Vape for golfing- what's everyone bring to the course?

Gigsabits53

I'm searching for a portable to take to the golf course. The last few years I have been using a Vapcap M and a torch which I bring in a little kit.
The torch and the wind do not like each other and sometimes it can be a real struggle to get a decent hit.

I have a few electric portables but one of them is terrible and the other is the Solo II. I like the Solo II but it's not a good vape for taking to a golf course, too much glass to bounce around. My other issue is that I currently live in an illegal state so I do not want to spend much, just in case it gets confiscated for some bullshit reason. While not wanting to spend too much, I also dont want a cheap piece of crap.

So needs to be somewhat stealthy, battery replaceable, and gives an adequate hit. It doesn't need to act like my Flowerpot.

Opinions on what I should be looking at?

Gigsabits53,
Reactions: LesPlenty

ginolicious

Well convection vapes would be your best bet. However, if weed wasnt an issue, I would go with a small session vape. Flowermate cap will kill it on the course. Small, compact,, palm friendly, I say its a winner. Yes you do need to pack the bowls, and yes the battery is small. But you could get 3-4 nice bowls in one battery. Bring a powerbank if you need more.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Somewhere public, like on the golf course, I tend to take a cheaper vape that I can afford to throw in a ditch in case someone smells it and calls the cops. So, I take something like my Vleaf Go or Flowermate Cap.

I'd love to take my Nomad. But I'm too worried about being forced to lose it, so I'd rather just take something that I could use as more of a burner. It's also not unusual for me to have a bottle of gin in my golf bag. lol

Last edited:

stonedmallone

you definitely need on demand in my opinion. session vaping might be tough unless your playing with a large group and will have time between shots to have a 5 minute smoke session. my vote is for the tinymight or firewood 7. I don't have the fw7 but both should do the trick for this

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'll echo the recommendations for the Firewood7 and/or Tinymight. I also like @LesPlenty's recommendation of the Vleaf Go with the caveat that I only like how it hits with some sort of j-hook for added cooling. If you don't cough easily some short hits from a Go on the low temp would be quick and effective at a price that won't make you worried to leave the house.

The next Firewood7 batch is in June though. Get one of those too so you know what you're missing when you're out on the course.

CIVILIZED
PXL_20210518_203749218.jpg

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I've got like a dozen vapes at this point, but I still like my Fury 2 for outdoor recreating. Small and discrete, heats up quickly, no glass to break or loose parts, and fairly cheap. Another big plus is the dosing caps, which makes it possible to reload no matter the wind or precipitation. I've never used the cover and I don't find it that stinky, but it comes with a scent-inhibiting cover if that's an issue.

Gigsabits53

The Fury 2 was actually the one that came to mind when I started to think about a different way to go. Some other interesting options have been mentioned so I'm going to do some research.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah, a Fury 2, Edge, or Rogue is cheap enough to throw off and more versatile since it has decent battery life and isn't too hot natively like the Go.

My one reservation is that session portables are slower to heat up and have weaker heaters so the hits will never compare to top-flight on demand portables. You'd more be trying for a speed session where you take a handful of hits while you walk and then keep hitting as you turn off the Fury to cool it down so it's not needlessly baking your weed. Dosing capsules are a convenience for reloading but they make Fury hits even wispier, a trade-off I've never loved.

With the TM or FW7 you'd just hold the fire button, wait for the ready buzz, and take one primo on demand hit. But like the OP said: anything fancy is more stressful to carry if you really are in a situation where you might lose it.

Last edited:

Gigsabits53

Yeah, a Fury 2, Edge, or Rogue is cheap enough to throw off and more versatile since it has decent battery life and isn't too hot natively like the Go.

My one reservation is that session portables are slower to heat up and have weaker heaters so the hits will never compare to top-flight on demand portables. You'd more be trying for a speed session where you take a handful of hits while you walk and then keep hitting as you turn off the Fury to cool it down so it's not needlessly baking your weed. Dosing capsules are a convenience for reloading but they make Fury hits even wispier, a trade-off I've never loved.

With the TM or FW7 you'd just hold the fire button, wait for the ready buzz, and take one primo on demand hit. But like the OP said: anything fancy is more stressful to carry if you really are in a situation where you might lose it.
Great points, agree with you completely. My inclination is to spend more and just be smart about it when I'm out there. The FW7 looks like a decent form factor for my purposes, and on-demand is really what I want. If it gets confiscated, oh well, there are worse things that can happen in life. I have never been caught with my Vapcap so I should be ok.

Thanks everyone!! You folks always lead me in the right direction. :)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Great points, agree with you completely. My inclination is to spend more and just be smart about it when I'm out there. The FW7 looks like a decent form factor for my purposes, and on-demand is really what I want. If it gets confiscated, oh well, there are worse things that can happen in life. I have never been caught with my Vapcap so I should be ok.

Thanks everyone!! You folks always lead me in the right direction. :)
The Firewood7 is pretty much ideal apart from the risk of losing it, yeah. With a full battery the first hit performance is beyond impressive at even the lowest heat setting. The hybrid heating lends itself to more stony effects and quick extraction. I've followed @Shit Snacks' footsteps and lowered my temps already (which turns out to be easy to do).

The Tinymight is also amazing and worth consideration. Not quite as light or slim in the pocket, and lacking the retractable stem, but very fast, consistent, and versatile.

They both do very well with j-hooks too, which is super CIVILIZED for home use
PXL_20210522_205053708.jpg

PXL_20210526_201804794.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I think I want the FW7 but it's out of stock until later this month. I will have to wait it out. It seems to be perfect for my purposes.

If you check the thread, I think he is going to be doing regular drops again, another one this Sunday? Good luck grabbing one!

Hippie

I would get an Induction Heater for the Vapcap
It's unlikely they'll know what the IH is and confiscate it unless they see you using it up close.
You could probably pass it off as a power bank for your phone or something if challenged.

Hippie,
Reactions: Ganjora

LesPlenty

Company Rep
IH units were used by dental carvers for heating dental wax carving tools and also mechanics to heat up seized nuts and bolts to make them easy to undo, I have used my homemade unit for this purpose so just say it is to help with problem fasteners on your buggy, the new Ispire wand is getting rave reviews when matched to a VC,

LesPlenty,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I 5000% echo the TM / FW7 rec's for the golf course. I would probably go TM if I had to pick.

I have done both and completely comfortable carrying either without a case. However nice thing about golf is you have a ton of space to fit a small case to hold the TM.

I've also never had any sort of stealth concern, as long as I'm not vaping on the first tee box in front of the starter or the 18th green lol.

TM is easy enough to just pick up out of the cup holder and hit it while you're driving the cart around looking for the ball that you know you're never going to find

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
You guys sound like you have a similar game to my own.:D

Haha I play for 100% fun, I suck, and dont keep score. I mean if somebody in the group is fine, they can write mine down lol but I really just go for a good time with friends & for business / "client relations" but no vaping for me if that's the case. Playing with friends, all bets are off

Another thing to consider reloading. To reload the FW I just bring along an extra small little tool to scoop pre-ground flower from a Jyarz into the oven. The TM, stick the stem into the jyarz and suck up some flower. Both definitely doable, TM having the edge there though

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I haven't spoiled a nice walk with a round of golf for a while now, must get out and try a few concentrates and beers while playing to see if I can get that ax swing instead of golf swing happening...4x preloaded Quasers should last 9 holes!
A dogleg par 4 along the beach only 2 good hits from my house distance wise (behind the bluff).
1622782074577.png
Our town has less than 5000 population and we have 2 golf coarses!

Top Bottom