• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapbong VS FlowerPot B2 Premium Bundle

JollyGreenGiant

Hello friends of the flower,
Nearly all of my cannabis usage is and will continue to be with handhelds, and while I have a Volcano Hybrid for a little more of a kick - see videos of these "heavy hitters" and I have a pretty nasty case of FOMO... i'm in a Honda Accord (great car) and there are a bunch of folks blasting off on rocket ships 😁

All kidding aside - I want to see what the hype is all about, and I think it'd be fun to have a monster hitting desktop rig I can break out once or twice a year and kill a day with for pure fun/recreation.

I've narrowed it down to the pre-made all in one Flowerpot B2 Premium Bundle (comes with glass, a case, etc) or a Vapbong. My goal is to have something that best recreates a traditional "bong hit"

My key three criteria for the unit - in order of importance: 1. No coughing 2. Flavorful 3. Hard hitting. I'll sacrifice power for flavor any day - and both for something that isn't a lung buster - but has the power to clear a bowl in 1-2 hits.

Which is the better unit to meet the above criteria?

DamnGentleman

My key three criteria for the unit - in order of importance: 1. No coughing 2. Flavorful 3. Hard hitting. I'll sacrifice power for flavor any day - and both for something that isn't a lung buster - but has the power to clear a bowl in 1-2 hits.

If you're looking for comfortable to inhale and flavorful, you should add QaromaShop's products into the mix. The quartz and ceramic heads (Qaroma and Ceroma) both taste great and, unlike titanium, they never seem to make me cough. Qaroma has the best flavor of the bunch but Ceroma is close and a lot more powerful. As coiled ball vapes, they hit hard.

I like my Flowerpots a lot too. They taste pretty good but, honestly, flavor isn't where they really excel. The vapor can also be harsher, especially if you're sensitive to titanium.

DamnGentleman,
Reactions: Vasgas

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
I have the vapbong and FP b1 baller.

I use a glass bowl with the fp having replaced the titanium shovelhead with glass. Imo this has a massive effect on taste.

I also use an ehle rig with some diffusion but not massive ( I have several other rigs but they are not used much). I really like this set up.

Imo I think the fp is better. I think I have more control and more options ( speed of draw, different glass combos etc etc). It's certainly stronger and all parts easily replaced. No concerns over broken balls.

I think the taste is comparable and the VB has even more airflow but I personally prefer the slight restriction the fp provides.

I use my fp everyday. I use my VB on occasions.

I really enjoy my VB and do not for a moment regret my purchase. It is a thing of beauty and makes me smile. But it is more fragile and I am always slightly anxious using it. Not so with the fp. But It may provide that closer bong hit you are looking for but I am less familiar with bongs coming from a spliff background.

You really can't go wrong with either and they are so close that form and breakability may be the defining factors, certainly for a vape that you only plan to use on occasions ( I bet that goes out the window when you first use it).

I have considered the Qaroma but I have heard of several breakages of the quartz version that it's personally not for me. You may be less clumsy.

Good luck and let us know your decision.....

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I do love Collyland, my OAB/mini's, and I think you would really enjoy a standard vapbong mini or even the berserker actually (they have both available in the store now) for your use case, they really are nice art pieces to have, bring out for a special occasion, heavy hitting and you can control for smooth hits and flavor with lower temp setting etc. Definitely something unique and worthy of a special occasion desktop vape status imo, no matter which model you buy!

However I agree it sounds like the FP is more what you're looking for, if that is top top tier and full versatility? That bundle kit seems really nice although it is more money than even the art aromatizers in stock now... It also limits you to those two glass rig options, although they both are very nice, effective for your needs I think... Although yeah I don't know about the metal heads and bowls, I've not used any FP stuff yet myself... Should be able to tame it down power and temp wise just like the VB though something special about ceramic although people say something special about titanium as well??

Yeah Qaroma quartz is also special it seems for flavor purity, though it is new and not perfect (as if anything is) meanwhile I put my own desktop injector heavy eggs in the Cloud Connoisseur basket, I'm pretty focused on flavor purity without sacrificing power, CC's Halo and Atlas have not disappointed me yet, though yes they are still pretty new, look forward to Heady Atlas!!

Texus

I mean if you are prioritizing flavor then you want the Herborizer Ti. Digital version not worth the extra money IMHO.

My shorthand for the holy trinity of heavy hittets:

VapBong /OAB: incredible effortless airflow. Most like bong.
Herborizer: best flavor. Never had better.
B-2 Baller: hardest hitter. And not terribly close.

But these vapes are far from one dimensional. Each is strong pretty much across the board. No bad choices and they've frankly made me less wowed by other vapes that previously would have blown me away. Until the Anvil. Anvil and Herborizer Sherlock pipe is a nuts combo.

Vasgas

I have the VB for more than a year. Just received a B2 before Christmas too. B2 definitely outperforms the VB but balls vs no balls don't seem too fair. VB does win on flavor and openness though.

I also have the Qaroma/Taroma/Ceroma for more than a month so far and am thoroughly enjoying them, over anything else that is desktop. According to your key criterias, I'd actually recommend the Taroma over the Qaroma. Surprisingly, I don't taste much if any metal on T. Not sure why this is the case since the T has lots more mass compared to B2. Could be just me idk

Otherwise the Q would be a great choice too. I haven't had any issues with mine, but it also never leaves the table. I actually don't think it is very fragile. Pretty much treat it the same as a good banger, minus the cleaning. It definitely is the best for flavor ime. Qaromashop is fairly new that I'd suggest reading reviews from people who actually own one. I recommend joining the qshop Discord server. I got most my info lurking on there. One of the most honest and customer centric server I've lurked in a while.

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
And this is why vas is real.

Ask a simple question and get a multitude of varying replies.

The worst thing is every view and opinion is correct.

Only you can decide which is best and this usually takes several attempts:D

It's a fun journey if a tad expensive.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So a VapBong or B-2 you ask? My first question would be, are you sure you want to be able to twax? When I bought my VROD I had bought it more for the additional heat storage capacity over the Weedeater, but it was nice to twax every once in a while. With the B-1/B-2, unless you plan to use concentrates I would go B-1 as the airflow is more open (no cap preferred) and milks faster. The B-2 has more restriction when bare and a little more with a cap, but being able to twax has led me down the concentrate trail which offer hard hitting effects that is great for pain relief.

A few things I'll point out.
-Either B head is very durable where-as the VB needs some care when handling. With that said, you need to exercise more caution around the hot parts of a B1/2. I barely grazed my B2 yesterday with my hand (a first thankfully) and I have a small burn mark today to show for it. The VB gets hot but it hasn't burned me when I've brushed the heater.
-Flavour wise, it's close and may come down to personal preference but I think the Herborizer is best. I need to lower my B2 temperature because I just blasted through a larger bowl in 2 hits. With the B1/2 and a glass bowl I think you have a close 2nd in best flavour with faster extraction. I plugged my VB in just now to refresh my memory and I can taste a difference, possibly because of the heater (kanthal iirc). It's not bad, but there's something there and it throws me off a little. Again though, it's a little subjective.

Too add a little of my own perspective, all 3 will smash your Hybrid in the flavour department. My Hybrid is barely used because I find the vapor from any of my other desktops to be superior. Better flavour, less harsh. Bags have advantages but adding water filtration is a must when I use my Hybrid and I don't feel the same way about my other plug-ins. I've been hitting both my B1/B2 dry for the last couple weeks with no issue. Convection is just the best for flavour with small subtleties in different designs rich adds a little twist.

-Airflow on a VapBong is incredibly open. There is no comparison except maybe a volcano bag. If the look of a VB puts you off, then go for a OAB or other design. The OAB is more restrictive but still more open than many bongs.
-B1 is pretty open, B2 less so.

You're in the USA I assume? It's hard to argue with the value of a B1/2 which are pretty versatile vapes. The new injector opens more doors too. If the coil burns out or the PID dies, you can easily replace them. Nearly indestructible design. Ability to swap balls. They are desktop end game vapes.

Just putting this here as well, for posterity sake ;) :bowdown:

JollyGreenGiant

Thanks for all your help folks - I went with the Herborizer Ti (both the concentrate and flower bowls) with the Sphere glass bubbler based on all the gushing about taste and smoothness. Actually ended up being less expensive than the other two options as well, which is a shocker.

Feeling fairly good about my lineup now.... Herborizer Ti for a heavy hitter and flavor chasing special occasion desktop, Taffe Bowle for solid hitting, flavor chasing portable for home use, Puffco Peak Pro Indiglow as a cool showpiece and dedicated dab rig, a backup Mighty+ popcorn maker and an expensive paperweight of a Volcano Hybrid 😁

SquirrelMaster

Thanks for all your help folks - I went with the Herborizer Ti (both the concentrate and flower bowls) with the Sphere glass bubbler based on all the gushing about taste and smoothness. Actually ended up being less expensive than the other two options as well, which is a shocker.

Feeling fairly good about my lineup now.... Herborizer Ti for a heavy hitter and flavor chasing special occasion desktop, Taffe Bowle for solid hitting, flavor chasing portable for home use, Puffco Peak Pro Indiglow as a cool showpiece and dedicated dab rig, a backup Mighty+ popcorn maker and an expensive paperweight of a Volcano Hybrid 😁
The Sphere is amazing, you choose a perfect pair! The DigiTi is more expensive because of the PID but they function pretty similar (faster heatup and recovery on the Digi). You're setup really well now with a good variety of devices.

I want one of those Puffco Indiglow's, they look stunning!

JollyGreenGiant

The Sphere is amazing, you choose a perfect pair! The DigiTi is more expensive because of the PID but they function pretty similar (faster heatup and recovery on the Digi). You're setup really well now with a good variety of devices.

I want one of those Puffco Indiglow's, they look stunning!

Thanks again for your help! I can definitely recommend the Peak Pro Indiglow. Not sure if you’ve seen it in person, but MUCH better looking in person than in pictures and the uniquely shaped glass works much better than the standard, or Opal glass. The ridges in the glass of the Indiglow cause more h20 aerosols, and allow a little more water to be used without it going into your mouth, as the water bounces off the ridges left and right, instead of straight up. If you put cold water in the top, straight from the refrigerator, the small amount of water it takes, does an impressive job cooling things down.

Top Bottom