Using dynavap to vape rolling tobacco?

Kebo1923

No personal experience but I have heard issues regarding cap temp for tobacco. With anything there is a learning curve so if you want to learn how to heat for tobacco I expect this is an option.

Kebo1923,

Farid

The temperature the chamber is at when the cap clicks is not constant. If the cap is heated closer to the clicker it will click when the chamber is at a lower temperature than if heated farther from the clicker. It's quite a wide range, and certainly works for tobacco.

Farid,

Piruz

Gentlemen, take it from one of the most fussy people when it comes to getting their nicotine fix as well as their tobacco flavor, tobacco (dry leaves, no VG or PG or anything else) is absolutely vapable if you know how to heat and what kind of tobacco to vape. So far Virginia seems to work best. Even the amount of vapor is not as insignificant as people say once you get the hang of it. You get that warm, sweet and bready tobacco flavor/mouth feel that all smokers love, and the nicotine hit is much more noticeable (and yes, it feels just like smoked tobacco, just stronger) as well as the throat hit that we (smokers) all love and cherish.

For me it all comes down to my natural intolerance to vapor/steam (same thing with e-cigs, kinda why I'm still a smoker and not a vapor), which I am now seriously considering talking to a doctor about since I have managed to find the technology that works and the stuff I like but am still unable to make the switch due to this annoying but natural intolerance to vapor/steam.

Even so, I still can't resist the urge to vape tobacco every now and then because it quickly grows on you.

Piruz,
Reactions: Farid

Farid

@Piruz I think that the intolerance to vapor you describe is something people who switch from smoking experience with cannabis as well. It's very common for new vapers to cough a lot, and feel the vapor to be harsh. People who continue to smoke while making the transition often have the hardest time.

Have you made a clean break, and tried to muscle through the irritation you're experiencing? Or are you still smoking?

If you're able to go without smoking you might find that harshness goes away after a week or two of exclusively vaping. Best of luck!

@GoldenBud this is not the thread for that. If people want to quit nicotine they can make that thread. This is for discussing vaping tobacco.

DrJynx86

Vaping in layers, instead of mixing, cannabis and tobacco, might help, depending on the vape design, so cannabis gets vaporized first (closer to heater) and helps numbing the lungs and then the nicotine can be managed without the cough/asthma like symptoms.

DrJynx86,

Piruz

@Piruz I think that the intolerance to vapor you describe is something people who switch from smoking experience with cannabis as well. It's very common for new vapers to cough a lot, and feel the vapor to be harsh. People who continue to smoke while making the transition often have the hardest time.

Have you made a clean break, and tried to muscle through the irritation you're experiencing? Or are you still smoking?

If you're able to go without smoking you might find that harshness goes away after a week or two of exclusively vaping. Best of luck!

@GoldenBud this is not the thread for that. If people want to quit nicotine they can make that thread. This is for discussing vaping tobacco.

I don't cough or feel the vapor to be harsh at all (well, I thought it was harsh at first because of improper technique). When I inhale, I only feel a pleasant throat kick and warm smooth vapor in my lungs, but this after I had perfected my technique. The only problem is that feeling of the vapor staying in the lungs and clogging your chest, somehow, which is exactly the same feeling I get from e-cigs (I thought it was the VG or PG but now I know it's not).

I still smoke so no I haven't taken a break from combustion. I don't smoke at work, however, which means I'm usually clean for 10 to 11 hours on working days but as soon as I'm back home I be shaking and dying to take that first puff (smoke). If 11 hours is a good break, I can take my first puff from the DynVap and se how it feels? Sounds like a good idea even though I doubt it would work.

Piruz,

Piruz

Vaping in layers, instead of mixing, cannabis and tobacco, might help, depending on the vape design, so cannabis gets vaporized first (closer to heater) and helps numbing the lungs and then the nicotine can be managed without the cough/asthma like symptoms.
I don't do cannabis I'm only here to learn more about vaping tobacco.

Piruz,
Reactions: DrJynx86
Top Bottom