• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vape that will give HUGE hits and can extract small amounts?

BKR2311

Hello. I'm happy with my current setup, but I've been looking around for something else to have fun with. Usually buy 1 vape a year and it's coming up on a year. Currently have a few vapcaps, had a fury, e nano, Tiny Might, and the most recent is an Underdog Alpha log. I run the Alpha log through water, and man that thing can give some pretty big hits even with a small amount. Only problem I'm finding is that I have to make the bowls last 6-7 hits, because if I raise the temp it'll combust.

Is there anything that outdoes the Alpha in that regard? I don't go through a ton of herb (blessed with permanent low tolerance), so it has to be possible to load smaller amounts too. Was thinking between a Weed eater or maybe a brick. Open to any suggestions (even suggesting not to get one if y'all truly think the Alpha is up to par. I wouldn't know since I've never tried them)

What’s your definition of a small load?

I get big clouds loading one hitters in my Woodscents. I would think the E-Nano and Alpha could do the same.

I also crush relatively small loads in my VapBong, and it works fantastic. I typically load around .1g but it works well down to .05g.

I can also crush a small load in 2-3 hits with the Tafee Bowle.

BKR2311

What’s your definition of a small load?

I get big clouds loading one hitters in my Woodscents. I would think the E-Nano and Alpha could do the same.

I also crush relatively small loads in my VapBong, and it works fantastic. I typically load around .1g but it works well down to .05g.

I can also crush a small load in 2-3 hits with the Tafee Bowle.
Typically I only use about 2 vapcap sized bowls per night. I think those are what, like .1? So around the same as you. The alpha works great for it, I was just curious about how other vapes handle them.

How do you like the Vapbong compared to your woodscents?

BKR2311,
Reactions: arb
Typically I only use about 2 vapcap sized bowls per night. I think those are what, like .1? So around the same as you. The alpha works great for it, I was just curious about how other vapes handle them.

How do you like the Vapbong compared to your woodscents?

They’re very different, but I have to say the VapBong is the best vape I’ve ever used. I prefer the Woodscents for true microdosing (.03-.04g is what I usually use in the WS), but the VapBong hits way harder and has so much airflow, compared to the very tight draw of the WS. They complement each other well.

BKR2311

Put less in the Alpha stem?
😜
The wife vapes with me now, so I need enough to blast off both of us at the same time 🤣

What volts you running your alpha at? I've been around 9.1ish. Liked the massive hits that 9.5-10 gave, but it would combust pretty often

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
That's insaneeeeeee. Currently have the 18mm bowl into an adaptor, into a 14mm downstem on a shitty 8 inch bong. Where'd you get a 14mm bowl like in the vid? Or is that the 14mm stem from UD site?

Also - What volts is that?

It’s just a 14mm female to 14mm male adapter, but it seems to work well with smaller amounts. I need to try out some of their 14mm stuff, but I had a few of these laying around. I’m usually at ~10.5-10.8 ish or so on mine with one hit and maybe a cleanup.

BKR2311

It’s just a 14mm female to 14mm male adapter, but it seems to work well with smaller amounts. I need to try out some of their 14mm stuff, but I had a few of these laying around. I’m usually at ~10.5-10.8 ish or so on mine with one hit and maybe a cleanup.
Gotcha... so I'm gonna grab the 14mm bowl and go with that. Get rid of the adaptor, and potentially the downstem by getting a different glass piece since mine is cheap anyways. I can probably guarantee that there is good air leakage from the 18mm bowl to 18mm-14mm adaptor to 14mm downstem.

What size glass piece do you usually prefer with the alpha? I was thinking of going like 12-14". I've never used one of the curved mouthpieces like the one you had in the video either. Are those better functionality wise?

BKR2311,

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I've never used one of the curved mouthpieces like the one you had in the video either. Are those better functionality wise?
Its just personal preference on the curved mouthpieces. I personally find them a little more comfortable than a straight tube, and better for watching a piece fill with vapor if you enjoy that.

gordontreeman,

Texus

They’re very different, but I have to say the VapBong is the best vape I’ve ever used. I prefer the Woodscents for true microdosing (.03-.04g is what I usually use in the WS), but the VapBong hits way harder and has so much airflow, compared to the very tight draw of the WS. They complement each other well.
Yeah. The airflow is unreal. Went back to my VapBong because I forgot to heat up the OAB. And wow the airflow is amazing and yet the hits are huge. If you've got big lung capacity the VapBong is nuts. If more of a sipper, OAB is more manageable but still a other out of this world draw.

Also visualize the logistics from a UX point of view in terms of what form factor works best for you.

And returning to OP, you can use such a huge range of loads. From maybe 2g+ down to the small amounts mentioned above.

So yes, fanboy.

Bowle is also a good suggestion. Great flavor. Outstanding cooling. I'll load a small bucket and step it up: just do one good hit at between 2-4 temp points.

And honestly the cup integration is a great experience around the house.

But of all the vapes I have, the VapBong/OAB is the only one that I would replace immediately. Excluding Dynavaps only because I've got quite the collection there.

Last edited:

Vasgas

I'd actually recommend something different. Seems to me like you're very happy with Alpha but would like to be able to finish a bowl sooner.

Don't seem like it needs to be an expensive solution imho. The Refc Highlighter would be an excellent choice. Its basically a logvape halogen heater with balls. If you want looks to go with it, IDB Halo is very very sexy imo and should be the same heater type as Highlighter. If halogen is not your thing, IDB Atlas is like the Halo but with SS ceramic cartridge heater. Pretty much the same heater most log vapes uses anyways, but with balls added for that added boost you're looking for.

Texus

I'd actually recommend something different. Seems to me like you're very happy with Alpha but would like to be able to finish a bowl sooner.

Don't seem like it needs to be an expensive solution imho. The Refc Highlighter would be an excellent choice. Its basically a logvape halogen heater with balls. If you want looks to go with it, IDB Halo is very very sexy imo and should be the same heater type as Highlighter. If halogen is not your thing, IDB Atlas is like the Halo but with SS ceramic cartridge heater. Pretty much the same heater most log vapes uses anyways, but with balls added for that added boost you're looking for.
Not sure if it applies to Highlighter but I find that type of vape like the one you currently have has a very different airflow from effortless Collyland end of spectrum. More pulling milkshake thru drinking straw effect.

Not that one is better than other. But give airflow preferences some thought

Vasgas

Not sure if it applies to Highlighter but I find that type of vape like the one you currently have has a very different airflow from effortless Collyland end of spectrum. More pulling milkshake thru drinking straw effect.

Not that one is better than other. But give airflow preferences some thought
ohh I actually don't have any of them. I do have a couple of traditional logs including halogens and ceramic cartridges. I'm trying to score the HLT when it drops again. Will want to snag an Atlas too when more reviews comes in and if i get lucky. This, together with the OP's satisfaction with Alpha is why i suggested them.

Vasgas,

BKR2311

Definitely correct, lol. Love everything about my Alpha. The maker, the quality, the convenience, the efficiency, etc. I'm just missing that last oomph. I'm hoping a better water piece and 14mm bowl instead of reducers will help
Yeah. The airflow is unreal. Went back to my VapBong because I forgot to heat up the OAB. And wow the airflow is amazing and yet the hits are huge. If you've got big lung capacity the VapBong is nuts. If more of a sipper, OAB is more manageable but still a other out of this world draw.

Also visualize the logistics from a UX point of view in terms of what form factor works best for you.

And returning to OP, you can use such a huge range of loads. From maybe 2g+ down to the small amounts mentioned above.

So yes, fanboy.

Bowle is also a good suggestion. Great flavor. Outstanding cooling. I'll load a small bucket and step it up: just do one good hit at between 2-4 temp points.

And honestly the cup integration is a great experience around the house.

But of all the vapes I have, the VapBong/OAB is the only one that I would replace immediately. Excluding Dynavaps only because I've got quite the collection there.
Thank you for your input. Honestly, I probably would have got the Vapbong already but it's always sold out anywhere I look. Is there some secret to getting them? I'm way too busy to get the "drops" that some vapes have. I only got lucky with the Alpha because Dave personally told me when a lost dog was coming in stock.

JBone65

Hopper Labs got a bad reputation for service quality and for the reliability of the original grasshopper, but the newer model (the io) has been excellent from my perspective. Have been using grasshoppers for 5 years, upgraded to the io just over a year ago. This amazing portable device has a convection heater with a tremendous temperature range. The load is the perfect size so that you can get excellent sweet terpenoid hits at 220° all the way to several broiling 430°f finishing hits. Mine has never combusted. I'm consistently getting 10 heavy hits per 0.19 g chamber load, which means an ounce of premium sativa will last >3 months even though I'm indulging in 16-17 strong hits per day. I used to use an ounce per month. My io pays for itself in savings over and over again.

Here's the most important difference. It's extremely enjoyable, and efficient, and reliable, and easy to use, and IT FITS IN YOUR POCKET, so that it's all you need. It works everywhere, anytime, so it will displace a desk top vaporizer the same way a modern cell phone displaced the land line. I can get an excellent hit while relaxing at my work bench, watching TV, while driving, while riding 80 mph or anywhere else.

Some folks love to buy glass carburetors, spare batteries and other accessories, and they successfully use it for group sessions. It works this way as well, however, like a cell phone, it's mainly designed for personal use. It's always at your fingertips, always ready to hit - hard.

I paid $200 for my first one in 2016. Suffered thru some HL growing pains, had several failures that HL handled, then upgraded to the more powerful io for only $85 almost 13 months ago. It's performed perfectly except for one failure that resulted in 3 weeks downtime. I can vouch for the lifetime warranty.

One last comment. IMO technique doesn't matter when combusting weed. All methods are similar. However, vaporizing technique makes a huge difference in terms of enjoyment, efficiency, discreetness, etc. I'm not getting any sort of compensation to say this, just wanna help others in their quest for THC nirvana.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210902-124156.png
    Screenshot_20210902-124156.png
    693.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
JBone65,
Reactions: Tweakz

Tweakz

I join the words of @JBone65 ,

+1 for hopper io. Yes, he has a pretty shitty reputation, so it's still difficult for me to openly recommend him everywhere, but the IO version has a more reliable line and as far as I can see, the situation with CS level has begun to improve a little. I really hope so. After all, it's a fucking cool device when it works. Incredibly even roasty abv every time. Huge clouds and really good taste. Instant heating , convenience and ease of use. All this gives Hopper IO more pros than cons.:2c::peace:

Last edited:

Texus

Definitely correct, lol. Love everything about my Alpha. The maker, the quality, the convenience, the efficiency, etc. I'm just missing that last oomph. I'm hoping a better water piece and 14mm bowl instead of reducers will help

Thank you for your input. Honestly, I probably would have got the Vapbong already but it's always sold out anywhere I look. Is there some secret to getting them? I'm way too busy to get the "drops" that some vapes have. I only got lucky with the Alpha because Dave personally told me when a lost dog was coming in stock.
Apparently @VGOODIEZ is getting in a big batch while the company relocates. So maybe reach out to them or get on their mailing list.

Aero

Raw Addict
Hello. I'm happy with my current setup, but I've been looking around for something else to have fun with. Usually buy 1 vape a year and it's coming up on a year. Currently have a few vapcaps, had a fury, e nano, Tiny Might, and the most recent is an Underdog Alpha log. I run the Alpha log through water, and man that thing can give some pretty big hits even with a small amount. Only problem I'm finding is that I have to make the bowls last 6-7 hits, because if I raise the temp it'll combust.

Is there anything that outdoes the Alpha in that regard? I don't go through a ton of herb (blessed with permanent low tolerance), so it has to be possible to load smaller amounts too. Was thinking between a Weed eater or maybe a brick. Open to any suggestions (even suggesting not to get one if y'all truly think the Alpha is up to par. I wouldn't know since I've never tried them)
I think a combination between the elev8r + Rubi beads & Lotus bowl will fit for you, small amounts with good hard hits, and it extracts very consistent in each bowl, you can try vape with a dry bong or maybe j hook with that, it will be amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom