"Upgrading from the solo" vs "upgrading the solo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
They are 12 volt so portable with a battery pack or other 12V power source, So they are portable in the same way the vapolution 2 can be. Can't put it in pants pockets but it can go with you.
I paid $187 for my VAPOLUTION 2 with a bunch of accessories.

With a SOLO, NANO, VAP2 and a BENDER I don't need another vaporizer.

The UNDERDOG is very nice.
You must have a hard time walking with Balls so large?

I'm scared to death to vaporize in public!

At home only!

I use the SOLO the most because it's so easy!
The BENDER is better than all vaporizers know to man.
However very few people know how to use it!
Plus it's more wasteful than a SOLO.
Glad I have one!

Last edited:

cawshook

Solod out.
I have a solo and I dont even touch it anymore. Nano blows it out of the water, and its just not small enough for me to work as a "portable". It will be sold.
That being said, I'd probably go with a nano and a very cheap bubbler like the d020 and upgrade the glass later.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have a solo and I dont even touch it anymore. Nano blows it out of the water, and its just not small enough for me to work as a "portable". It will be sold.
That being said, I'd probably go with a nano and a very cheap bubbler like the d020 and upgrade the glass later.
The NANO is a all around good vaporizer.

Not the best however pretty close.
If the VAPOLUTION was smaller and paired better with water tools they would increase their popularity.

The NANO is a water machine.
I like it better than the SOLO however the SOLO in the garden gets the job done. When I add some electrical plugs to my garden the NANO will get more use.

Technical Difficulties!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Tempted as I am, I'm not going to get into the "which vape is best" discussion this is turning into.

But, don't lie to yourself. There are definitely vapes out there that are much better than the solo at some things (and some that don't come close). The solo is a nice vape that does what it is supposed to pretty well with its own pros & cons. But depending on what you're looking for, vaping can get much better than that! Especially if you don't want to inhale green crumbs or suck your lungs inside out from restricted airflow.

Max already said it much better than I can, but still haven't seen an answer.... what is it you're looking for? If you don't qualify your question, any thread is bound to turn into a "this vape is better than that" one.

Unfortunately - THERE IS NO PERFECT VAPORIZOR! If there was, we'd all have one and FC would be pretty much one thread.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Tempted as I am, I'm not going to get into the "which vape is best" discussion this is turning into.

But, don't lie to yourself. There are definitely vapes out there that are much better than the solo at some things (and some that don't come close). The solo is a nice vape that does what it is supposed to pretty well with its own pros & cons. But depending on what you're looking for, vaping can get much better than that! Especially if you don't want to inhale green crumbs or suck your lungs inside out from restricted airflow.

Max already said it much better than I can, but still haven't seen an answer.... what is it you're looking for? If you don't qualify your question, any thread is bound to turn into a "this vape is better than that" one.
"IKR"!

Caligula

Maximus
I'm in the same boat as you. I upgraded my solo to PVgong and im getting decent milk. Then I seen a video of e-nano (desktop) with bubbler and it produced huge thick milky clouds. Now I see rudeboy saying UD out performs the SOLO. Seeing that makes me want to add some new pieces to my collection.

So I'm thinking e-nano or UD. Still need to look into vaplution on youtube.

You shouldn't look at the videos under the link in my signature then.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
You shouldn't look at the videos under the link in my signature then.

LMAO!!! We all know what anybody who makes it through all of them is going to buy next!

I can't watch any more because of the EFS. Gets my GAS twitching every time, and that puppy just ain't in the budget right now.

olivianewtonjohn

Packing a bowl on the solo isn't too convenient, and I end up spilling each time (unlike the mflb/palm2.0). I mean, yeah, technically this thing is a 'portable' vape, but the way it is, i'm never gonna take it outside for a couple of hits.

That part sticks out to me. What are you doing to spill the stem? How are you loading it? I dont spill

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
onj, sounds like a very fine grind if you suck it through a screen, even without ss screens I don't pull bits through until I disturb a half roasted bowl unless I have my herb ground down fine for the magic flight or palm.

tqbf

I do vape a very very fine grind, but thats only because I've got a half or super lemon haze that's a bit dried up and crumbly (still is some A grade stuff).

Yeah, i know how to put herb in a straw, its just that when I'm doing it outdoors, (put it on a folded business card and slide it into the stem, then press with pinkie) i typically end up spilling some. I know I could be more careful, but considering i'm gonna be high, I'd rather have something that either doesn't require me to be careful, or lets me do the careful work before hand (like the pinnacle pro).

I'm not getting the pinnacle pro, though. Build quality of a 60$ vape.

What I'm kinda going towards is getting two of those stealth stems and two rubber caps. I could pre load them with bud before I go out, I don't think 3 bowls would ever be less than sufficient for me.

grokit

well-worn member
One thing that I like about the firefly is the relative simplicity of not having to keep track of additional small parts if I want to vape when out and about, unlike say the pnp with its bullets and caps, or the solo with the stems. I can improve my firefly experience with an additional top screen, but it's not at all necessary, fits right inside the unit's bowl, and it's no biggie if I lose track of it because it's just a generic screen.

grokit,
Reactions: ataxian

olivianewtonjohn

onj, sounds like a very fine grind if you suck it through a screen, even without ss screens I don't pull bits through until I disturb a half roasted bowl unless I have my herb ground down fine for the magic flight or palm.
I think its not very fine grind its from the SCS 4 piece. I think what happens @Caligula pointed out is my loading technique breaks down the material. Another thing is I go through a tenth to eighth like every month or sometimes more so getting dry with my loading the stem=fine grind

But its good to know that freshly ground fluffy material from the SCS shouldnt get through the screen. I have been watching the solo thread for many 100's of pages but you can always learn something new

tqbf

You don't use Jyarz? I've had those keep my pre-ground herb fresh and moist for over a month.

Isn't dry(er) weed better for vaping?

Jyarz is tiny. I'd need something that at least holds half an ounce of bud.

BTW, do you guys know of any good alternatives to the 'tic tac' box? Basically kinda like a smaller portable jar that has a small convenient 'dispenser' to easily pack the bowl?

Yeah, i know this thread has gone way off topic. We can keep talking tho :)

tqbf,

Caligula

Maximus
Isn't dry(er) weed better for vaping?

Jyarz is tiny. I'd need something that at least holds half an ounce of bud.

BTW, do you guys know of any good alternatives to the 'tic tac' box? Basically kinda like a smaller portable jar that has a small convenient 'dispenser' to easily pack the bowl?

Yeah, i know this thread has gone way off topic. We can keep talking tho :)

• I was actually talking to ONJ, but that's cool.
  • Jyarz will be releasing larger size containers this month.
  • Dry herb isn't better. You want a well cured herb which is between moist and dry.
  • If you pre-grind, it would only take 3 jyarz to store a half oz.
  • The Jyarz are a good alternative to your Tic-Tac box.

Caligula,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

tqbf

• I was actually talking to ONJ, but that's cool.
  • Jyarz will be releasing larger size containers this month.
  • Dry herb isn't better. You want a well cured herb which is between moist and dry.
  • If you pre-grind, it would only take 3 jyarz to store a half oz.
  • The Jyarz are a good alternative to your Tic-Tac box.
I read somewhere that if storing for mid-long term, its best to not break or grind your bud.

tqbf,

tqbf

And by the tictac box, i meant having an easy 'dispenser' of weed. Yeah, the jyarz does do a good job of that, but not as good as a tic tac box (I'm just talking about leaving in the morning with a day's worth of weed, not long term.)

tqbf,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Those little amber one dram and two dram bottles OF always speaks of work great.
Just google one dram amber jar or a search on amazon or of the same term ebay and you'll find 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom