Using dynavap to vape rolling tobacco?

a001101010

Hi all, Im new here. I have read threads about vaping tobacco, and I am very interesting in trying it, I only smoke and vape e-cig before and have no experience using any kind of dry herb vaporizer.

I plan to buy dynavap 2021M and just gonna use it only for vaping tobacco. But am concern about if Ti tip is better? Metal or glass stem which is better for tobacco? Should I buy low temp cap? My budget is not very high and cant afford omni. So if Ti tip is better I have to buy tip and stem seperately. What combo do you recommend the most? Or just simply buy the M?

The tobacco I want to vape is like Amber leaf, Golden Virginia, Drum, Mac Baren Choice etc. Anyone have experience vaping these tobacco? Are they great if vaping?(Thoart hit, flavor, clouds wise...), Can I vape them straight out of the pack? Or should I dry them before vape? Cause these tobacco is moist. Any other tobacco you recommend to try?

Sorry English is not my first language. Thank you.

edit: Not quitting, just want a good replacement for smoking and e-cig.

Last edited:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Hi all, Im new here. I have read threads about vaping tobacco, and I am very interesting in trying it, I only smoke and vape e-cig before and have no experience using any kind of dry herb vaporizer.

I plan to buy dynavap 2021M and just gonna use it only for vaping tobacco. But am concern about if Ti tip is better? Metal or glass stem which is better for tobacco? Should I buy low temp cap? My budget is not very high and cant afford omni. So if Ti tip is better I have to buy tip and stem seperately. What combo do you recommend the most? Or just simply buy the M?

The tobacco I want to vape is like Amber leaf, Golden Virginia, Drum, Mac Baren Choice etc. Anyone have experience vaping these tobacco? Are they great if vaping?(Thoart hit, flavor, clouds wise...), Can I vape them straight out of the pack? Or should I dry them before vape? Cause these tobacco is moist. Any other tobacco you recommend to try?
Stopped using tobacco many, many moons ago so not much help with personal experience vaping tobacco. However, I do vape a number of different non cannabis legal herbs for their medicinal properties in DV’s and other pen style torch vapes as well as battery operated portables with success.

Moisture level should be similar to what you would want from a fresh pack of cigs or a good pouch of pipe tobacco. Any plant material too dry is harsh and unsatisfying to either smoke or vape.

Ti vs SS tip is a personal preference. Ti heats and cools faster, SS retains heat longer and offers a slightly different vape signature. Both materials work well.

If you enjoy the ritual of using a torch while you medicate, and money is tight then a DV could be a good choice. Another category of vapes to consider are battery operated portable vapes that provide a larger bowl, precise range of vaping temperatures etc. Definitely more discrete to use in public places. Options are always good.

Been using the portable battery vape in the video below with good results. The price should be close to the price of the DV with a Ti tip. Lots to like about this next generation, solidly built Starry 4 for the price. Good luck!

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
whats worst case they find you growing

Maybe OP lives somewhere that has harsher penalties than you. Who knows.

Op I seem to recall George from dynavap originally advertising the dynavap as a means for vaporizing tobacco. Heck, I seem to recall he even made a variation of the og for E-liquid. Albeit briefly

a001101010

I live in Taiwan, marijuana and amphetamines are listed as "second level" drugs (heroin, morphine and cocaine are "first level"), grow your own cannabis will sentenced to life imprisonment or imprisonment for ten years or more, and a fine of up to 500k usd may be imposed.

stinkytofus

I live in Taiwan, marijuana and amphetamines are listed as "second level" drugs (heroin, morphine and cocaine are "first level"), grow your own cannabis will sentenced to life imprisonment or imprisonment for ten years or more, and a fine of up to 500k usd may be imposed.
i was born in taiwan, yea they dont kid around with drugs

stinkytofus,

Piruz

Mine will hopefully arrive today. I have a feeling that given the very small bowl size of the DynaVap B, one would need very fine (if not powdered) tobacco in order to get something from it, the fact that (proper) vaporization is more efficient at extracting nicotine and flavor notwithstanding.

Piruz,

Piruz

Also ordered some Auld Kendal Dark which is probably the strongest (and one of the purest) rolling tobaccos over here in thr UK and I hope to test it out in a DynaVap. We'll see if all thr hype about vaporization efficiency is true ;)

Piruz,

a001101010

Mine will hopefully arrive today. I have a feeling that given the very small bowl size of the DynaVap B, one would need very fine (if not powdered) tobacco in order to get something from it, the fact that (proper) vaporization is more efficient at extracting nicotine and flavor notwithstanding.
Looking forward to your experience!

a001101010,

Farid

Powdered material is not ideal. The regular cut that the tobacco comes in is fine provided it's not something like flake pipe tobacco.

Dynavaps work well when you don't pack them tight. No need to tamp down material. If one bowl is not sufficient, you can just smoke another, or just get stronger tobacco.

Farid,
Reactions: Piruz

stinkytofus

you could fly to thailand 😂

stinkytofus,

Piruz

Powdered material is not ideal. The regular cut that the tobacco comes in is fine provided it's not something like flake pipe tobacco.

Dynavaps work well when you don't pack them tight. No need to tamp down material. If one bowl is not sufficient, you can just smoke another, or just get stronger tobacco.

Do you have a DynaVap B? The bowel is said yo be super small, suitable for concentrates. Mine will arrive tomorrow instead of today thanks to service issues.

I thought you had to wait for th bowel to cool down before you could pack it again? That's a long time between one hit and another!

Piruz,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Had lots of success vaporizing both rolling tobacco and Iranian 'dohka' tobacco - the latter being freaking awesome!

I used a dynavap but also the VapBong and MiniVap. You get really good extraction with a vapo and strong nicotine buzz as well.

I liked loading the MiniVap with 2/3 herb and 1/3 dokha in that giant bowl when right beside soundsystems at festivals. Dopamine maxxing ;D

deadlytoaster,

Piruz

Had lots of success vaporizing both rolling tobacco and Iranian 'dohka' tobacco - the latter being freaking awesome!

I used a dynavap but also the VapBong and MiniVap. You get really good extraction with a vapo and strong nicotine buzz as well.

I liked loading the MiniVap with 2/3 herb and 1/3 dokha in that giant bowl when right beside soundsystems at festivals. Dopamine maxxing ;D
You ever vaped straight Dokha or straight rolling tobacco without other herbs?

Piruz,

Farid

Do you have a DynaVap B? The bowel is said yo be super small, suitable for concentrates. Mine will arrive tomorrow instead of today thanks to service issues.

I thought you had to wait for th bowel to cool down before you could pack it again? That's a long time between one hit and another!

I use the small bowl setting on a TI tip, so it's more or less the same.

The cool down is hardly an issue, even with the stainless tips, because by the time you are done with a hit the bowl is nearly cool enough to remove the cap. Putting it on a surface like a magnet, metal or stone will speed this up to essentially no wait.

Farid,

Farid

It's tobacco, there won't be much for clouds without added pg/vg

Farid,

Piruz

Wait I remember someone on Reddit saying they got a nicotine rush even without visible clouds and that the first puff is always a flavor burst.... strange how this vaporization thing works....and yet people say it's the closest thing to smoking when it comes to the feeling of it in your mouth and lungs...hmmm

Piruz,
Top Bottom