Vape Recommendations for 5-Minute Breaks

Glastix

Hello.

After a few decades of combusting I've recently switched to vaping and can already tell it was the right decision for my health. My first purchase after some research was a Dynavap M 2020 as it seemed like a good transition from my old dugout and bat. I like the efficiency in material use and speed of bowl extraction. Using a torch isn't a big deal most of the time but I am on a waiting list for the PSM.

After reading a thread on this site, I bought a Vleaf Go as an electronic alternative to the Dynavap. For the cost it's nice for certain scenarios but is lacking for others.

I typically step outside for ~5 minute breaks and have found the Dynavap suitable for most occasions. I'm looking for recommendations for a vape to use during those special times when I'd like to pack a little more punch into those short breaks and can't waste time packing multiple bowls.

It would be nice to spend less than $150 since I'll likely use this infrequently but if this community says don't waste your money and get something more expensive I'll take that into consideration. Although I've read great things about the Tinymight, P80, and other high-end vapes it's difficult for me to justify those prices when I'm satisfied with the Dynavap most of the time.

I've reviewed the Sticky Brick Runt, POTV One, and Fury Edge among others as potentials but I'm not sure if the latter two can meet my needs (bigger hit/extraction than Dynavap in ~5 min). The Stempods and other style vapes seem like solid options but having never used e-cigs I'm not very familiar with the world of coils and battery mods.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I tried the search feature on this site and had trouble although I did enjoy reading through many of the threads.

Stay safe, everyone!

Easywider

Simple is the way
Sticky brick would be a nice option for a quick heavy extraction. Although not as stealth as the others.

I have the Edge, it's a great vape, but I could certainly run more material through a daynavap in a 5min period then a could the Edge.

Ambit is a nice cheap option that extracts quickly. I had 2, the first one broke after 6 bowls, and the second shit the bed during a burn-off. Vleaf stated my warranty was void because I did said burn-off. Apparently running the chamber empty even just for 10seconds voids warranty. If customer service is important I would proceed that route with caution.

You could probably pick up a splinter on sale right now, 510 mods are less daunting then they seem and there is loads of help at your disposal here.

Also consider the mistvape imp. Very underrated.

Glastix

Second to my P80, the Ambit is awesome for a 2 min punch to the face!

Check it out...
Thanks. The Ambit looks like a good option and the price is nice. Is the basic device purchase fine or would you suggest any accessories/parts if I buy one?

Sticky brick would be a nice option for a quick heavy extraction. Although not as stealth as the others.

I have the Edge, it's a great vape, but I could certainly run more material through a daynavap in a 5min period then a could the Edge.

Ambit is a nice cheap option that extracts quickly. I had 2, the first one broke after 6 bowls, and the second shit the bed during a burn-off. Vleaf stated my warranty was void because I did said burn-off. Apparently running the chamber empty even just for 10seconds voids warranty. If customer service is important I would proceed that route with caution.

You could probably pick up a splinter on sale right now, 510 mods are less daunting then they seem and there is loads of help at your disposal here.

Also consider the mistvape imp. Very underrated.
Thanks. I definitely want to try a Sticky Brick or similar type at some point. Once you get the technique down they look like a blast.

Which model of splinter should I look out for in case I go the 510 mod route? I'll check out that imp, too.

Glastix,

Easywider

Simple is the way
Which model of splinter should I look out for in case I go the 510 mod route? I'll check out that imp, too.

You really can't go wrong with any of them. I do prefer the Splinter to the larger Splinter Z for portable use. It's a bit smaller, heats up a bit quicker and is friendlier on single battery mods.

Mr_SpaceCadet

Hello.

After a few decades of combusting I've recently switched to vaping and can already tell it was the right decision for my health. My first purchase after some research was a Dynavap M 2020 as it seemed like a good transition from my old dugout and bat. I like the efficiency in material use and speed of bowl extraction. Using a torch isn't a big deal most of the time but I am on a waiting list for the PSM.

After reading a thread on this site, I bought a Vleaf Go as an electronic alternative to the Dynavap. For the cost it's nice for certain scenarios but is lacking for others.

