• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapes on Planes - Traveling With Vaporizers

zor

I'm halfway through a trip across Europe and I didn'y bring any weed related crap with me, save for pounding my remaining cannacaps on the flight over the pond. Maybe this should go in the apathy thread but I'm loving my "forced" t-break and apart from today haven't even given weed a thought. My social anxieties and insomnia are still present but mindfulness exercises and the best travel partner I could dream of mitigate those issues extremely well.

Now, were I to be gone for months on end I'm sure I would feel differently, but for 2-6 weeks I'm happy to indulge in new cultures, foods, and experiences without weed.

adamster

I want so much to take a vapo this summer but its a family trip and I cannot have anything happen
I would get a new 510 thread and was thinking of having a small pack of ejuice along with my oil.

adamster,
Reactions: CarolKing

adamster

But Chocolate with THC that is not stamped and look like any other except its round with portion cutouts, I took two of those from NY to Lanarca Cyprus, via Paris. They hav 100 mg of thc each. On of their portions is a bit weak, 2 are about right. Would you say I took a drastic chance?

adamster,

zor

But Chocolate with THC that is not stamped and look like any other except its round with portion cutouts, I took two of those from NY to Lanarca Cyprus, via Paris. They hav 100 mg of thc each. On of their portions is a bit weak, 2 are about right. Would you say I took a drastic chance?

I'd worry about drug dogs being able to detect that :(

zor,

toked23

Went on a cruise last week. Drove to the port as I live 90miles from one. Tossed around the idea in my head about bringing some meds with me but glad I didn't. While going through the terminal to board the ship we had a k9 police dog walking around constantly up and down the lines and check in desks and sniffing all over everything. For me it wasn't worth the risk, but just wanted others to see this and be very careful with cruises.

stinkytofus

Yup find locals who has them, rather thank risking a chance being someones future girlfriend/inmate lol

stinkytofus,

zor

I assume isolate travels well in theory? No terpenes, so nothing they would be trained to identify?

Do we know what they are trained to sniff for? There's more to weed than just terps, and a dog's nose can pick up scents you and I can't even fathom. Depends on the training, I guess!

stinkytofus

Anyone had ther 18650 or similar batteries picked up by check in scanners and told to bring with u on airplane ? I thought they didnt want batteries in carry ons ?

Funny thing was they didnt pick up my milaana which had a slight mj smell to it, even after a thorough cleaning

stinkytofus,
Reactions: CarolKing

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Do we know what they are trained to sniff for? There's more to weed than just terps, and a dog's nose can pick up scents you and I can't even fathom. Depends on the training, I guess!

I tried looking around a bit and couldn't find anything claiming what is used for testing. It seems like some places use real buds and others use "pseudo scents" I actually found a bunch of articles talking about not training dogs to find cannabis, and "un-training" current dogs as states legalize.

I really don't think there's anything to smell with pure isolate but I could be way off. I wonder if they are just trained to find Myrcene.

Anyone had ther 18650 or similar batteries picked up by check in scanners and told to bring with u on airplane ? I thought they didnt want batteries in carry ons ?

Funny thing was they didnt pick up my milaana which had a slight mj smell to it, even after a thorough cleaning

No they do want 18650's in the carry on. They don't want people checking lithium batteries.

Last edited by a moderator:

zor

Look at the patch the handler is wearing on their uniform. If its DEA or a local law enforcement agency like the sherif its probably a drug dog. TSA and most of the others are searching for explosive ingredient residues.

Heh, I meant what the dogs are trained to sniff for when looking for cannabis

zor,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Heh, I meant what the dogs are trained to sniff for when looking for cannabis
Well . . . the cops use cannabis for training the dogs, they will definitely be able to detect it. Dogs have also been trained to find other things as well.

However, some dogs seem to take "hints" from the handler during traffic stops, which is no bueno. . . :nope:

Last edited:
t-dub,
Reactions: grokit

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Hey, when you are traveling internationally things can get tough quick. I remember moving through Paris at Charles de Gaulle a few times and they had guys walking around with machine guns, and dogs sniffing all your shit, and I have seen much worse than that in my travels.

t-dub,

Vapor4me

I remember moving through Paris at Charles de Gaulle a few times and they had guys walking around with machine guns, and dogs sniffing all your shit, and I have seen much worse than that in my travels.

It's been like that fro some years now, and I don't think it will change anytime soon after what happened recently, but each European country has its own approach. The liked the Netherlands' approach the best: No soldiers walking around, not at the airport, not in the streets. They're probably surveying, but more discretely.

As to dogs and edibles, yes they will find them if: you come across a dog trained to spot that which you carry (food, money or plant matter) and if it is not properly air sealed.

Vapor4me,

bluenavey00

Arizer Air Aficionado
Traveled internationally with my Arizer Air for the second time without issue. This time from London to Barcelona.

As before, my method is to fully clean before travel, and load a stem with tobacco borrowed from a friend. Put the vape, battery, loaded stem, and tobacco pouch in my vape case. I bring this in my hand luggage, and when it comes to security I take out the vape case, and leave it with the rest of my electronics, laptop, iPad battery bank. Not an eye lid was batted.

This time I had checked luggage also, so in here with my toiletries I brought a 100ML travel bottle filled with ISO. On the final day, enjoyed a few more puffs in the outdoor smoking area of the airport. Dumped the ABV, dropped the stem into the ISO bottle, gave it a shake, and proceeded to the toilets before passing though security to give it a rinse, I poured away the ISO. I re-loaded the stem with tobacco and repeated the packing process.

First time I did it, I had no checked luggage, so brought the ISO in the 100ML bottle in hand luggage, didn't get flagged up.

ktmstick

Traveled internationally with my Arizer Air for the second time without issue. This time from London to Barcelona.

As before, my method is to fully clean before travel, and load a stem with tobacco borrowed from a friend. Put the vape, battery, loaded stem, and tobacco pouch in my vape case. I bring this in my hand luggage, and when it comes to security I take out the vape case, and leave it with the rest of my electronics, laptop, iPad battery bank. Not an eye lid was batted.

This time I had checked luggage also, so in here with my toiletries I brought a 100ML travel bottle filled with ISO. On the final day, enjoyed a few more puffs in the outdoor smoking area of the airport. Dumped the ABV, dropped the stem into the ISO bottle, gave it a shake, and proceeded to the toilets before passing though security to give it a rinse, I poured away the ISO. I re-loaded the stem with tobacco and repeated the packing process.

First time I did it, I had no checked luggage, so brought the ISO in the 100ML bottle in hand luggage, didn't get flagged up.

Just did exactly the same with a trip to Amsterdam. Crafty in my hand luggage in original box, 100ml iso in washbag to clean out before returning home.

WeedyGirl1979

Went on a cruise last week. Drove to the port as I live 90miles from one. Tossed around the idea in my head about bringing some meds with me but glad I didn't. While going through the terminal to board the ship we had a k9 police dog walking around constantly up and down the lines and check in desks and sniffing all over everything. For me it wasn't worth the risk, but just wanted others to see this and be very careful with cruises.
I was on a cruise in February and while I don't usually worry, we got a strong letter (it was a charter) to "don't even bring it". I was actually obedient and while there were no issues leaving, coming back there were dogs at the port and in the airport. Yes, with the DEA, and yes, I was grateful for my long-overdue t-break.

Meach

My solo has traveled w me plenty..wood stem in my toiletries bag and the solo itself in my luggage..a good cleaning and I've never had issues..knock on wood

rogrog

I regularly travel domestic US with a portable vaporizer and a small grinder (spacecase scout). I thoroughly clean with ISO until there's no smell, resin, or green residue. No issues at all. I only use carry-on and I dont pack the vape gear any differently other than putting the batteries inside a case. I keep the grinder with my toiletries and the vaporizer with my electronics/phone charger.

I dont travel with flower or anything, though. I have been successful pre-grinding flower and stuffing into capsules and mixing with other supplements I take, but this alot of work & makes me nervous though and I'd rather just source a gram or two at my destination.

rogrog,

DrOctagon

My new portable setup. Just tested for air travel, as well as carry-on capable. Flew out of Detroit into Boston and back this week with 1/2g Skywalker OG Co2 oil loaded into a Galactic OPen cart on top of my Vapor Bros Dabbler. Not one second glance from TSA at the security check point. :cool:

F4790444-FF6E-4D37-B8DC-4B624439F264_zpska8npavg.jpg

Gettin ripped in the bathroom with little to ok smell. Co2 is the titteeeeehhhhhhhssssss.

Did you keep it connected or did you put the cartridge in your ziploc bag with other liquids? I'm traveling to Amsterdam and wanna take the exact same thing...

DrOctagon,

rogrog

Funny how we only hear of the success. Wonder why we don't hear from the folks who got popped?

I'm imagine the failure rate is actually that low. I cannot recall reading on any forum, reddit, newsgroup in all my years about someone talking about how they got busted by TSA for carrying a little weed.

rogrog,
Top Bottom