• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapers vs Smokers 🤣

Shadewarrior

"why people don't like vapes" is one of my favorite topics as I find it fascinating.

Anyways I used to believe that too, this idea that people don't like vapes as they simply haven't used a good one yet. Well I've been lucky to own some of the best and Im still surprised by how relatively unconvincing they've been for others. I remember when I bought a Flowerpot in 2017, I thought that was going to be the nail in the coffin that no smoker could deny. Big fat bong hits crushed in one solid draw. But it still didn't really convince anybody to switch. Used to think it was the heatup time that turned people off, but as more on demand stuff came out and I acquired and demoed those, I realized that wasn't it either.

Eventually I started feeling like claims of vaporizer efficiency may have been inaccurate, or oversold throughout the years. This idea that vaporizing preserves all these goodies, thus making it theoretically more potent made lots of sense on paper - but it doesn't match all the anecdotes of people not getting high. A common sentiment is that vaping is stronger than smoking, but another common sentiment is that you should also take a t break first so the vapor "works better." I always thought this was a rough claim, that vaping is so strong you need to take a tolerance break first to feel it.

For many years I looked at smokers as "wrong" but at this point I think if they actually got really stoned off a vape they'd probably be convinced.

Basically realized that despite the many claims of vaporizing, many people do experience the opposite. Like the Temperature is a thousand degrees less, but people find it hotter than smoking. Or it should be a smooth mist, but they find it harsher and more aggregating. Or it's supposed to taste incredible but they just taste popcorn. Or It's supposed to get them higher but they aren't. Or it's supposed to be more efficient but the weed goes even quicker.

All the purported benefits of vaping are great - provided you actually get them. But obviously not everyone is. There's a lot of room to be made in this department.

Used to think smokers were just being stubborn, but seeing what even people who claim to like vaping go through just to find a device they enjoy, it really doesn't surprise me anymore to hear people's unsatisfied stances on vaping. That said, vaporizing is more popular than ever - it's so interesting to me that the vapes that convinced the masses to switch are the same devices most people on here hate.
I agree I've been using vaporizer as my main way to consume for about a year now but I still smoke quite abit. The biggest reasons for me is I find is that the effects are different. I find smoking to be much stonier and give me a stronger body high which I frequently need for my pain. I also really enjoy the flavor of joints. I see people talk about all the time not being able to go back to combustion because of the flavor but I find with good bud joints can taste really good and present a different flavor profile than vaping too however I can also understand why some people feel otherwise. I do find the people that just straight up dismiss vapes are a little silly though.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Smokers can be some picky-ass people. I introduce people to the volcano before some found it quite impressive until the price gets a mention. Then here comes the ridicule that starts, "That is way too expensive to get high from it. "Did you really spend that much? "I will never spend that much on something just to do weed." Every fucking time after they vape a couple of bags. They do not criticize while ingesting flavorful vapor just after the fact. One of my favorite lines my buddy told me once, "vaping is a pu**y way of smoking." You're just an uneducated baboon who can not see the value of vaporizing yet. I am still hopeful more people will convert to vaporizers. Smokers are the ones that are missing out.
I smoked ciggs for 37 years along with cannabises.
Quit ciggs but was still smoking flower but only catching a buzz the first bowl of the morning and the rest was just to keep the negative effect of the pills at bay.
😞
One day in a basement in Buttes anus a friend handed me a fresh bag.
I had never vaped or even heard of it that I recall.
Loaded flower I was dropping off so it was not that but halfway through that bag I hadda sit down.
I grabbed a classic a hour later and haven't combusted on purpose since.
👌
Been a few years and a few vapes since and I have converted a couple people who were themselves older,heavy smokers.
Younger crowd who I expected to be with the new tech........not so much.

HealthyRippingBrian

I had no idea this was gonna blossom into such a healthy convo haha.

I find myself in the ritual of rolling every now and then and never even thought about the obsession you create trying for the perfect roll haha.

Sheesh one guy smoked longer than I've been alive!

It's weird that the younger crowd isn't jumping on dry herb vaping as much as I'd expect as well.

@LesPlenty freaking magazine loaded!

I see those words firepot and firewood and there was this other custom made one, ah i need a nice custom wood accented item!

Starting my collection, you know when I first started looking at the forums people like you guys and specifically @Jill NYC had all these vapes I'm like why? Why would you need more than one?

Ah little did I know the rabbit hole I was tumbling down.

🐰🕳️😂

Razhumikin

You would think younger people would be into it, but my guess is that both they care less about the health benefits because theyre young and healthy and it hasnt caught up with them yet, and they dont have the cash to support a healthy case of VAS lol.

