree to clear that tube. I think this contributes to a very easy to use vaporizer.
Totally agree. I'm using it at work and play. :D

Pappy,

Nycdeisel

loving all these reviews, im fuckin stoked! Im now thinking of buying a nice piece with an 18mm joint mostly for the cloud, and I have an 18-14 reducer so I could still use all of my others parts on it.

Nycdeisel,

Pappy

shmaporist
Nycdeisel said:
loving all these reviews, im fuckin stoked! Im now thinking of buying a nice piece with an 18mm joint mostly for the cloud, and I have an 18-14 reducer so I could still use all of my others parts on it.
An adaptor does the trick. ;)

Pappy,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom