Vape or smoke contest concern

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
I recently won the last vape-or-smoke contest and i emailed him the morning of 4/21 and randy emailed me back promptly saying he would get the VoS in the mail that day... well now its been like 11 days and still nothing I emailed him on the 27th for an update or confirmation and still nothing.. Any ideas? anyone know if randy is a space cadet and doesnt check emails often? I was thinking about picking up the phone and calling puffitup but i dont want to be needy or ungrateful for a prize that I won, I just would like a confirmation that I am going to receive it

Goodlife101,

Raf007

Retailer
Afaik, randy from puffitup is not a space cadet and seems to be someone serious.
Something must have been wrong here.

Raf007,

lwien

Yeah, they've had email issues in the past. Randy is a stand-up guy. I'd suggest giving them a call.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I've been sort of curious myself. I won the space case from them in the 4/20 contest. Vtac posted that Randy would be in contact with us (the winners) but I haven't heard from him. Didn't want to come off as being anxious and email. Figured they were busy after 4/20. I'm glad I wasn't the only one not contacted. I emailed herbgirl to see if she had heard anything, but haven't heard back from her yet.

momofthegoons,

collegerower

Mom,

I have been waiting to read your thoughts about the grinder, and was surprised at how long it was taking :lol:

I am jealous that you got it, but am glad to see it went to somebody that deserves it. :)

collegerower,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: Thanks. I was pretty geeked myself to win it! I usually never win anything and I've won two things now. I'm feeling pretty lucky.

I'm sure all is well and they are just busy.

momofthegoons,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
They probably are just busy I just read a lot of posts about Randy on here and he does seem to be a stand up guy. yeah I am probably just over analyzing the whole thing as i usually do (sort of ocd impatient) and just the fact that he said it'd be in the mail that day (4/21) I just started to get a little worried I'm sure hes just busy and I will call them if I don't hear from them today or tomorrow.

Goodlife101,
I can say personally that Randy is NOT a space cadet, is actually a ridiculously nice, accommodating, and usually very punctual guy. I've gotten email response within like 10 minutes in the past. You can bet this isn't by design and there's some bad noise going down for whatever reason, and Randy is almost certainly doing his best to get you your contest prize.

charliedontsurf,

PuffItUp

Retailer
Thanks for the great comments everyone, that means a lot that so many of you enjoy having us around. We got the prize out today, it was an oversite and i apologize about that. We also threw in Free Vector Butane and a Free case to go with your Free Vaporizer. I need to look at the contest because i was not sure there was even a winner yet.

lwien mentioned our email problems we had. That was a while ago so I can be a little more honest about what happened. We had a great little warehouse in San Jose Ca next door to a Colon Hydro-Therapist..... Turns out they were cooking meth in their space and one batch exploded which Gutted the entire complex. We lost basically everything to smoke damage but had online backups that we used to fill orders from our cell phones. We had no product to fill the orders so we drove to every head shop within a hundred miles and bought items at full price. We missed a lot of emails and phone calls during that time and a few negative comments about us showed up on FC. At the time we decided not to make any excuses and compensate every customer that might not of received the service they deserved. Since then we have invested in shiny new technology to better serve everyone. There is plenty of info about that on our website :p

The Fuck Combustion crowd has always been important to us which is why we do so many contests on here. The unexpected consequence of every contest so far has been a pile of hate mail. Usually it is "We cheated" or "We are spamming." For the most part we respond to the emails as well as we can. The toughest part is that when we do contests and we get negative responses in threads like this it shows up pretty highly ranked in google search which makes us look like a terrible company even though we have handed out thousands in free stuff to the FC crowd. Our goal was to have two contests a month. We all still want to want to continue contests but we are going to have to stop them for now until we can figure out how to have awesome contests that dont backfire.

If anyone has good examples of contests i would love to see them. Most of you know how to contact me directly, if not you can drop me a line at Randy@puffitup.com for just about any reason.

Big thanks to the FC people that do give us honest feedback. You guys would be surprised how big of an effect FC has on the vaporizer community.

A few quick plugs

- We are making a effort to hang out in the FC chat room to, so far it is a lot of fun
- If you peoples are fans of online radio, I will be doing a series of interviews on eBay radio the next few weeks discussing a series of topics
- If you havent tried the Vape-Or-Smoke yet...... try it, the thing is awesome

-Randy

"Longest post EVER!"
-Comic Book Guy

PuffItUp,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Oh my... Quite the story, and quite the vendor from what you say and more importantly - what some of the members I respect say. Not only as a fellow vapor enthusiast, but also as a consumer. I must honestly say that I havent done business with PuffItUp, but I think I might have to give your shop a closer look now. :)

Im sorry about your bad luck. :( I wouldnt wish a meth lab next door to anyone.

AGBeer,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Wow, that is quite the story. I think it's great that PuffItUp went the extra mile to satisfy their customers instead of just throwing in the towel and disappearing. It's unfortunate that your company's reputation had to suffer from the misdeeds of others, but it sounds as if you are doing what you can to salvage things.

And it underscores the importance of being fair and accurate when reviewing a company (or members) on this forum. :cool:

I look forward to hearing from you Randy and look forward to doing future business with PuffItUp.

momofthegoons,
I hope your neighbors go away for a long, long time, the filthy swine. That's amazing you guys went to local headshops to fill orders, that is just going beyond the call of duty.

Make sure you and your employees get checked out by a doctor, especially your lungs.

charliedontsurf,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Goodlife, I Just looked at an email from mom that i won another of his contests too, for my brownie recipe!?! I had no idea, I'm honored! the thread was closed so i'll gush here lol.

I'm still awaiting an email from Randy as well.
holy crap! i never win anything!

herbgirl,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Woot! Congratulations Herbgirl!! You are an awesome addition to this forum ;) Love your recipes.

@Puffitup... Man, meth lab makes for lousy neighbors :( I am glad you guys are all okay though, stuff can be replaced. Very stand up of you to jump through the hoops to keep things going. Great job! Hope your next neighbors are much better.

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I received my Space Case grinder from PuffItUp today in the mail. It is sweet! Thank you so much PuffItUp and Randy for sponsoring this contest and for the awesome prize! :D

momofthegoons,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Shoot him an email herbgirl. He's hella busy right now training new people and I'm sure it has slipped his mind.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom