• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

UPS Scam and Arizer looking the other way

average_joe

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, sorry if I am not, I am very stressed right now.

I bought from many interntaional sellers this 420 and UPS and Arizer are making it a pain. I was a huge Arizer fan I am still a fan of the V Tower (one of the best budget desktop vapes imo), used to be a fan of their other vapes but the more I find about smaller sellers like Lamart, Rastabuddahtao, Stempod and the so many in this forum and reddit of DIY I felt dissapointed that after so many years in the industry theres so many options with better performance. Still I wanted a bag vape and theres not many options so I bought the XQ2.

Now, this is Arizer info about shipping:
"International orders are shipped from Canada. The customer is responsible for understanding the importation laws for their country. Arizer is not responsible for any items or packages that are stopped and/or seized by any appropriate jurisdiction and/or authority and will not reimburse for any packages that are stopped and/or seized. Import duties / Customs fees are not included in the product price or shipping & handling cost. Import duties / Customs fees may be collected upon delivery from the carriers for certain packages. These charges are the recipient’s responsibility as we are only charging the transportation fee for the packages. If you refuse to pay these fees your parcel will unfortunately be abandoned, not returned, and as such your order will not qualify for a refund. Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be."

-"Customs fees are not included in the product price or shipping & handling cost."- Arizer is saying there that Shipping and handling are paid in the cost but not the import, I am being charged both.

UPS is charging me $50 USD for handling costs, that goes against the laws as there are no other fees on top of the import fees (that I am happy to pay) according to the law and I talked to customs already. The thing is that UPS claims in their website that they can overcharge whenever they feel like, I told them I need to know why are they charging me with this fee and they sent me a link of the chilean customs website, in that website theres nothing about handling fees (and I called customs also), but I feel like UPS is trying to show like that fee is according to the law by sending the charges again and posting the customs website next to it.

So I want to warn ppl to be careful with UPS (I noticed that no one likes UPS according to their ratings, wish I knew) and also be careful with Arizer as they just sent me again and again the same info I posted at the start, I told them that it has nothing to do with understanding the laws, that they need to understand that UPS is doing a massive Scam but they just sent the same info again, when I told them that I was being also charged extra import because the shipping wasnt free as they claim and customs fees are 26% for the shipping fee (and 26% for the item) they just didnt replied about that. Also Arizer told me that if I dont pay UPS will keep the item and I will get no refund and if I get UPS to send it back I have to pay $65 USD for shipping and customs (on top of me paying the return shipping), but the shipping was only $35 USD and there are no import charges for returns as far as I know (might be different in Canada).

I loved Arizer but this is the end for me with them for not understanding they are supporting a scam, sadly Chile is very corrupted and UPS is taking advantage of that.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

I just received my Air Max yesterday. I paid UPS over $100 for the VAT and who knows what.

There was no breakdown of the fees I had to pay UPS. I too feel taken advantage of.

sickmanfraud,

average_joe

After making a lot of noise, Arizer said they would give me back the money once I paid for it. Will see what happens.

I just received my Air Max yesterday. I paid UPS over $100 for the VAT and who knows what. There was no breakdown of the fees I had to pay UPS. I too feel taken advantage of.
I just received my Air Max yesterday. I paid UPS over $100 for the VAT and who knows what.

There was no breakdown of the fees I had to pay UPS. I too feel taken advantage of.
Arizer gave me a bit of money back and told me that they are looking into it. Ups told me Arizer is the one not paying the full price, just shipping to the country and that would be why UPS has to charge extra.

average_joe,

average_joe

Hello to everyone who read this post. Everything came to an end with Arizer giving me back the money UPS was asking for, I asked Arizer to say in their website that the carrier might charge additional fees, not sure if they will as they told me that the charge from UPS was within the law, this is not true as I was told by Chilean customs, it is a gap in the law that UPS is exploiting in a corrupted country, I made a way bigger purchase of 4 vapes from Arizer in Australia and UPS charged me nothing there. UPS Chile said that Arizer only paid for delivery but not for them to do the Customs so they did not paid the shipping in full, this is a huge scam from UPS as by law anything under $3.000 usd that does not require special documentation, doesn't requiere a customs broker and goes right in and if any documents are required the receiver has to send them to the private courier, but UPS is cashing $30usd and up for anything they deliver in Chile. I can't do a legal process against UPS as I don't have any contract or business relation with them, my bank gave me back the money right away as for the Chilean law Arizer was doing fraud, I called my bank and stopped the claim after Arizer paid me. So in the end thanks Arizer for giving back the money but it was sad it took so much for them to do something, not sure if will buy from them again if they keep using ups.

Stay away from ups!.

cosimo

Hello to everyone who read this post. Everything came to an end with Arizer giving me back the money UPS was asking for, I asked Arizer to say in their website that the carrier might charge additional fees, not sure if they will as they told me that the charge from UPS was within the law, this is not true as I was told by Chilean customs, it is a gap in the law that UPS is exploiting in a corrupted country, I made a way bigger purchase of 4 vapes from Arizer in Australia and UPS charged me nothing there. UPS Chile said that Arizer only paid for delivery but not for them to do the Customs so they did not paid the shipping in full, this is a huge scam from UPS as by law anything under $3.000 usd that does not require special documentation, doesn't requiere a customs broker and goes right in and if any documents are required the receiver has to send them to the private courier, but UPS is cashing $30usd and up for anything they deliver in Chile. I can't do a legal process against UPS as I don't have any contract or business relation with them, my bank gave me back the money right away as for the Chilean law Arizer was doing fraud, I called my bank and stopped the claim after Arizer paid me. So in the end thanks Arizer for giving back the money but it was sad it took so much for them to do something, not sure if will buy from them again if they keep using ups.

Stay away from ups!.
The same happens in Colombia with FedEx, DHL and UPS. Thieves

Top Bottom