Vap Hot Box - Dynavap Induction Heater

Baron23

Not for me as i like the tactile switch. and no representation on FC.

For me, I want a separate power on/off for the box and a tactile depress to activate switch in the coil.

I want to be able to cut off mains/battery from entire unit while liking the press to heat of the coil switch.

Oh, and aside from vape boards, I also don't do social media crap! haha

LabPong

For those that have never used an IH......having to hold a button to activate heating....and or having to hit the button to turn it on or off.....sucks! Unless they have the heater on/off switch at the bottom of the IH coil...so your vapcap sets the heating on and off when you put in it there....is not worth over $50 in my opinion.

hinglemccringleberry

For those that have never used an IH......having to hold a button to activate heating....and or having to hit the button to turn it on or off.....sucks! Unless they have the heater on/off switch at the bottom of the IH coil...so your vapcap sets the heating on and off when you put in it there....is not worth over $50 in my opinion.
I've heard a few people say that....but why? No one explains why it's such a bad thing. Is it because the button setup is cheaper but the makers don't pass the savings on to the customer? As far as functionality, it sounds more like personal preference / opinion to me.

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

How though? Is the separate button so rigid that it pressing it repeatedly causes muscle fatigue? Or does pressing a button with your finger induce feelings of depression compared to pressing down with the Vapcap? Not trying to be a smartass, I'm just curious about what's so bad about it objectively.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
If I was to use this type of device I would want 'minimalist'. Place the vape in the heater slot and wait for a 'ding' to say lunch is ready. Somewhere there will be something that says how done you want your lunch. That alone distracts from minimalism and therefore needs a design element gimmick. To reach the $150 valuation, it needs a bit of refinement. I can easily see this reaching a $250 valuation with a little more work.

TommyDee,

LabPong

I've heard a few people say that....but why? No one explains why it's such a bad thing. Is it because the button setup is cheaper but the makers don't pass the savings on to the customer? As far as functionality, it sounds more like personal preference / opinion to me.

Only reason.....hassle free use when multiple draws...sessions. Last thing you will remember after getting all ripped up....is to turn the heater off........or when you take the vapcap off the heater....and put it in your glass rig.....you add so many steps to each draw and it quickly becomes so tiresome and a nuisance. I can use a torch easier than dealing with the extra movements and timing of turning on and off the heater. I only use my vapcaps in rigs...so I heat...then quickly put them in a 14mm joint on various water rigs.

Another words.....when you have spent time using one....you will understand why using an IH with the auto on/off heater switch at the bottom of the IH tube....compared to one that does not! ;)

If I was to use this type of device I would want 'minimalist'. Place the vape in the heater slot and wait for a 'ding' to say lunch is ready. Somewhere there will be something that says how done you want your lunch. That alone distracts from minimalism and therefore needs a design element gimmick. To reach the $150 valuation, it needs a bit of refinement. I can easily see this reaching a $250 valuation with a little more work.

no....no basic vapcap IH should be over $100. But if you want the producer to spend time with bling bling that has nothing to do with the heating and power performance.....have it it.

That's exactly how the SJK works. Proximity beats tactile hands down. Tactile sets the depth for you and it doesn't change. Proximity is awesome for dip and sip because YOU choose the depth of the cap, not the designer. Plus, 6 out of 7 of my caps stick with a tactile switch.

no....no basic vapcap IH should be over $100. But if you want the producer to spend time with bling bling that has nothing to do with the heating and power performance.....have it it.

SJK is about 50 bux.

Other than being ugly, the SJK beats every other IH out there. Price, performance AND ESPECIALLY dependability. No mosfets to constantly fail. Even one of the makers here finally went with the same type as switch as the SJK after his mosfets kept on failing and failing.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
FETs require cooling. People forget that this is part of the specification... managing junction temperature.

Just looked up the JSK. That device alone explains why we need 'style' :)

Okay, what kind of induction heaters are inside these units?

Last edited:
TommyDee,
Reactions: LesPlenty
I don't want to run this thread off topic. I added more links to the pics in the most recent post in that thread. If you have questions, post them in that thread and I'll be happy to answer. :)

Apologies to Mr. Hotbox. Looks like a nice unit.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Sorry @Hackerman , I actually meant to stay on subject. One of the things I was looking for on the Vap Hot Box site was information on the heating 'element'. The tech talk focuses on the batteries and the management system. I didn't see much at all about the element or driver.
My bad for not being more up on IH in relation to vaping.

TommyDee,
Reactions: LesPlenty

vapenerd

It's been 2 weeks... my curious mind wants to know if you received it yet and what your impressions are?
I ordered and payed my Vap Hot Box on Aug 17. On the website it said the waiting time is about a month. I got the shipping confirmation yesterday. So it took them 39 days to ship out the device. That's okay. I also exchanged emails with the seller and he apologised for the delay. I'll keep you updated.

vapenerd

Just got my Vap Hot Box. Shipping was insanely fast! First impression: It's smaller but also heavier than my Apollo. I think it hits a little bit harder as well but really it's too early to tell. Solid build too.

Here's some pics with the Apollo for comparison.

7f66ed4dff80ad5fe3f9f3d8a231c353666059c2.jpg

c494879d664446529004b1817851a4a3e5f0a0e5.jpg

76f6a65017c19772400775064cbcc6c31f34cd24.jpg

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Has that just got a big old hole in the side for cooling near the coil? Pretty ordinary for a $150 unit.
People keep going on about the SJK looking like shit, at least it looks like it was made in a factory.:2c:

:mmmm:While some of the new entries in the marketplace call themselves “portable”,
the only portable for me is the PSM.

A bit hefty to be truly portable, it at least has the heatport
Oriented correctly to be belt EDC.

& lighter than A PRC-25. :smug:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Heft may imply jam packed with electrons.
I saw some cheap heavy Trustfire? 18650 batteries pulled apart that was 3/4 full of sand with a tiny 200mah battery wired inside the supposed 3500mah 18650 case, heft doesn't mean a great deal unless buying a bag of hooch.:tup:

Top Bottom