US dept. of HHS recommends DEA list cannabis as 'schedule III' instead of 'schedule I' (DEA review will take 'months')

darbarikanada

The Department of Health and Human Services has recommended to the Drug Enforcement Administration that marijuana be reclassified as a lower-risk, Schedule III controlled substance, according to a person familiar with the recommendation who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the issue. Marijuana is currently a Schedule I controlled substance, deemed alongside heroin and LSD as having the potential for abuse and with little or no accepted medical use.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Thought you all would be interested 🙃

HHS Reportedly Calls On DEA To Reclassify Marijuana As Less Dangerous Drug

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Adobewan

Pinte

Really looking forward to this. In that schedule, doctors in all 50 states should be able to immediately prescribe marijuana for anything from headaches, to sleep issues and beyond. I would imagine a year or so later it will simply be descheduled with the majority of people who partake will all have lifetime prescriptions. I suppose some states may force people to buy from licensed dispensaries, but the end result is if your job drug tests you, and you have a prescription, they can go kick stones.

kid3

Really looking forward to this. In that schedule, doctors in all 50 states should be able to immediately prescribe marijuana for anything from headaches, to sleep issues and beyond. I would imagine a year or so later it will simply be descheduled with the majority of people who partake will all have lifetime prescriptions. I suppose some states may force people to buy from licensed dispensaries, but the end result is if your job drug tests you, and you have a prescription, they can go kick stones.
Marijuana drug testing should be removed altogether to avoid biases.

kid3,
Reactions: budski
Top Bottom