I typically step outside for ~5 minute breaks and have found the Dynavap suitable for most occasions. I'm looking for recommendations for a vape to use during those special times when I'd like to pack a little more punch into those short breaks and can't waste time packing multiple bowls.

It would be nice to spend less than $150 since I'll likely use this infrequently but if this community says don't waste your money and get something more expensive I'll take that into consideration. Although I've read great things about the Tinymight, P80, and other high-end vapes it's difficult for me to justify those prices when I'm satisfied with the Dynavap most of the time.

I've reviewed the Sticky Brick Runt, POTV One, and Fury Edge among others as potentials but I'm not sure if the latter two can meet my needs (bigger hit/extraction than Dynavap in ~5 min). The Stempods and other style vapes seem like solid options but having never used e-cigs I'm not very familiar with the world of coils and battery mods.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I tried the search feature on this site and had trouble although I did enjoy reading through many of the threads.

Stay safe, everyone!

Sorry, I've got no input, but I've wondered about the VLeaf Go for walks and quick trips. Could you elaborate on what it's nice for and lacking in others?

Glastix

Sorry, I've got no input, but I've wondered about the VLeaf Go for walks and quick trips. Could you elaborate on what it's nice for and lacking in others?
I think you might be satisfied with the Go for short walks. I read through the device thread on this site a few weeks ago before buying one.

The device works at or above its price point, is discreet, easy to operate, and includes extra useful parts. I saw concerns with the battery life, screen (DDave Mods has a fix), hot mouthpieces, and reloading the smaller chamber in the thread but haven't had any issues myself. I believe I read DDave recommend prefilled 00 veggie capsules for quick reloading.

I'm still acclimating to it but it's good for a quick microdose and I'm happy I bought it. I could probably use a few tips myself on better techniques.

Oh, keep an eye out for discounts as you should be able to find a 20% one somewhere. There may even be a few active codes in the device thread.

Vaporware

Personally I’d rather get one more expensive (and more solid, better quality and better performing) device than buy 2+ cheaper ones and then replace them when they break...

An induction heater is a great option, as are the TinyMight, Impcognito and some others.

The Splinters wouldn’t be at the top of my list for quick on-the-go options because of their length (stem on top of Splinter on top of mod) and GonG connection that lets the stem fall out if you aren’t careful, but if you can keep the glass safe and you don’t have to worry about stealth they’ll work too.

Sticky bricks also work very well from what I’ve seen, but I’m still a bit uneasy about the idea of breathing in the exhaust from a torch. If that doesn’t bother you they’re probably great options too.

Some of the cheaper ones should work too, I just don’t expect them to be as good long term or to have the vapor quality of the higher end options.

Glastix

Personally I’d rather get one more expensive (and more solid, better quality and better performing) device than buy 2+ cheaper ones and then replace them when they break...

An induction heater is a great option, as are the TinyMight, Impcognito and some others.

The Splinters wouldn’t be at the top of my list for quick on-the-go options because of their length (stem on top of Splinter on top of mod) and GonG connection that lets the stem fall out if you aren’t careful, but if you can keep the glass safe and you don’t have to worry about stealth they’ll work too.

Sticky bricks also work very well from what I’ve seen, but I’m still a bit uneasy about the idea of breathing in the exhaust from a torch. If that doesn’t bother you they’re probably great options too.

Some of the cheaper ones should work too, I just don’t expect them to be as good long term or to have the vapor quality of the higher end options.
Thanks for your response. I want to research the Impcognito...looks interesting.

Have you thought about concentrates? Usually 2 or 3 hits off concentrates gets me good. Concentrate vapes usually cost a lot less than herb vapes too.
I'm limited in what's available so I haven't had a chance to try them yet. Hopefully my state relaxes a little soon and I'll have more options. Thanks for the tip though.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Thanks. The Ambit looks like a good option and the price is nice. Is the basic device purchase fine or would you suggest any accessories/parts if I buy one?
you don't need anything... there is a water adapter, but I never use mine. It is super simple and easy to use, but hits HARD.

From reading above, looks like you should not do burn-offs if you go this route.

