Value for $$

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I wasn't going to waste any more time here, but wowthisisrmdoms comments about the digital display brought this website- Vaporizer Notes - to mind. I will share it anyway for other readers who are genuinely enquiring about this issue.

It's worth a look as it deconstructs a cheap simple vape and in the course of doing so reveals the ugly innards and discovers only 9 step settings for the heater- not the incremental degree precision that the digital display would have the user believe. Designs might have changed since, but as a case study example I think it's quite informative. :2c:

Short excerpt, note the warning;
Feature issues
-There are really only 9 heat settings, of which only 4 are within the range of interest.
-There is no feedback allowing the unit to actually know what the temperature is, so the knob settings are fairly meaningless
Electrical/mechanical integrity and hazard issues
-The heater connectors are incorrect, barely making a connection
-The heater rod is not fixed in place inside the glass tube
-The fuse holder is improperly mounted, likely to precipitate breakage and electrical hazard
-Health issues (apart from above hazards)
-The air supplied to the user is drawn from within the plastic box and travels over the electronics likely to pick up outgassing from the heated plastic and electronics.

Warning!
In the following article I disassemble the Easy Vape, and show it in operation while disassembled. DO NOT DO TRY THIS YOURSELF UNLESS YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO WORK ON LIVE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT!

Unlike most other consumer electronic equipment, the Easy Vape has the absolute crudest of non-isolated power supply circuity which causes all circuitry in the unit to be at around 120V AC, even the low-voltage circuitry such as the microprocessor and digital display. (Logic ground is floating a few volts DC below 120V AC). If you are equipped to investigate with an oscilloscope, DO NOT attach the scope ground (or yourself) to any point in the Easy Vape again, the circuitry is not isolated from the 120 VAC mains.

Heaps more useful info if you follow the link.

WatTyler,

crumply

wowthisisrandom said:
I can taste the difference between first cold pressed olive oil and crappy second rate olive oil from something like the 5th pressing. Maybe you can't, but that only shows my palate is more reformed than yours.
:2c:

Geez man, do you wipe your azz with corinthian leather? Seriously, how gullible can you be?

And, did having your palate reformed hurt much?

By the way, I've got some $7K anjou pear speaker wires I would like to sell you. They are very danceable, with great swing and pace. They really nailed that one.

crumply,

lwien

crumply said:
wowthisisrandom said:
I can taste the difference between first cold pressed olive oil and crappy second rate olive oil from something like the 5th pressing. Maybe you can't, but that only shows my palate is more reformed than yours.
:2c:

Seriously, how gullible can you be?

Seriously, how myopic and self-centered can you be? Who in the hell are you to judge the desires of others?

It would be different if you had some history here and brought up your opinions on this, but you started off this confrontation with your very first post, and you KNEW what you were doing with quotes like:

"I am not a dick'
"I do not want to step on anybody's toes"
"I guess I am a troll."

Funny that you called yourself out before anyone else did. :rolleyes:

lwien,

crumply

Of course I am trolling. It's the internet, how much more obvious can I be?

Thanks for the post, WatTyler, that was very useful and may have changed my mind.

And, do any of you have some thrice risen bread? My wife's reformed palate needs it to go with her decca pressed olive oil.

I'll be back -- I need to go visit my Sharper Image inverted toilet.

Modnote: Please review the forum rules. No trolling. Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't post for or the purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles and signatures.

crumply,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom