oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Stonefree_OU812 said:
As for taking credit card orders, I used to have Cardservice International. Ran
a mail order publishing business from home & used them for years, great rates
& service.

I sold TONS of books w/them. Also had a check by phone service which was
great too.

I don't think the challenge was one of cc card processing per se; there are many such options. I'm pretty sure that VapeXhale wants/needs the back-end merchant services that a major provider supplies and the benefits thereof which help offset the cost of the processing. VapeXhale will be using one of the majors.

oldiebutgoodie,

Adobewan

Any chance some of the more experienced glass users would compare the Hydratube and Showerdome in use.
I'm a long time vaporist but never have used glass. Want to get on The Cloud waiting list but honestly have no clue which piece of glass to choose. Vito told me the Showerdome provides deep gurgling bubbles and the Hydratube provides a fizz. Any more info or preferences shared would be appreciated!

Let me know if I need to go through the thread, I already did a search with no luck.

Adobewan,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
Adobewan said:
...Let me know if I need to go through the thread,..

yes. imo just about everything that can be said about the difference in the ht's has been discussed (multiple times) in this thread. i would go back to around nov2011 when initial ordering was opened up and peeps suddenly had to choose one. needless to say ht discussions started up again at that point. personally i dont think you can go wrong with either one. and if you get tired of the one you order, you can order a different one in the future.
:2c:

moodswing,

oldiebutgoodie

Adobewan said:
Any chance some of the more experienced glass users would compare the Hydratube and Showerdome in use.
I'm a long time vaporist but never have used glass. Want to get on The Cloud waiting list but honestly have no clue which piece of glass to choose. Vito told me the Showerdome provides deep gurgling bubbles and the Hydratube provides a fizz. Any more info or preferences shared would be appreciated!

Let me know if I need to go through the thread, I already did a search with no luck.

You don't have to go back to November posts. This was revisited in just the last week or so, with a post pulled from the past and then elaborated upon by max et al. Probably within the last 5-10 pages. Take a look there.

The Showerdome is shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoBdp_xNNKI

AFAIK, there is not a vid of the tree any longer. The vids posted by Vitolo does sort of show the diff between a circ and a tree, but there are many differences vs the HT's. In that Showerdome vid there are two circ chambers with the top one having a dome; the HT Showerdome is essentially like that top chamber. Both those pieces are larger than the HT's particularly in diameter. The HT's also use less water. The longer the path and the more water, the greater the drag. Also take note of the HT joints, the SD is recessed while the Tree is exposed. making it a bit longer. A lot more info in those other posts.

oldiebutgoodie,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Here is a link to Max's post a while back on the subject. I am leaning BACK towards the tree now . . lol! :nod:

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=188641#p188641
max said:
Tree or dome works great. It comes down to personal preference, and I think most people, if just a single HT is the plan, would be satisfied with either. Here's probably the best description of what you get. From page 27 (which also includes a very good 'glass basics' post by sm)-

stonemonkey55 said:
Describing how the different HydraTubes hit is very difficult if you do not have any experience with any water tools in the past.

Durden's descrption does a good job IMO

This is all my opinion so don't get too crazy please, not gonna edit it just gonna ramble a bit and hopefully thatll be helpful tongue.

Think about the difference in the construction for a second. The circulator design has all the slits at the same level, so each has nearly equal potential at any point during the hit for the vapor to pass through. The slits are also vertical and the vapor is forced through the top part of slit as much as possible so the bubbles are small. Because the slits on the circ are farther out from the stem, the bubbles dont collide with glass or each other as often and stack more. The end result is a very uniform bubbly hit (once you displace the initial water) as more slits operate the harder that you pull/drag, that still has enough airflow for fast clears.

The tree has a slightly different construction, with 2 rows of slits (or grids) and often open ends on the bottom of the tree. This means that when you pull softly, the real action is taking place in the top row of slits/grids, and as you pull harder the vapor is forced further down the trees and out the other slits/grids, and sometimes coming out the bottom ends (and out of everything when you clear it). So the more you pull the more water is displaced as the bubbles form deeper in the water, where in the circ all the water is displaced in the beginning of the hit and as you pull your just pulling bubbles through the water. There are also more collisions of bubbles with the glass and each other so you get larger bubbles forming out of several smaller ones which dont stack as high.

Gridded trees make smaller bubbles so there is more initial diffusion, but there are still many collisions of the bubbles so they don't stack as high as circs. A good mix of both worlds.

Smaller bubbles mean more diffusion, but high stacks of bubbles dont always give the vapor time to condense. Bubble stacks preserve flavor more, and trees take slightly less overall effort to operate. Then again if the vapor is thick coming in it doesnt matter how its diffused youll get thick vapor coming out brow.

My tree feels more 'normal' to me whatever that means in the glass world, and I have much more experience using them than circs, but I love using circs and think they hit amazingly smooth.2c
I'd love to give you guys a clearer answer but without any previous experience with glass, it is hard to contextualize. Even when you do have previous experience with glass, sometimes the difference one feels when vaping is difficult to capture with words.

If I were to just give a description of a few words for each, this is how I would describe them:

ShowerDome - Drag free, nice rumble, great diffusion, medium sized bubbles.

HydraTree - "smoother" sounding, instead of rumble, more of a fizzy sound, diffuses great, medium sized bubbles.

Gridded HydraTree- Similar to tree, smaller bubbles, even "fizzier" sound

The bad news is that those are poor descriptions, the good news is, no matter which one you get, you can be sure that you are getting "best in class" diffusers for each diffuser type so you really can't go wrong.

t-dub,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Adobewan said:

I'm a glass noob as well, but test driving the cloud has made me a believer. I honestly think that glass noobs like us will not pick up on the differences for a while, but I have only used the shower dome. I wouldn't lament too much...just pick one...they both get you hi!

stickstones,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
stickstones said:
Adobewan said:

I'm a glass noob as well, but test driving the cloud has made me a believer. I honestly think that glass noobs like us will not pick up on the differences for a while, but I have only used the shower dome. I wouldn't lament too much...just pick one...they both get you hi!

As a glass noob, you'll be happy with either. My taste and experience with glass (and collection) of glass has grown a lot since i first pre-ordered the VXC. It has grown more since i have had the privilege of testing several VXC's. In the end, there isn't a bad way to use the VXC... when i was last using my cloud (don't currently have one) i was really just enjoying a nice long 18mm straight tube the most, no deffusion and barely and water. Just nice big rips of tasty vapor. variety is the spice of life, and one thing is for sure in glass, when it comes with the VXC it will be of top quality, no wrong choices.

IAmKrazy2,

norcal

haha i cant wait to have a cloud hooked up to my rig so I can vape on the road with this thing. That being said i hope the wait isnt more than a couple months at most. We have been waiting for over a year for this and now its such a drawn out process if they can ony do a few a week or even a few a day im sure most of us have a while till we get to be on cloud 420 :ko:

norcal,

Adobewan

You guys all rock, thanks for all the info, should have waited a bit before I followed Moodswing's advice and searched. I also found Stonemonkey's post as well, thanks T-Dub. Leaned me toward the "fizz" of the Hydratube.
Looking forward to watching the vids(bowing to the ever resourceful Padre Vito) but had to jump in and say thanks for the numerous helpful responses. Love the community sense that runs thru this forum.

On another note, as I mentioned I was leaning toward the Hydratube so tried to pre-order in order to get on the list before it grows, but got a message saying (paraphrasing)"I could only post to this page once". Now it's entirely possible, as some of you will sympathize with I'm sure, that I pre-ordered awhile ago and forgot(but I really don't remember). Emailed thru support to see if my pre-order went thru and what happened but haven't hear back.
Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts. Would prefer to look at the feedback you guys have provided before my pre-order so hoping it didn't go thru.

Adobewan,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Don't worry about HydraTube selection on the preorder, Tree or dome or whatever is available when your turn comes up will be what you get to choose from is my understanding of the situation. So if you are on the list, settle in, I would also expect, as the situation improves for VXL, that the # of units shipped will increase.

Edit: @Adobewan VVV When I preordered I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail either. Don't think they send them out.

t-dub,

Adobewan

Thanks again T, I'm good with that, just don't know if the pre-order process went thru or not.

Adobewan,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
TGIF Guys! For all the people that want to see the various VXC videos, I've made them public on my youtube channel again.

http://www.youtube.com/user/stonemonkey55/videos

Showerdome or HydraTree is kinda like Lebron or Kobe, Mary Ann or Ginger, Jacob or Edward (my wife made me throw in that Twilight reference), depending on who you ask, you'll probably get a different answer. What I can say is that I'm positive that if you are a glass noob, you will be happy with either.

Have a good weekend everyone.

stonemonkey55,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
vape4life said:
Thanks SM! Definitely helps tie us over...can't wait. Good karma to you guys.

Ditto, SM! Very excited and sending thick, vapy vibes your way!

Vapinghole,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks Monkey Man. Forgot about this one,

Krazys Vid

Was just getting over being sick, and was having a hard time taking big rips. Was out on my screened porch for this video, hitting extremely low temp vapor although its hard to see in that video, in the right light it may have been blue. In comparison, i'd guess about 175 on my extreme, lower in temp then even my Ash PD,

edit* i made like 8 videos that day, most of which i think i deleted. i packed a freshie for each, and wil nicely toasted,

IAmKrazy2,

lookmomnohands

stonemonkey55 said:
TGIF Guys! For all the people that want to see the various VXC videos, I've made them public on my youtube channel again.

http://www.youtube.com/user/stonemonkey55/videos

Those hits out of your Matrix Ion are CRAZY. Almost as thick as smoke. Wow. The way you choked and coughed at the end was pretty phenomenal as well.

Is there anyway to reserve just the VxC, without the Hydra or Shower?

lookmomnohands,

oldiebutgoodie

lookmomnohands said:
Is there anyway to reserve just the VxC, without the Hydra or Shower?

AFAIK the initial release is the combined Cloud + HT package only. Stonemonkey has posted that there are future plans for other glass and standalone Cloud, but no indication of when that might be.

oldiebutgoodie,

B.

War Criminal
reserve no, but eventually the cloud will be available on its own w/o a HT.

B.,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom