• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vapars.com Little Magic Square Portable Vaporizer"Il piccolo quadrato"

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
pakalolo said:
akwardsauce said:
wow...thats probably why MFLB offers the lifetime warranty...because their construction is so easy to duplicate maybe?

I don't follow your logic there, but if you read the Magic-Flight patent application you will see that that LB construction is not easy to duplicate at all. This knock-off will violate the MFLB patent when it is granted.

They haven't duplicated the MFLB construction, they've crudely imitated it. The unit is two pieces of wood screwed together. The screen is coarse and looks like an ordinary pipe screen. While that might work, from what I know about the LB the chances that it will be anywhere close to the LB are pretty slim. There's nothing on the site to say what materials are used, just a vague assurance that they're using "quality" materials. The price is about $112, or roughly the same as the MFLB. Why anyone who knows about the LB would opt for this one baffles me. In my opinion, this has all the ear-marks of a ripoff.

Speaking of warranties, there's no trace of one on that website.

thats the only reason i didnt mention the patent in this old post of mine, btw...because i figured that the science behind the MFLB was too basic to patent (plug in a battery, which results in heat)...but, also, i never said i was an experts in the details of patent laws. i figured that MFLB just patented the housing, construction, logos, or something like that.

i reasoned (at that time when i wrote my 1st post about vapars) that you probably cannot patent making one of those "potato lightbulbs" or using your car battery in some kind of circuit to do something, so i just kind of figured that MFLB was a simple circuit system (with no intricate electronics or parts whose rights were purchased or that were invented by MFLB) that relied on basic scientific/electronic principles that could not be patented (except for the unit as a whole with its certain sized metal parts of a certain metal, housing design, logos, airflow pathway, etc...). in other words, i thought in order to violate the patent rights, you'd have to crudely duplicate the dimensions, materials, and circuit-design of the MFLB as a whole...not really sure what vapars did EXACTLY...they may have altered it just enough to be legit...

either way, i think we all know who thought of it first & does it pretty damn well with a great business strategy to back up the product.

it would be funny if vapars came out with the wall adapter for their unit also...legally...that may be stretching it, though...

just out of curiosity, can anyone think of a patented product that is easy enough to be made at home without any special tools (where the homemade version is JUST AS EFFECTIVE & SAFE as the patented version & works in the same manner - so like knives would NOT be considered an alternative for blenders...or something like that)? ive only been thinking a few minutes but cant really come up with anything...

EDIT: i also agree that i cannot think of any reasons that anyone would buy this over the MFLB, unless they lived in europe (and it saved them money on shipping or something) AND they were willing to forgo their lifetime replacement (which i have already taken advantage of twice, so i can attest to its usefulness).

akwardsauce,

Raf007

Retailer
I don't know per experience about other european selling websites, but I can assure that at least two french websites (planetevapo et lacentralevapeur) honor the lifetime warranty AND I guess it's the same with the other european websites selling the LB.
5 euro a 1/3 of the price ?

And you know, you CAN get the LB by itself right ?

Anyhow, I look forward to read you review if you ever by one and thank you for sharing your find ;)

Raf007,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Its at the post office tomorrow i will go get it and wright a review.. which reminds me that i have to charge my batteries .. because i havent use my mflb since i got my metal-vapo bowl.. 45 euro shipped.. unit only :)
My MFLB costed me 120 $ with 25$ extra for taxes and the battery charger lasted two weeks.. And when i got new HSD 2900 mah batteries i just notice how weak are the stock batteries.. for my taste... With those i could vaporizer 3-5 trenches with one battery.. compared to stock batteries one per trench... Also forgot to say the charger was not euro plug... which i insisted to considered a must.. They told me to buy a 6 $ adaper..
151 dollars + 30 $ for quality charger + 4 batteries... 180$ for my mflb so far... and a nasty taste.. because i am not able to clear below the screen

Abysmal Vapor,
45 euro shipped? Not bad! We'll see if the knockoff can begin to compare to the original soon enough.

Abysmal, where'd you buy your mflb? They might honor your warranty directly within Europe. If not, have you tried just blowing through three or four fully charged batteries to "smoke" out the gunk? After its softened you may be able to carefully get a piece of tissue paper in there and gently swab it out. If you're dissatisfied with the way it hits, have you checked out the micro-hitting technique, and the graphs from MFLB which show quite clearly how super effective it is?

I just think you might be setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect the Piccolo Quadrato to hit better. It looks like it has none of the careful engineering that went into the MFLB.

charliedontsurf,

Abysmal Vapor

I know how effective is mflb.. and i have explored all its features i think.. I have no problem with density of vapor .. I like how mflb hits... Smell is because of build up under the screen , not because i do not genuine like the mflb
taste.. Just didn't like the stock batteries beacause they were weak for my taste and patience ..and that stuff goes in the screens ring.. .
I tried that cleaning.. and many other ways.. like cotton bud soaked in iso.. vacuum cleaner..
Anyway.. my girlfriends is plan on using it.. she doesn't mind that it smells... Thats why i needed another portable stealth operated vaporizer.. I would buy still MFLB before Iolite ,Wisper,No 2, Vapir 0xigen 2.0, , The VM3(which appears to be a full crap... low battery life... and expensive to be changes and cant be done on you own... also 10 days warranty... lol).. So any way.. since i have already a MFLB.. but i am not using it.. may be it is because i am tired of it..,and i wanted something like the mflb but different.. Post office would be open in 2 hours,.. :) so we will know if it worth 45 euro..at least i dont have some crappy chargers and batteries .. that does not match the quality of my product.. at all.. I felt like damn i bought a ferrarri with VolksWagen golf1.0 engine...

Abysmal Vapor,

mrfloopa

Vappy
Abysmal Vapor said:
And when i got new HSD 2900 mah batteries i just notice how weak are the stock batteries..

Iirc, HSD and LSD are just self discharge. Whether or not it is HSD or LSD shouldn't have an effect when the battery is in use--just when it is sitting there, discharging itself. In that case, LSD is better because you can leave them without using them for a while and it won't waste a charge cycle.

The 2900 would probably make a big difference, though.

mrfloopa,

mrfloopa

Vappy
charliedontsurf said:
have you checked out the micro-hitting technique, and the graphs from MFLB which show quite clearly how super effective it is?

I've tried to find these, but I apparently don't know how to use the search function because it just shows me the entire MFLB thread from the beginning. Might I trouble you with where I can find these things?

mrfloopa,

Abysmal Vapor

mrfloopa said:
charliedontsurf said:
have you checked out the micro-hitting technique, and the graphs from MFLB which show quite clearly how super effective it is?

I've tried to find these, but I apparently don't know how to use the search function because it just shows me the entire MFLB thread from the beginning. Might I trouble you with where I can find these things?
down there is a field you can select.. that you get displayed topics.. or posts.. :)
Select how to view search results
Sort by

Sort order

Show results as <------------------- here select posts :).. LOL i took me too some time to see it.. I guess there is a thread on how to search :).. (there is one,but i neglected it and haven't yet read it) ,so i used google.. search
You just dig in the options to get results only from this forum... :brow:

You can choose how you wish to sort and show your results.

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

So first impressions on the that little magic square :) ..
1.Bowl is deeper.. than mflb U can shake better without loosing any material through the air channel between the "glass/acryl" and the wooden body .. No need to plug any holes too.. because the air intake is from 2-3 very tiny holes :).. tooth pick size holes..
2.Hard to combust
3.its from to squares screwed together.. and it can be taken apart for cleaning.. very easily
4.screen is nice a bit bigger holes than mflb but not big enough for dust to fall
There is no way thanks to its design for herb dust to fall on the sides of the screen..
The battery fit in almost a fully leaving about 1 cm out enough to put the black cap on it.. so i does not looks like there is something shiny..
5, Does not have a diod that indicates.. but it is easier to see vapor because of the deeper bowl . (can't say how this exactly help but .. vapor is on the edge of the invisible.. but still pretty visible.. Very tasty ... I would say it is better than the mflb for me.. even when it was brand new.. Mflb gives much more burned taste than the square..
6 The acrylic screen of the LMS fits tighter and there is a bolt that can make it even more hard.. SO u dont need rubber bands.. .. MFLB also fixed this.. recently adding the small hole on top.
I must prepare now for a 3 day fest.. with Roni Size,Borgore,Dj fresh .. So after i do my preparations and get all my job done i will upload photos :) of both MFLB and LMS ..side by side..
For someone who is not pissed and tired of his mflb.. maybe the mflb wood will appear to him of higher quality,, abd may be it is .. but i very much like the wood of LMS too It has those circles which you can count and learn how old a tree is

Abysmal Vapor,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
Abysmal Vapor said:
So first impressions on the that little magic square :) ..
1.Bowl is deeper.. than mflb U can shake better without loosing any material through the air channel between the "glass/acryl" and the wooden body .. No need to plug any holes too.. because the air intake is from 2-3 very tiny holes :).. tooth pick size holes..
2.Hard to combust
3.its from to squares screwed together.. and it can be taken apart for cleaning.. very easily
4.screen is nice a bit bigger holes than mflb but not big enough for dust to fall
There is no way thanks to its design for herb dust to fall on the sides of the screen..
The battery fit in almost a fully leaving about 1 cm out enough to put the black cap on it.. so i does not looks like there is something shiny..
5, Does not have a diod that indicates.. but it is easier to see vapor because of the deeper bowl . (can't say how this exactly help but .. vapor is on the edge of the invisible.. but still pretty visible.. Very tasty ... I would say it is better than the mflb for me.. even when it was brand new.. Mflb gives much more burned taste than the square..
6 The acrylic screen of the LMS fits tighter and there is a bolt that can make it even more hard.. SO u dont need rubber bands.. .. MFLB also fixed this.. recently adding the small hole on top.
I must prepare now for a 3 day fest.. with Roni Size,Borgore,Dj fresh .. So after i do my preparations and get all my job done i will upload photos :) of both MFLB and LMS ..side by side..
For someone who is not pissed and tired of his mflb.. maybe the mflb wood will appear to him of higher quality,, abd may be it is .. but i very much like the wood of LMS too It has those circles which you can count and learn how old a tree is

i gotta say that does sound pretty good. how the battery fits better, open it to clean it, and screen is in more stable...id say those would be the problems with the mflb that make u send it back for the warranty (unless it gets crushed or something - in which case it would still be replaced for free anyways). but since i have the mflb, it serves its purpose, lifetime warranty, and they are cool people, i dont feel the need to buy this one. but it does sound like theyve made a few improvements for sure...

EDIT:
there is no lock for the sliding cover...but maybe its ok with a square shape (instead of the rectangle of mflb). do you have to remove the screw on the clear sliding cover to remove it for cleaning or just those 4 screws around the bowl? i actually kind of use that little light in the mflb to tell how strong my battery is...with this, you kind of have to really pay attention when the battery is dead (at least i would). also, the battery is a bit deeper but it looks like the rubber battery cover is a little longer, too...

but still...not a bad copy

akwardsauce,

Abysmal Vapor

I didn't buy any of their caps.. I use mflb caps.. There is a screw on the top which can tighten the slide as much as you want.. There is no need of lock.. there 5 screws. 5 holding the box and one of them them hold the and slide..
.. Well it is not shiny as the mflb.. and more crude in appearance .. but i like the performance and the taste very much.. and i can go deeper with a deeper bowl :). Pics coming....

--- i think its hemp.. feels a lot like my DBV pillow :)
Review will come one of these days .. but so i already tested it in the woods .. i was able to go through 0.3 with one battery .. Also another thing that i am noticing is the cooler vapor .. may be due to its larger body..
Also tried it with H and it works fine too ..
As for sizes the mflb is longer than the square but is has less height.. The usual differences between square and.. rectangular ..

Abysmal Vapor,
For some reason.. at least to me, MFLB's performance drops after a few weeks of use.. I ordered this and waiting to receive it, how is the wear and tear in this ? does it give solid vape in every use ?

kingofqueens,

Abysmal Vapor

kingofqueens said:
For some reason.. at least to me, MFLB's performance drops after a few weeks of use.. I ordered this and waiting to receive it, how is the wear and tear in this ? does it give solid vape in every use ?
Actually i find the Square to deliver cooler vapor than MFLB. the stem is a bit more narrower . I have successfully unscrewed and took in two parts to clean the resin from the wood, works fine. The wood finish is not as nice as the MFLB not as glossy.. I like although the age ring patterns on mine :). (I just came to the idea of sanding mine and putting some Underbutter :).
Solid vape ? What do you mean? For me MFLB does not delivers solid/dense vape at all. Magic Square delivers even lighter in color vapor but it is more concentrated due to bigger bowl and bigger heating area. You will like if you like MFLB.. I don't like that composition for a vape at all.. I loaned it to a friend to try if he want to buy it.. He wants to quit combustion very much. :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Stone__Man

@Abysmal Vapor thx for trying this and sharing your thoughts on it and the side by side pic's . Would it be within reason to ask if you could take a photo/s "under the hood" ? disassembled and such? I would VERY MUCH appreciate it. ;)

Stone__Man,

Abysmal Vapor

Stone__Man said:
@Abysmal Vapor thx for trying this and sharing your thoughts on it and the side by side pic's . Would it be within reason to ask if you could take a photo/s "under the hood" ? disassembled and such? I would VERY MUCH appreciate it. ;)
It is currently not in me , i gave it to a friend to try it if he likes it ,so he can decide either to buy it or just get an idea if he is into this style of vapes ;). Next time he comes by.. i will disassemble it and take photos.. If you are that intrested i can measure the screen diameter and how long are the wires cuz thats affects the overall resistance which effects temp :).

Abysmal Vapor,

Stone__Man

You Sir are a man after my own heart ;) , a gentleman and a scholar :) :) :) it'd be most appreciated mate :D you could send detail via email if u feel like going that route. I look forward to it.

:peace:

Stone__Man,

Abysmal Vapor

I spoke to my mate and he is coming by next monday :).. I think i will post pics and measurements here :).. I don't think that vapars (1 man company :D ) will sue me for revealing his mysterious space age tech :D.. I'll do that so DIY'ers can benefit of it .

Abysmal Vapor,

Stone__Man

sounds great Abysmal Vapor. I very much look forward to it, and again very much appreciate your doing this.

:peace:

Stone__Man,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Cool post man!

There always is a part of me that wants to do that to every vape I have, I once posted a unscrewing-tutorial of a Sony Vaio on the web somewhere as well, but that was hole different forum :)

But, I guess you already gathered I like taking stuff apart.. :lol:

OhTheAgony,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
As I compare this to the MFLB, this seems like poor quality and craftsmanship. Also it doesn't look like it utilies the IR effect like the MFLB. The MFLB has trench shaped that IR rays have a focus point at the center of the trench and because of it's square angular shape that focus point is blurred uniformly.
1629teh.png

Also The screen touches the wood so if it really heats the wood is likely to char. Using other people's design can be good IF THE COPIER IMPROVES IT. This just makes me sick.

Seek,

Abysmal Vapor

Seek said:
As I compare this to the MFLB, this seems like poor quality and craftsmanship. Also it doesn't look like it utilies the IR effect like the MFLB. The MFLB has trench shaped that IR rays have a focus point at the center of the trench and because of it's square angular shape that focus point is blurred uniformly.
http://i44.tinypic.com/1629teh.png
Also The screen touches the wood so if it really heats the wood is likely to char. Using other people's design can be good IF THE COPIER IMPROVES IT. This just makes me sick.
We'll it has no rubber ring touching the screen and it can be cleaned.. Know what ?? My mflb's taste makes me puke... All that resign coated on the wood + environmental dust... The workmaship might not be top class but there are some improvements like bigger bowl .. lest particle in your mouth... you can clean.. and maintain easily..
Not that i recommend anyone purchasing this vape.. but i don't recommend mflb either.. LOL...

Abysmal Vapor,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Abysmal Vapor said:
We'll it has no rubber ring touching the screen and it can be cleaned.
I don't think the rubber ring makes any smell at all. It doesn't get hot while using (the trench is hot only at the bottom, its cold where the ring or rails are). Also I observed that rubber is inert to heat - I touched it several times with hot soldering iron (imo much hotter than a bottom of hot mflb trench) and it did absolutely nothing to the rubber, no deformation, no fumes.
Abysmal Vapor said:
All that resign coated on the wood + environmental dust...
With this I have to agree. It can be cleaned, but not easily. This is imo only improvent in this vape over mflb. Don't think it makes MFLB health hazardous, resin can only stink, but is not toxic.
Abysmal Vapor said:
The workmaship might not be top class but there are some improvements like bigger bowl ..
I don't see this as an improvement. More like the opposite. Like I previously said, the trench shape in this vape is wrong, it does not utilize IR effect and being bigger only makes it heat less and consume the battery more. Also the mflb trench is much much finer so it heats more efficiently and I never experienced particles getting through at any size.

Seek,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Seek: Interesting diagram, where did you get it?

As for the "piccolo quadrato", that looks like someone's homemade effort, and not a good one. I'd expect better from a sixth grade shop project. Even at half the price of this thing, I'd feel ripped off. I certainly wouldn't defend it, and no way in hell would I embarrass myself by claiming it was better than the LB.

Abysmal Vapor said:
Seek said:
http://i44.tinypic.com/1629teh.png
We'll it has no rubber ring touching the screen and it can be cleaned.. Know what ?? My mflb's taste makes me puke... All that resign coated on the wood + environmental dust... The workmaship might not be top class but there are some improvements like bigger bowl .. lest particle in your mouth... you can clean.. and maintain easily..
Not that i recommend anyone purchasing this vape.. but i don't recommend mflb either.. LOL...

What is "environmental dust"? Why does it come from the MFLB and not any other vaporizer? How in the world does the 300 micron mesh in the MFLB let through more particles than the 50 micron mesh in this box?

This device is so crudely made that it makes me wonder whether I could make money selling light bulb vapes.

pakalolo,
Top Bottom