Vapes and Airplanes - Traveling With Vapes

recursive

Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has had experience taking a vape domestic or international? And what about accessories such as a torch?

How did it go? Any issues or vapes being confiscated?

GoldenBud

I'd empty the torch with a flat screwdriver before getting to an international airport...but I'm not sure if it's a problem if it's in your small backpack and not in the bigger one that goes inside...
about vapes.. just clean them with alcohol.. it's basically just "heaters+chambers" ;)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think there are other threads for this, basically there is no issue, pay attention to where you are going and coming from of course (for example Los Angeles they do not care about you bringing herbs even) but yes as long as it is fully cleaned that is safest, so vapes that can be fully cleaned (like those that use glass stem for chamber and vapor path) are best in this situation imo just make sure you put batteries separate and have them in your carry-on, I mean I would have it all in carry-on, but when I brought my TM I had the TM in a case with glass stem and a WPA, and a glass hook wrapped separately, together in my larger carry-on overhead bag, but I kept the batteries separate (along with oil cartridges and their pen batteries) in my backpack... Domestic cross country flight

fangorn

I have to move from France to Canada in a few weeks... it's a question that bothers me.... I think I won't be 100% safe until I get all my things back after Canadian customs ...

I couldn't bring myself to put my vaporizers in the boat... so they have to come with me to the airport.
I haven't decided yet if they will accompany me on the plane or if they will go in the hold... I'm afraid of customs... but also of theft or loss of suitcases...

i cleaned Tp80, Fw7 and vaponic well...i won't use them for a month or two...and i will clean them again a few days before leaving...
I also bought anti-odor cases for each of my vapes.
I only use my toad and a little my anvil...
and if necessary, I will use my V3 pro to vape before boarding the plane... I will throw the original mouthpiece in the trash and put an iso wipe in the oven...
besides, I think that I will only use the V3 pro and the anvil a few days before my departure... it will allow the toad to be cleaned well... (I am sad in advance at this thought)... and the anvil is very easy to clean...

for my batteries, with my company, I have the right to 2 batteries per person... I bought special "anti-fire" pouches for transporting the batteries.. it is not compulsory, but I said it would work in my favor... just in case...
batteries cannot travel in the hold.

it seems to me that torch lighters are not tolerated in hand luggage. I'll empty it and slip it into a suitcase that travels in the hold.

very stressful!!

recursive

I have to move from France to Canada in a few weeks... it's a question that bothers me.... I think I won't be 100% safe until I get all my things back after Canadian customs ...

I couldn't bring myself to put my vaporizers in the boat... so they have to come with me to the airport.
I haven't decided yet if they will accompany me on the plane or if they will go in the hold... I'm afraid of customs... but also of theft or loss of suitcases...

i cleaned Tp80, Fw7 and vaponic well...i won't use them for a month or two...and i will clean them again a few days before leaving...
I also bought anti-odor cases for each of my vapes.
I only use my toad and a little my anvil...
and if necessary, I will use my V3 pro to vape before boarding the plane... I will throw the original mouthpiece in the trash and put an iso wipe in the oven...
besides, I think that I will only use the V3 pro and the anvil a few days before my departure... it will allow the toad to be cleaned well... (I am sad in advance at this thought)... and the anvil is very easy to clean...

for my batteries, with my company, I have the right to 2 batteries per person... I bought special "anti-fire" pouches for transporting the batteries.. it is not compulsory, but I said it would work in my favor... just in case...
batteries cannot travel in the hold.

it seems to me that torch lighters are not tolerated in hand luggage. I'll empty it and slip it into a suitcase that travels in the hold.

very stressful!!
Hahaha I definitely see why you’d stress over losing those beauty vapes! I think you’re going about it in the safest way possible for sure. My main worry would be just the batteries and or lighter. My flight is only domestic (in the US) so I’m not too worried. I might not even take them. I just thought it would be interesting to hear some other peoples experiences :D

recursive,
Reactions: fangorn

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
@fangorn

I have flown to the U.S. from the U.K. followed by several flights around the U.S. and I have also flown to Spain & Holland several times - with multiple vapes, glass (stems & bubbler), SCS grinder, several batteries & an empty torch lighter - all in carry-on & never with a problem. Only one time (on my way to Amsterdam I think in 2017) did they upack my Zion & ask what it was ("a vaporizer - like an e-cig") then unwrap my glass from it's bubble wrap - but no question there. They wrapped it all back up & I carried on with my journey.

I really don't think you should be afraid of customs - & it's probably not a good look so best to relax.

The first time I traveled with my gear I mostly stressed about all my batteries & my torch ighter but I soon found out as long as you pack well, act sensible & don't pack a suitcase full of batteries or any butane, you will probably be AllGood. The restrictions are there in b+w but it seems they are seldom enforced - at least with the companies I have flown with. And as far as cleaning your vapes goes - in my experience as long as they aren't dripping with oil you should be fine. Clean them as best you can but no need to go over the top. It is very unlikely you'd be treated like a smuggler over a few specks of herb in a couple of different vapes or a slightly dirty glass stem - they have much bigger issues to deal with & cannabis is tolerated in so many places these days it seems it's not of much interest unless you are moving weight.

So I say, of course, do what you need to do to put your mind at ease, but I urge you not to stress or go too ott as it will likely all be much more of a breeze than you are envisioning.

Regardless of the above, France to Canada sounds like a major, very exciting, move.
Wishing you the best of luck & I hope you enjoy your new home.

:peace:

fangorn

@VegNVape

Thanks for sharing your reassuring experience!
great trip ... a journey that makes you want !!!

It's good to know that it was easier than I imagined!
anyway, I think it always depends on the employees you can meet, I imagine... one employee out of 20 must want to be zealous...

but in the end, in this great adventure... apart from my administrative documents - which are already on a boat that I don't control - my vaporizers are the most important equipment I have in my eyes... this last idea could be a little pathetic but I assume!
In my defense though, I have some vaporizers that are really hard to get...not sure I can reform this collection! Impossible for example to catch a Vaponic more today...

it is therefore a question of reassuring myself... and I have already anticipated everything... it certainly crystalizes other things!
I will feel more relaxed when I pass the immigration office! and recovered the contents of the container!

In short, to return to the subject, it is my country of departure that annoys me anyway... they can be painful in France!!!

Finally .... thank you for the exchange !!

fangorn

the squadron of vaporizers landed in Canada without difficulty!!

I followed my cleaning and packing schedule to the letter...
then I emptied 3 capsules of V3 pro on the way to the airport, before throwing away the mouthpiece and putting an iso wipe in the oven!

in the French customs queue, an employee asked us to take out the devices with screens.. I asked for the electronic cigarettes and they told me that it was not necessary to take them out of the bag .

At the search, I took care of the children and took the random test for explosives.

When I started collecting our many bags, I realized that my backpack was missing..
I looked up and saw the employee behind the screen scratching his chin and calling a colleague for an opinion. he grabbed my bag to put it on the carpet intended for the more precise search. I had time to tell them that it was my collection of electronic cigarettes... and the bag came back on the right carpet, the one to its owner!!

that would probably have gone well, but within 10 seconds, I was good for a more boring dig...

nothing to report on arrival in Canada... except the endless wait at immigration!
after this long trip, I dropped everyone at the apartment and I went to buy something to eat... as well as to the Sqdc to buy something to vape... before leaving for dreamland, I was rewarded with an indica session and a sativa session with my toad!

Only there I was able to relax...

Top Bottom