Vape build potency and it's different colors

deadsouthernblake

So I got kinda a two part question here, the first part I found some info on but a lot of what I came across was somewhat contradictory from one article to the next.

So is the resin build up on a dry herb vape worth the time and aggravation to try and collect vs just cleaning it off with alcohol??

I've seen some say "Hell Yes, that stuff is like golden honey goodness" and I've also seen where some said that "well it's defiantly better than bong/pipe resin but it's really just not worth trying to collect it up unless you were kinda hard up at the moment."

The second part to my question I really couldn't find anything on it specifically... Does the color of the build up make any difference in the potency? Like when starts out as a honey gold like color and then will turn a much darker color after some time and a lot of build up.

deadsouthernblake,
Reactions: GoldenBud

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There are way more variables, it depends on you and what you need, and what you are using, the quality of the materials you are extracting from will then depend on the resinous build up quality, along with the temperatures used etc... It is not unlike trying to reclaim dab oil, you could use it to then dab, often it will not taste great, depending on those variables... Bottom line yes it can be potent and potentially worthwhile, but that really depends on you, I have no need to salvage it so I don't care (you can boil glass stuff in milk to clean and infuse to drink which is common practice)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So is the resin build up on a dry herb vape worth the time and aggravation to try and collect vs just cleaning it off with alcohol??
As you said, people are plenty divided on this. I never collect "resin". I dump duff in the compost. I think stem milk is nasty garbage. But other reasonable people disagree.

I won't attempt to answer your other question because obviously I am not one to judge the quality of that.

coolbreeze

Like most of the others I don't bother trying to collect it--I used to save AVB but I really don't enjoy edibles much. But some folks used to clear their DV condensers by shoving a small bud through and then roasting that, which seems relatively low-fuss and probably a fairly rippin' high. So, something like that might be low-effort/high-reward enough to try: wipe out what you can with a bud before the iso bath, maybe. Others swear by the stem milk, though. God love em.

GoldenBud

So I got kinda a two part question here, the first part I found some info on but a lot of what I came across was somewhat contradictory from one article to the next.

I've seen some say "Hell Yes, that stuff is like golden honey goodness" and I've also seen where some said that "well it's defiantly better than bong/pipe resin but it's really just not worth trying to collect it up unless you were kinda hard up at the moment."

The second part to my question I really couldn't find anything on it specifically... Does the color of the build up make any difference in the potency? Like when starts out as a honey gold like color and then will turn a much darker color after some time and a lot of build up.
Alcohol is an organic solvent. so it will take the thc/cbd/terpz because they are an organic compounds.
About reclaim... if the color is brighter, usually it will be better. remember that trichomes color is somehow like reddish and dabs usually are not having a dark color..... although also the dark color reclaim that I took out, with a pick tool, from the Edstnt WPA (Tinymight WPA) gave a nice kick.

growers or people who get their weed very cheaply will say that reclaim is garbage. it depends who you are... if you grow 300 gr per 3 month, ofc you will NEVER touch reclaim...

deadsouthernblake

I had a feeling this might have been more of an "opinions vary" type of deal. So what about the different colors? How it will start off the golden color but will turn much darker after more build up accumulates??

deadsouthernblake,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I had a feeling this might have been more of an "opinions vary" type of deal. So what about the different colors? How it will start off the golden color but will turn much darker after more build up accumulates??

I mean, if you layer gold over itself enough times it is going to keep darkening each time... Also the temperature used is a strong factor in the color as well as the herbs...

GoldenBud

IMHO if you get dabs regularly get a microscop for checking the trichomes. If you got small amount of trichomes it's not too good

GoldenBud,

ElMetrico

I only collect it from my mighty. Since it has a large cooling unit I am able to just scrape it of the sides. Most other vapes have a smaller cooling unit, making it not worth it for me. Some friends of me like to smear that stuff on their joint. Somethimes I use it myself and put a small glob inside a capsule filled with weed inside the mighty, mostly at late evenings since I get really (bodily) stoned from it.

ElMetrico,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I think the darkening may be partly due to oxidation? Like steel rusting or an apple browning, or coffee getting darker as it sits a few hours.
Another contributer could be even small amounts of contaminants- (not poisons!) like some plant matter solids perhaps.
Or maybe the solids oxidizing???

For me, saving it has been really a matter of how much cannabis is available.

Top Bottom