FlyingLow,

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I'm limited in what's available so I haven't had a chance to try them yet. Hopefully my state relaxes a little soon and I'll have more options. Thanks for the tip though.

I'd have to second the use of concentrates to get a good punch real quick for a reasonable price. If you ever find access, then I would recommend a Boundless terp pen for $25. Two quick dips and you're doing well. I took mine to the beach the other day and was taking quick blasts thoughout the day. If anyone noticed, it would look like I'm just hitting an e-cig.

Otherwise, I have no clear recommendation for a portable flower vape that would meet your criteria. I have some good portables, but none hit as hard as my vapcap.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Summer

jerri

My favorite vape for out and about was mv1 that just retired itself so now I have the Rift from Vivant 3 baskets at ounce one hit on turbo put any combination you want kief flower wax etc. I get about 4 to 6 draws its kinda messy to clean but for only using ounce in a while its no bother anyway hope this helps

jerri,

acolyte

I started with a vapcap, got a sticky brick runt, and it was a great decision. I still love my xl ti omnivap, but for heavy sessions, the sticky brick just gets it done so fast, so powerful, and with such good flavor, with no recharge... just like the dynavap with a bigger bowl and honestly faster sessions.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
How serious is that $150 budget limit? The ideal rapid extraction pocket portable is the Tinymight for $258 shipped. It's not as long a wait these days and the design and performance are a cut above many of the portables you've had suggested so far.

For example, I have many Splinters and Splinter Zs and adore them but they use an 18mm ground glass joint that is fragile and will require you to carry a stem separate from the vape when not in use. The Tetra P80 has that same shortcoming for quick walking out back sessions. It looks compact but like the Splinter if you turn it upside down the stem will just fall right out.

I haven't used a Grasshopper or an MV1 but both of those are on the Mount Rushmore of unreliability and I'm always shocked to see folks recommending them on FC in 2020.
The Firefly is another vape I haven't used but wouldn't fuck with now that the Tinymight is on the scene. It looks cute but I don't think it can hang and you're not gonna want to fuss and stir when you step out to vape.

My og Brick is my heaviest hitter and I'd recommend one to anybody for its great ritual, awesome flavor, and and rapid extraction. That said, two handed operation, using a torch outdoors, and the bulky size of even the Runt (which outperforms the junior by all accounts) is not ideal for stepping outside.

You might indeed get a low budget Tinymight experience from an Imp. I've held off getting one to this point because it doesn't improve on anything for my purposes and I'd rather not fuck with rebuildable coils. It's like a shrunk down Splinter without the glass joint fragility and folks do manage to carry them in more of a baggy jacket pocket use case.

I'm surprised nobody has done it yet so let me just gush about the Tinymight for a bit:

The Tinymight is like some love child with the size and portability of a Fury Edge and the on demand performance, speed, and flavor of a Splinter. Just turn the little knob on the bottom to anything from 3.5 to 9 and prepare to be impressed. If you scoot the cooling unit up you can fit more weed in the stem. The extraction is quite even unless you start right in at high temps so there's not much need for stirring. And unlike box mod vapes you can share without needing to coach somebody up on how to use it without combusting.

Edit: and yeah, fuck session vapes for your use case. I have an Edge and it's handy for easy lightweight use like sharing with noobs but you'll have to endure way more hits and accumulated throat irritation to extract a bowl you could finish in two or three Tinymight hits.

Last edited:

Glastix

How serious is that $150 budget limit? The ideal rapid extraction pocket portable is the Tinymight for $258 shipped. It's not as long a wait these days and the design and performance are a cut above many of the portables you've had suggested so far.

For example, I have many Splinters and Splinter Zs and adore them but they use an 18mm ground glass joint that is fragile and will require you to carry a stem separate from the vape when not in use. The Tetra P80 has that same shortcoming for quick walking out back sessions. It looks compact but like the Splinter if you turn it upside down the stem will just fall right out.

I haven't used a Grasshopper or an MV1 but both of those are on the Mount Rushmore of unreliability and I'm always shocked to see folks recommending them on FC in 2020.
The Firefly is another vape I haven't used but wouldn't fuck with now that the Tinymight is on the scene. It looks cute but I don't think it can hang and you're not gonna want to fuss and stir when you step out to vape.

