vape advice for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

djonkoman

one of my friends is thinking of buying a vape, and I'm trying to help him with wich vape to buy, so I ask your help in giving him advice.
he says he's looking for a whipvape, something that plugs into an outlet and he can hit it without touching the vape itself, just the whip

he has used my VG and my PD, he said he wants something with a bigger bowl as the PD.

his budget is about 200 dollar at most
I suggested the DBV or SSV, or maybe the HA or extreme, but those were a little expensive.
I said he could also consider an UD, since a lost dog is afordable and could be converted into a whipvape by attaching a whip to the stem, and since the bowlsize can be changed he could lso load more as in my PD
(he hasn't tried my UD yet)

I think he mostly wants it as handsfree as possible, load it and keep hitting it for a while while only touching a whip and not having to load it again soon
but price is also a big point for him
he is an ocasional smoker at the moment, uses a glass pipe and his stash lasts long

djonkoman,

SD_haze

one of my friends is thinking of buying a vape, and I'm trying to help him with wich vape to buy, so I ask your help in giving him advice.
he says he's looking for a whipvape, something that plugs into an outlet and he can hit it without touching the vape itself, just the whip

he has used my VG and my PD, he said he wants something with a bigger bowl as the PD.

his budget is about 200 dollar at most
I suggested the DBV or SSV, or maybe the HA or extreme, but those were a little expensive.
I said he could also consider an UD, since a lost dog is afordable and could be converted into a whipvape by attaching a whip to the stem, and since the bowlsize can be changed he could lso load more as in my PD
(he hasn't tried my UD yet)

I think he mostly wants it as handsfree as possible, load it and keep hitting it for a while while only touching a whip and not having to load it again soon
but price is also a big point for him
he is an ocasional smoker at the moment, uses a glass pipe and his stash lasts long

If the budget max is $200,
The regular non-extreme V-tower is well under $200 new, and so is a normal Da Buddha.
(Remember the price is minus a 10-15% discount from buying from a FC supported retailer)

There's also a v-tower in the classifieds for only $60 + you need to buy tubing.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/arizer-v-tower.5008/

The Vapolution is another great hands-free whip vaporizer for under $200 (it was on sale for 100 from manufacturer, think that ended?) but the load size is pretty small compared to da buddha or v-tower (and it has very specific grind requirements)

Definitely let him try the UD though, lost dog fits the bill.

SD_haze,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
If he's on a tight budget I'd steer him (only speaking from personal experience rather than a preference) to a *used* SSV or a *new blemished* SSV directly from the manufacturer (just superficial cosmetic imperfections). Used via the classifieds here or on our local craigslist. The manufacturer, 7th Floor, is great with service and repair but the likelihood is that a used SSV is every bit as good as a brand new one.

I've not used a V Tower but I've heard good things about it. For $60 I think it's a steal. I would grab it.

Another quality option is a vape that's very similar to the Vapor Brothers but significantly less expensive. It's called the Vapor Box. I have both and like them both equally. It's this -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Vapor-B...274?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256b0ba162

The company gives you a lifetime repair warranty with very fast turnaround.

These are all very good options.

jeffp,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
My advice for someone with no vapes that wants to make the conversion is to get a desktop & a portable at the same time.
If the budget is $200 I would get a Vapolution and a MFLB - both can be had for $200 combined - and that has you covered for most eventualities.
Or, if he doesn't have any glass yet, you might get V-Tower/DBV with a EHLE 100ml and a VG Coil. All for around $200.
What country are they in Djonkman - because the prices ma be a bit different in different countries?

J.R.R.Tokin',

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I was going to say a blemished DBV, but it seems the 7thfloor ebay store is down again.

The Silver DBV from Vaposhop comes at 145 euro's with the FC member discount. That's about 185US$ I believe.

I'd let him use your UD first though, to see what he thinks about that one. I still remember wiping stuff of my desk all the time with that damned SSV whip, I find it hard to imagine one would choose that over a handy little log.

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

don't think he wants 2 vapes, at first he said he wanted something for around 100 euros but when I said some prices he said he wanted to go to 200 dollars max.
he wants something that plugs into the poweroutlet for at home, and since he already doesn't spend much on weed and is not a daily smoker, it's a lot for him to spend on a vape
he also lives in the netherlands btw

I'll see if there's an oppurtunity where I can let him try my UD, his main thing against my PD was that the load was so small, and I think he'll also like it that the UD has a screen in the heatport and so can be held at more angles without stuff falling in
but he was also saying he wants a whip, I think he wants something that he can load and after that just handsfree with only a whip so he can still game etc. (he was also speaking about putting the vape away in a drawer, think he meant that the vape is in the drawer and just the whip comes out)
but I think that you also can't do that with a whipvape? never used one myself, but I would think you still have to take the whip off often to stir etc?

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah. When I was researching my first vape on here I asked DBV owners how many of them left the wand in the vape in between hits, to determine the need/use for handsfree (vs the standard heater cover on the SSV), and it turned practically everyone took it out in between hits.

Also, I'm not sure how safe it is to put a hot vaporizer in a closed drawer. Not very I imagine.

I game too btw, my UD really is the most convenient vape to take quick hits in between heats, from all the vapes I've used so far.

God, I'm beginning to sound like Darkrom, lol

OhTheAgony,
content removed-rules violation.

mod note: No selling or soliciting items on the forum.

VapeNStone,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom