Gear Vandy Vape Mesh

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm not really using TC for control, just as a baseline and I still pulse it. So I'm fine with pulsing and riding it like a normal vape pen. That DNA stuff sounds really interesting. Dying to heart how your weekend goes!

Once I get the extract use going like I want I'm gonna start playing with the mesh as a heater for dry herbs...that's what's got me really stoked about it. Like 'the Project.'

2clicker

Observer
ok does anyone know if any ol 810 drip tip will fit the VVM?

the tips that come with the RDA are just too large for my preference. also too wide of a bore. wide bore may be ideal for cloud chasing ecig heads, but not so much for dabbing. im currently using the 810/510 adapter and a reg ol drip tip, but would prefer to find some tips that are 810 size, but smaller bore, and hopefully a conical shape. they are out there, but im hesitant to order any because my Goon clone RDAs 810 does not fit my VVM. that may be because its a clone tho... idk.

anyone using other drip tips in their VVM?

2clicker

Observer
update: so ive i received a reply from the wire mesh vendor i found that manufactures 316L mesh in all kinds of sizes. they are sending me some samples. i know for sure im getting it in a 60 mesh count (vs the 100 mesh count the VV mesh is). smaller mesh count means larger holes in the mesh. larger holes equal more wicking.

def getting:
316L, 60 mesh, .011” wire dia (.011” is almost the same dia 28g wire)

also asked for some 25, 35, and 45 mesh counts for more absorbsion. cant wait!

more to come! time will tell if i will experience the burning using this larger wire diameter mesh. ive got a good feeling. lol

Last edited:

Vapology

I just ordered a mesh RDA from eBay :rockon:
I am very new to all this e-cig, vaporizer and concentrate game. Always smoked my weed mixed with tabacco and always smoked cigarettes. So I managed to quit smoking 7 months ago and now the VAS is taking over.
I use my omnivap at home and when I go outside I have some ccell vapepens and a box mod + veco tank filled with some qwet oil - everything is perfect :tup:
The vapcap + ss mesh pad is ok for concentrates ... but after some days of use it tastes reclaim and I don't like that at all.
I hope that I can get clean and tasty hits from the mesh rda because it is just one layer mesh and not a pad with deeper layers of half vaped oil .... reclaim :\ and if the vandy vape mesh rda is to harsh I can always cool the vapor down with my bong.

2clicker

Observer
I just ordered a mesh RDA from eBay :rockon:
I am very new to all this e-cig, vaporizer and concentrate game. Always smoked my weed mixed with tabacco and always smoked cigarettes. So I managed to quit smoking 7 months ago and now the VAS is taking over.
I use my omnivap at home and when I go outside I have some ccell vapepens and a box mod + veco tank filled with some qwet oil - everything is perfect :tup:
The vapcap + ss mesh pad is ok for concentrates ... but after some days of use it tastes reclaim and I don't like that at all.
I hope that I can get clean and tasty hits from the mesh rda because it is just one layer mesh and not a pad with deeper layers of half vaped oil .... reclaim :\ and if the vandy vape mesh rda is to harsh I can always cool the vapor down with my bong.

welcome aboard matey. even a single layer of mesh will gunk up a bit tho after enough time/usage. the key here, and i practice this with any coil im using, is that as soon as you detect any loss of flavor or contamination then simply replace the coil and soak the gunky one. and with the Mesh RDA it is soooo easy. litterally can be swapped in seconds. you can also identify a dirty coil by simply keeping an eye on it. after time you can tell visually just before it needs to be replaced. i find myself swapping coils about every 4-5 days. if you build your own i suggest making at least 3 of them at a time. ive got 5 in rotation right now. this way there is always a clean coil ready. and because you made them already the swap is effortless. the coils and mesh should all last long and can be used many times.

Deleted Member 1643

I hope that I can get clean and tasty hits from the mesh rda because it is just one layer mesh and not a pad with deeper layers of half vaped oil ...

Find no benefit to using more than one layer of mesh.

Keep in mind that you're using only 3cm mesh at a time. Much less than wire, and there's no work involved.

You might like wrapping coils. Rarely re-use them, just wrapped a new one. AVS is restocked - new wire to play with soon. Some GR. 430 SS.

ok does anyone know if any ol 810 drip tip will fit the VVM?

Don't overlook tops. The Mesh RDA is just a 24mm tube, any 24mm top should fit. You might need to keep airflow open.

2clicker

Observer
Don't overlook tops. The Mesh RDA is just a 24mm tube, any 24mm top should fit. You might need to keep airflow open.

what do you mean “tops”? you mean caps from diffrent 24mm RDAs?

trust me ive tried. neither my Goon cap or Rafale X cap fit my VVM base. or any combination. while the OD of these attys are the same (VVM is 24.4mm OD i beleive) the ID of their caps can vary in size. also depending on the size of the base and the orings used. their internal design is different for almost all RDAs ive come across. none of my old 22mm atty caps were interchangeable either.

i actually really like the cap on the VVM. its a bit plain looking, but the airflow is adequate. its easy to adjust airflow, and the engraved logo is nice.

honestly im excited for the Digiflavor Mesh Pro thats coming soon. its 25mm. either way im going to want to get different drip tips. i just need to know if other standard 810 tips will fit the VVM.

Vapology

Somebody on Reddit said that the vandy vape mesh rda is so much better in taste and performance than every other waxpen on the market. What do you guys think about that?
I always wanted to buy a saionara, divine tribe, source vape... double donut, quartz coils, ceramic buckets ... I couldn't make a decision. And for me every existing system smelled like reclaim before I even touched it. How can I get tasty and clean hits from a totally messed up coil full of halfmelted shatter ... my thinking is that the ss mesh is much more convenient and cleaner than for example a miracle b or black porous ceramic coil or something similar!?

2clicker

Observer
Somebody on Reddit said that the vandy vape mesh rda is so much better in taste and performance than every other waxpen on the market. What do you guys think about that?
I always wanted to buy a saionara, divine tribe, source vape... double donut, quartz coils, ceramic buckets ... I couldn't make a decision. And for me every existing system smelled like reclaim before I even touched it. How can I get tasty and clean hits from a totally messed up coil full of halfmelted shatter ... my thinking is that the ss mesh is much more convenient and cleaner than for example a miracle b or black porous ceramic coil or something similar!?

the key to consistently getting tasty results is to change coils when necessary. all coils are going to gunk regardless if they are wire builds or mesh. but some coils, including mesh, can do a nice job of vaping most of your dab. whats left is so little you dont start tasting it until its time to change the coil. when your coil starts to taste contaminated just swap in a new coil.

EDIT: to answer your question... i think it very well could be the better than any other wax atty on the market. the key though, IMO, is temp control. basically if youre running a SS coil or a ceramic donut... as long as youre not getting either hotter than vaping temps then the heaters material shouldnt have any affect on the flavor of the dab. when properly controlling temp the user should not be able to tell the difference between the two flavor wise. there are other characteristics that differ between the two like wicking and cleaning. of which one may be more appealing than the other to some.

when this mesh is working right its the best dab ive ever had short of a legit dab. and ive used W9/uptech, thermovape, dr dabber, puffco, g-pen, among others. problem is getting consistent results with the mesh. at least in my case. mine seems to overheat sometimes when using mesh. currently troubleshooting the issue.

Last edited:

2clicker

Observer
i wanted to add that the screwdriver that comes with the VVM is not sufficient IMO. well not when running wire builds in the VVM at least. i found a larger flathead driver that fit the screw heads perfectly. i was able to get MUCH more clamp pressure using a driver with more torque.

2clicker,

Vapology

i wanted to add that the screwdriver that comes with the VVM is not sufficient IMO. well not when running wire builds in the VVM at least. i found a larger flathead driver that fit the screw heads perfectly. i was able to get MUCH more clamp pressure using a driver with more torque.

The screwdriver will not make any problems to me. I will throw it away and take real tools instead :rockon:

After I pushed the purchase button for the mesh rda I started to get interested in building coils.
Maybe @Accept is right and half the fun is building your own very special coils :wave:

What wire (gauge, material) do I need to built something like a tornado coil or accepts inception coil?
The vandy vape mesh rda will arrive in a couple of days and I hope it's possible to built some fancy wax coils on that postless deck...!? So what do I need to get started?

Vapology,
Reactions: 2clicker

Deleted Member 1643

What wire (gauge, material) do I need to built something like a tornado coil or accepts inception coil?
The vandy vape mesh rda will arrive in a couple of days and I hope it's possible to built some fancy wax coils on that postless deck...!? So what do I need to get started?

You don't need much. Prefer stainless steel wire as it's easy to work with and can be used in both TC and power modes. For the inception coils, prefer a complex, wicking wire, as oppose to a straight wire. The simplest are clapton and braided. Clapton is a wire wrapped perpendicularly around one or more core wires. For these coils, stiff, rather than springy, wire is better. Just starting out, you'll probably want to get pre-built wire.

Expecting some new wire any minute, including 1,2, and 3-core claptons. Will let you know how these work. Already had success with quad-core clapton and braided wire. Not sure about gauge - have generally purchased the largest available.

For regular coils, you can wrap wire around anything. The little screwdrivers that come with RDAs are popular. Syringe needles for micro-coils. To step up, you can get a Coil Master jig, or similar. Small wire clippers are great, but a nail clipper can also be used. Needle-nose pliers and tweezers are helpful. To step-up, ceramic tip tweezers let you adjust the coil while firing.

Deleted Member 1643,

Vapology

Ok thanks a lot. So I will order some plain ss316l wire in 24 and 28 and one spool of fused stagger clapton :tup:

Vapology,

2clicker

Observer
Ok thanks a lot. So I will order some plain ss316l wire in 24 and 28 and one spool of fused stagger clapton :tup:

those are good options, but i find 26g to be more the standard across the board with most builders. of course this is all preference.

still waiting for the new mesh to arrive, but until then its wire builds in my VVM.

2clicker,
Reactions: Vapology

2clicker

Observer
UPDATE! and its a good one :rockon:

i received the new 316L mesh today. first thing i noticed was how little light came through it. i wasnt sure if the mesh count was too much or ideal. i found the VV supplied mesh to be too tightly woven for concentrates. works better with a much less viscous material like ejuice. concentrates are a tad sticky/dry for it IMO. anyway the new mesh is a 60 mesh count with .011" wire diameter as opposed to the VERY fine wire diameter of the stock strips. so right away i cut a piece that fit the VVM like the stock VV strips do (trimmed down size because the VV included strips are too long). tightened it down nice and snug and it weighed in at .03ohms. lolz. at that point i knew there was just too much material there. letting the current through far too fast. so now im thinking a lower mesh count, or possibly even a slightly smaller wire diameter, will be ideal. so i went ahead and dry fired the .03ohm strip and it colored and uncolored just like the reg 316L wire im used to does. put a dab on it on the DNA chip and fired away at 15 watts. and it NAILED me. decent flavor, but a tad hot. i should add that i have a very aggressive pre-heat set up on my DNA chip so that will need to be dialed back a bit for mesh. but it vaped the dab very fast and left practically nothing behind from what i could tell. no splatter at all. best part was that there was ZERO glow/flash/burn with this mesh as observed with the very fine VV mesh. i suppose it doesnt necessarily mean that the diameter was the culprit, but i am unable to replicate what happens with the VV mesh with the new stuff. in short im very stoked about this. i can fire away and be confident im not going to get a burnt rip.

now before i go getting too excited the new mesh is still a tad too much material. so i removed the strip and then cut a longer strip that was probably 1/8"-3/16" wide. then i wrapped that on the end of my ceramic tweezer handle. imagine wrapping around a popsicle stick. a flat wide coil made of mesh. this way the "leads" were far thinner strips allowing less current to travel through it. it also provided a nice flat loading surface at the top similar to how the reg VVM configuration is used. weighed in at .18ohms. i loaded a dab. DNA75 set at 380F, 15watts, .18ohms and let it rip. blasted me with flavor and a nice big cloud! the pre-heat settings def need to be trimmed back for mesh, but holy shit this dab was soooo good. im fucking stoked and cannot wait to get some 25 - 40 mesh count 316L, in a similar wire diameter, in my hands. should be able to run that in the reg stock strip width and clock in around .15 ohms.

wish it wasnt so hard to find, but ill find it. more to come.

2clicker

Observer
Took some fiddling, but now get just a wisp of residue after a TC hit.

yes! thats what im used to. if that even. if the coil has some milage on it then sure, but if its relatively new i dont detect any. then after say about a week when i do start to taste it i pop in a new coil and its starts over. getting a reclaim taste with this DIY stuff is really only an issue if you let it go and dont keep an eye on it. a little maintenance and you can have on demand temp controlled dabs in your pocket. and to be completely honest the reclaim taste is very muted. i dont even mind it. its not good, but theres not much going on there either. pretty tasteless and plenty medicating.

anyway, the mesh comes from a manufacturer in Ohio. they are sort of a pain to work with regarding requesting samples and having questions about their offerings, but they say they have it all. ill ask questions about dif mesh counts or about what all they offer in 316L and they reply with vague answers and usually don't answer every question. plus they have a min order of $250 so im not sure how that is going to work. if the min was $100 id just fucking do it, but damn $250? thats a lot of strips lol.

again id be willing to do some sort of group buy when i find the best combination of mesh count, wire diameter, and open area percentage. and what works well in regard to resistance. then im going to be looking to order some for sure. as for pics... i was close to taking some, but my kids and i had the gnarliest nerf dart gun battle and the time just got away from me. im going to try to wrap another strip tonight and ill def get some pics.

EDIT: i jumped into Escribe and updated a profile specifically for mesh. anyway its now at 380F, 15 watts, and at .15ohms. dialed the pre-heat back a bit for this profile and its vaping VERY nicely.

Last edited:

Vapology

yes! thats what im used to. if that even. if the coil has some milage on it then sure, but if its relatively new i dont detect any. then after say about a week when i do start to taste it i pop in a new coil and its starts over. getting a reclaim taste with this DIY stuff is really only an issue if you let it go and dont keep an eye on it. a little maintenance and you can have on demand temp controlled dabs in your pocket. and to be completely honest the reclaim taste is very muted. i dont even mind it. its not good, but theres not much going on there either. pretty tasteless and plenty medicating.

anyway, the mesh comes from a manufacturer in Ohio. they are sort of a pain to work with regarding requesting samples and having questions about their offerings, but they say they have it all. ill ask questions about dif mesh counts or about what all they offer in 316L and they reply with vague answers and usually don't answer every question. plus they have a min order of $250 so im not sure how that is going to work. if the min was $100 id just fucking do it, but damn $250? thats a lot of strips lol.

again id be willing to do some sort of group buy when i find the best combination of mesh count, wire diameter, and open area percentage. and what works well in regard to resistance. then im going to be looking to order some for sure. as for pics... i was close to taking some, but my kids and i had the gnarliest nerf dart gun battle and the time just got away from me. im going to try to wrap another strip tonight and ill def get some pics.

EDIT: i jumped into Escribe and updated a profile specifically for mesh. anyway its now at 380F, 15 watts, and at .15ohms. dialed the pre-heat back a bit for this profile and its vaping VERY nicely.

Happy to hear that you are making progress on the mesh project. I can't wait to start experimenting but my VVM hasn't arrived yet.

a flat wide coil made of mesh
Like this? I like the idea of a mesh coil ... when it's dripping down, the material will get in contact to the second layer of mesh and vaporize.

2clicker

Observer
Like this? I like the idea of a mesh coil ... when it's dripping down, the material will get in contact to the second layer of mesh and vaporize.

yes and no. yes as in its a slim strip of mesh wrapped around something, but the “coil” is flat. like it was wrapped around something flat like a popsicle stick. not wrapped around a round object like a coil jig or drill bit. this also provides a 2nd layer should anything drip through the mesh, but if your settings are dialed in, from what i can tell so far, the oil never makes it to the 2nd layer.

i failed again at getting pics or wrapping a new coil. ill snap a pic of the current one here shortly and update this reply.

btw... what RDA is that is your pic?

2clicker,
Reactions: Vapology

2clicker

Observer
btw... what RDA is that is your pic?

? @Vapology

EDIT: nevermind i think found it. vandy vape Govad...? after looking at that one that may actually be an amazing RDA for mesh with modifications to the clamp bars. and it provides bottom airflow? oh i must experiment with one of those now... ugh

Last edited:

Vapology

? @Vapology

EDIT: nevermind i think found it. vandy vape Govad...? after looking at that one that may actually be an amazing RDA for mesh with modifications to the clamp bars. and it provides bottom airflow? oh i must experiment with one of those now... ugh

It's a vandy vape govad rda shown in the video from a german youtuber. I will receive my VVM this week, can't wait to start experimenting with mesh, wire and coils

Top Bottom