Last edited:

vapirtoo

Great convo folks everyone gets a thumbs up!
I'm the scientist, tinkerer in my vast group and
lately ( after a family wedding in Jamaica,
we visited a weed farm )
"the man", when it comes to weed.
Young and old have gotten wasted on the Supreme V3,
Errlectric with herb bowl and Daisey.
After one long vape session, a young lady felt that rolling
a joint is much simpler and portable.
Everyone says that the high is almost overwhelming;
the highest they have ever been..... but it is not their
hobby; It is mine, and they all love it, they bring herb to
vape when they are over, but those cheap disposable
vape pens of dubious materials are just so convenient.
So yeah folks this is our Rabbit's hole hobby, enjoy!

DrJynx86

I'm on the third original SOLO, I broke the first one by connecting it to a big 12v battery to get longer sessions, and still have the heater and managed to create an Arduino program coupled with a 128x64 OLED screen to get a nice replacement.

Sold the second one, and the third one works as a charm.

Also have an ArGo with 5 batteries and lots of extra stems.

My brother cannot stand the vapes and he still swears he doesn't get high enough and will still smoke joints until his death.

For me, people don't like vapes because

a) having AVB for them mean you didn't "consume" all the cannabis, even when you can prove there is almost no THC on that by smoking the AVB and getting close to zero effects.

b) the high on a vape is different, cleaner, because you're not inhaling smoke, ashes and other combustion subproducts.

c) it's slower than just getting a hit.

To be fair, my brother also dislike any kind of pipes, bongs or parafernalia, just joints.

When I started, I didn't know a thing about vapes, and I started to use the glass tube from droppers as a way to smoke because I didn't had any rolling papers left. The first times I did light the hole and smoked the weed, but quickly I learn to just heat the glass and inhale the vapors, got so surprised about the taste and not inhaling smoke, while still getting really high, and saving a lot of weed that I started researching and back then (2013) the SOLO was one of the most recommended vapes, I didn't like the PAX (another recommended one) because seemed like a pain to clean.

I still smoke once in a while, but cannot stand the taste, it's like licking an ashtray for me, and vaping you actually get a huge efficiency and even when AVB has very little contents of THC, it still has, so doing butter or hot chocolate with that gets you really high.

cheezyvapor

my roommates still smoke and I can definitely smell it creep through my room.

the burn smell is one of the biggest reasons i prefer vaping so my entire room and every object in it doesnt smell like ass.

honestly i do enjoy a little burn here and there but only outside.

notams

toke down Babylon
Here's my $0.02 - I don't get out much and don't know or care what "the kids are doing these days". Most of my cannabis consumption is at home. I do zero with friends or family. 100% on my own. All vaping.

This past weekend I went to a concert at Red Rocks (in Colorado). The show was very cannabis friendly (acoustic reggae). And in a legal state. So, this was a rare opportunity for me to see public cannabis of consumption by anyone. And boy did I see public cannabis consumption! I'd estimate 75% of the audience was actively smoking. At one point the singer said it smelled like one giant bong - and this is outside with a breeze. Almost no vaping... until you get to the cripple section....

I use 2 arm crutches (the kind that go up to a cuff on the forearm) and 'walk' all wonky. So, I'm in the handicap section (bonus: free upgrade from general admission to 3rd row). In that section there was the exact opposite of the general admission - we were all vaping.

I did a ton of 'walking' around. It was an all day festival type show and we tailgated before and after. So, I saw a lot of folks and it was rare to see vaping outside of the handicap section.

I use Dynavap as my daily driver (for years). From experience, I know Dynavaps suck at Red Rocks. I use a torch and between the sun and wind and then darkness and, umm it's a loud concert, it's almost impossible to use one there. So, I bought a cheapo disposable vape pen. I've never smoked one day in my life, I'm vaping and this dude actively smoking comes up to me and asks if I've ever heard of Dynavap because, "those vape pens are garbage and they'll kill you." So, I ask him, "Then why are you smoking?" The reply, "nah, vaping is for at home, not when you're out partying."

So, there's those two things I observed personally: 1- odd disparity between the hard core medical users the average users and 2- even folks that use, love, and even proselytize about vaping are still smoking!

So, there's my $0.02... $0.25 of words, $0.01 of information.

HealthyRippingBrian

There does seem to be this "vaping is for at home" feeling I get from people.

I showed a 22 year old guy my vape and he's like "oh wow yeah that's definitely something I'd use at home"

interesting.

There's a few good setups for on the go but I guess it's not perfected.

@notams you mentioned the dynavap I've heard a lot of but specifically thought on the go would be an issue.

But then again I could see just lugging around the induction heater and being "that guy" haha

I think, you all, before I even got into dry herb vaping were trailblazing the way, so doing the vaping lords good work 😂

Some people have gotten confused and thought my rogue was a regular like chemical nicotine vaporizer.

Oh and someone mentioned the "vs" haha yeah it doesn't have to be VS! HADOUKEN! we all come from the same leafy family tree 🤣😉

I never really saw the correlation between smoking cigs and preferring to roll joints/blunts because I don't smoke tobacco, but yeah I could see that 100%

I wish marijuana was seen more positively to the point where they had a cool dynavap commercial where everyone's having fun and the ready "clicks" seems like that would be appealing too lol

Cause I see cigarette ads and commercial and beer commercials and everyone smiling at the beach, why not a dynavap "clicky" commercial?

That's probably all for my own personal conquest of wanting to run into people with an induction heater already going so I don't have to carry one 😈

pop22

Hello everyone!

I don't understand the outrage people get when I suggest dry herb vaping.

I get told to "take my diet bong elsewhere" when I mention you can still bong rip with wpa's.

It's just crazy people get offended, I don't really preach it or anything I just asked a few people while I was vaping the other evening "hey have you tried dry herb vaping? " and it was immediately like "oh that crap doesn't get you high" "it's not as satisfying"

People are allowed to do whatever I don't care, but kinda amazes about the willingness to just inhale all kinda carcinogens when there's a great alternative.

I find it weird, but it's also the first time I've been on some opposing side of an issue like this and thought I'd just make a thread lol.

Hope everyone's enjoying their day!

(sips on diet bong) 🤣
What's truly hilarious is that these same diehard "traditionalists" are also the people you need o hit with a wiffleball bat to get their attention away from their damned "smart" phone.........

vapirtoo

Notams,
You can do that wonky walk with me anywhere as long as we can stop, vape and check out
the view!
Great observations at Red Rocks along with some hardcore trekking!
Vaping is still such a niche market. No wonder why so many products go
under.
Great to see that at least one segment of the hipsters is vaping.

notams

toke down Babylon
Maybe @vapirtoo is onto something... A smoker may be hesitant to vape in front of their smoker freinds for fear of looking like the dreaded hipster.

Imagine this scene as a metaphor...

All your friends are enjoying a cup of coffee / mug of beer / glass of whiskey, etc. and visiting the same way they have for years and you whip out a matcha tea set and whisk up a cup. Everyone looks at you and says, "WTF man, this beverage you've enjoyed with us for years not good enough for you any more?"

Then you proceed to mansplain the health benefits, better taste, yada-yada-yada, of your goofy ass tea and you're so happy not to be "still drinking coffee like my grandmother" Yeah, you're a hipster douche bag and your friends will always think matcha tea is for hipster douche bags.

My friend did that ^^^ years ago. I'm a tea fanatic and love all types of tea. I've only tried matcha once - to make him happy and shut him up. I found reasons to not like it based on his enthusiasm and hipsterism. I wanted nothing to do with matcha because of him. My aversion (to this day) has nothing to do with the tea and no matter how many articles you present extolling the virtues of matcha - it ain't my cuppa tea.

So, the whole chasm between smokers and vapers may be as simple as a prejudice planted in a smoker's mind (perhaps subliminally) that vaping is like your buddy that just needs you to try his gross gluten free bread. Shut up Kyle, you're not even gluten intolerant! And what the hell is wrong with MY bread?

Yeah, I may have stretched that metaphor too far. But, it worked in my head.

pop22

Maybe @vapirtoo is onto something... A smoker may be hesitant to vape in front of their smoker freinds for fear of looking like the dreaded hipster.

All your friends are enjoying a cup of coffee / mug of beer / glass of whiskey, etc. and visiting the same way they have for years and you whip out a matcha tea set and whisk up a cup. Everyone looks at you and says, "WTF man, this beverage you've enjoyed with us for years not good enough for you any more?"

Then you proceed to mansplain the health benefits, better taste, yada-yada-yada, of your goofy ass tea and you're so happy not to be "still drinking coffee like my grandmother" Yeah, you're a hipster douche bag and your friends will always think matcha tea is for hipster douche bags.

My friend did that ^^^ years ago. I'm a tea fanatic and love all types of tea. I've only tried matcha once - to make him happy and shut him up. I found reasons to not like it based on his enthusiasm and hipsterism. I wanted nothing to do with matcha because of him. My aversion (to this day) has nothing to do with the tea and no matter how many articles you present extolling the virtues of matcha - it ain't my cuppa tea.

So, the whole chasm between smokers and vapers may be as simple as a prejudice planted in a smoker's mind (perhaps subliminally) that vaping is like your buddy that just needs you to try his gross gluten free bread. Shut up Kyle, you're not even gluten intolerant! And what the hell is wrong with MY bread?

I find it sad but true, that people think like this, to deny yourself the opportunity to try something you might truly enjoy because someone might think your not "cool" Myself, I'm a I'll try almost anything once and twice if I like it kinda guy lol! I still smoke sometimes, not often. The thing that sold me was the taste! I've listened to the BS about taste in smoke for 50 years. Well, smoke tastes like smoke, but vapor has real flavor!

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Agreed. If a friend brought a new gadget to do a thing differently, then I know I'd want to give it a shot. Especially if they raved about benefits like taste and efficiency above a thing I already do and spend money on.

I just don't get the other attitude.

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.

You nailed it if you ask me, but maybe that is because I am a gluten free hipster myself :rofl:

Top Bottom