My og Brick is my heaviest hitter and I'd recommend one to anybody for its great ritual, awesome flavor, and and rapid extraction. That said, two handed operation, using a torch outdoors, and the bulky size of even the Runt (which outperforms the junior by all accounts) is not ideal for stepping outside.

You might indeed get a low budget Tinymight experience from an Imp. I've held off getting one to this point because it doesn't improve on anything for my purposes and I'd rather not fuck with rebuildable coils. It's like a shrunk down Splinter without the glass joint fragility and folks do manage to carry them in more of a baggy jacket pocket use case.

I'm surprised nobody has done it yet so let me just gush about the Tinymight for a bit:

The Tinymight is like some love child with the size and portability of a Fury Edge and the on demand performance, speed, and flavor of a Splinter. Just turn the little knob on the bottom to anything from 3.5 to 9 and prepare to be impressed. If you scoot the cooling unit up you can fit more weed in the stem. The extraction is quite even unless you start right in at high temps so there's not much need for stirring. And unlike box mod vapes you can share without needing to coach somebody up on how to use it without combusting.

Edit: and yeah, fuck session vapes for your use case. I have an Edge and it's handy for easy lightweight use like sharing with noobs but you'll have to endure way more hits and accumulated throat irritation to extract a bowl you could finish in two or three Tinymight hits.
Thanks for the thorough and informative response. From what you noted and other threads I've browsed, Tinymight seems like the best option for my needs and I can see myself ordering one at some point.

If you don't move the cooling unit up how does the load size compare to a full Dynavap? I need to be careful conserving material and am slightly worried I'll run through it faster with a Tinymight since it's likely to turn my other vapes into dust collectors. I'm also a little hesitant to order from a small shop operation that may be stretched thin by demand/popularity but am unsure if this is a valid concern.

I may skip the portable IH and put that money towards a Tinymight. I bought an Ambit recently to try out since the price was nice after finding a discount code. That little thing works well and is nice to have for periodic use.

Thanks again for your input.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thanks for the thorough and informative response. From what you noted and other threads I've browsed, Tinymight seems like the best option for my needs and I can see myself ordering one at some point.

If you don't move the cooling unit up how does the load size compare to a full Dynavap? I need to be careful conserving material and am slightly worried I'll run through it faster with a Tinymight since it's likely to turn my other vapes into dust collectors. I'm also a little hesitant to order from a small shop operation that may be stretched thin by demand/popularity but am unsure if this is a valid concern.

I may skip the portable IH and put that money towards a Tinymight. I bought an Ambit recently to try out since the price was nice after finding a discount code. That little thing works well and is nice to have for periodic use.

Thanks again for your input.
The Tinymight stem does hold more than a vapcap. If you're familiar with the size of a dome screen that's about as micro as I've dosed with mine. Typically I'll load about twice that amount. More often these days I'm using an upside down Splinter stem as a WPA which allows me to easily choose any bowl size while also benefiting from the improved flavor of an all glass vapor path.

If you want to microdose with the Tinymight and be frugal with your weed then the right move is probably to load a small amount and then start right in at a hot setting of maybe seven or higher. I do the opposite: pack a normal sized bowl of .1 to .2g and enjoy better flavor initially temp stepping from 4.x to around 7.

I think you're right to suspect that for brutal efficiency the Tinymight isn't the best. You can vape a tenth or two in just a few big dense hits if you want, which of course is a feature not a bug.

Vapcaps are crap at flavor and provide no easy option for temp stepping. And really if you like vaping weed and you can afford a Tinymight you'll do well to save up for one and then get familiar with all the things it's good at.

I approve of splurging for the Tinymight rather than investing in an adjustable IH. I have three induction heaters (Flux Deluxe, Flix, and Jarhead) that all work very well but it must be said that the attempts to turn a vapcap into some precision temp stepping vape is not the best value proposition.

It's handy that you have an Ambit so you can pocket that when you don't want to worry about your fancy Tinymight.

And yeah, while it is a one man shop the Tinymight maker has been responsible and shipping times have continued to go down as he gets stocked up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom