Upgrading from a Stempod. Still new to vaping.

MLBxxMLB

I originally got a Stempod SI after recommendations from a friend who also have me a mod so it was a cheap way to try out vaping herb. It works well and has made me want to jump into vaping so I guess it worked.

I’m now looking to upgrade to a battery powered vape, something even more convenient than the Stempod as I still don’t have that mastered.After watching a bunch of videos and reviews this is sort of my list, but any others you’d recommend would help too.

I am leaning toward the Solo 2 since it will be for home use and seems the easiest to clean. POTV One is appealing due to size and cheap. Price range is under $150.

I am a light user so the main complaint of the Solo 2 being slower at extraction doesn’t really bother me.

Arizer Solo II - $125 (skinny version, only comes with charger and long stem) I don’t think I need a second stem or the belt case.

Boundless CFX - $115

Boundless Tera - $136.50

DaVinci Miqro - $92

POTV One - $99/$109 w/$15 GC

Xmax Starry V3 -

MLBxxMLB,
Reactions: arb

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I am a light user so the main complaint of the Solo 2 being slower at extraction doesn’t really bother me.
What do you mean by light user? Are you looking for light vapour? Small loads? Both? I believe those are all session vapes so it's ideal to vape it entirely in one go. Look at the Dynavap m it's a small load butane on demand vape, it can produce light vapour or quite dense hits depending on how you torch it. Has a load size of .1 but can have a kick like a mule. It's basically a top tear vape at a budget price and probably outperforms most if not all of the vapes you listed. If using a torch puts you off you can get a induction heater for it but I would start with the torch and see if you like the vape if you do a IH will only make it better. I have other more expensive vapes that I use but pretty much still use my Dynavap daily

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Maybe a Fury Edge with a hula stem for home use. The tight draw resistance of the Solo II always bugged me.

bossman,

Summer

Long Island, NY
As for the CFX, the draw resistance IMO is horrendous; it's like puffing on a pipe --tight mouth pulls rather than true inhalation. They have the CFX2 coming out supposedly this year.

POTV One is fine & will serve it's purpose. So will the Fury Edge 2 that bossman recommended. Essentially the same vape with a few more enhancements in the FE2.

And from what I know of the Tera, it is best used through water because dry hits are harsh. Supposedly, through water, hits like a beast.

Summer,

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I have many complaints about boundless im stuck in what I call the tera loop from warranty. When it works its great. I own(ed) 3 of those i would give the the FE2 a try. I almost bought one the other day to check it out seems solid.

Owned cfx, and own tera currentyly waiting my 4th one. One was faulty out of box other 2 starting turning off and on by themselves seems to be an issue mentioned on reddit a few times on a quick search I did. The cfx chamber cracked in two days? The Miqro is alright but way different than all the rest you asked about

Last edited:
iDRINKBLEACH,

MLBxxMLB

What do you mean by light user? Are you looking for light vapour? Small loads? Both? I believe those are all session vapes so it's ideal to vape it entirely in one go. Look at the Dynavap m it's a small load butane on demand vape, it can produce light vapour or quite dense hits depending on how you torch it. Has a load size of .1 but can have a kick like a mule. It's basically a top tear vape at a budget price and probably outperforms most if not all of the vapes you listed. If using a torch puts you off you can get a induction heater for it but I would start with the torch and see if you like the vape if you do a IH will only make it better. I have other more expensive vapes that I use but pretty much still use my Dynavap daily

Light as in, less, not as much. Smaller dosage. I’ve looked at the dynavap since it’s cheap, but the torch makes it less convenient than I’d like. It’s still an option though I’ve changed my mind several times.

MLBxxMLB,

MLBxxMLB

As for the CFX, the draw resistance IMO is horrendous; it's like puffing on a pipe --tight mouth pulls rather than true inhalation. They have the CFX2 coming out supposedly this year.

POTV One is fine & will serve it's purpose. So will the Fury Edge 2 that bossman recommended. Essentially the same vape with a few more enhancements in the FE2.

And from what I know of the Tera, it is best used through water because dry hits are harsh. Supposedly, through water, hits like a beast.

I thought it was the other way around with the One being a sightly updated version of the Fury 2. I read that it now has a titanium bowl and something to do with some of the stems not going into the bowl which lowered capacity.

MLBxxMLB,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
With the Dynavap 2020 m you can even adjust the bowl to half .05 but you can pack a little less. It's on demand so you're free to take a single hit whenever the mood strikes which makes it a able micro doser and kinda in a league of its own. If the torch is a new go and you don't want to immediately pick up a IH to go with it the only other budget friendly vape I can think of off hand is the v leaf go, it's a small load battery powered on demand vape that also has a session mode

Bad Dog,

MLBxxMLB

With the Dynavap 2020 m you can even adjust the bowl to half .05 but you can pack a little less. It's on demand so you're free to take a single hit whenever the mood strikes which makes it a able micro doser and kinda in a league of its own. If the torch is a new go and you don't want to immediately pick up a IH to go with it the only other budget friendly vape I can think of off hand is the v leaf go, it's a small load battery powered on demand vape that also has a session mode

I mainly just don’t like the process involved with the dynavap. I know people love it, but for me keeping a torch around for it just seems like a hassle.

I like how affordable it is, but I’m willing to spend a bit more for something more convenient like the Solo 2. Its larger, but for a fairly beginner like me it’s simplicity is the selling point.

MLBxxMLB,

arb

Semi shaved ape
What exactly is the issue you are having with the si?
I ask because when used right the si is way above all the mentioned vapes in every category and checks all your requirements.
🤔

Bazinga

Had the Solo II. Sold it. Great vaporizer, but I detested the draw resistance,

Bazinga,

MLBxxMLB

What exactly is the issue you are having with the si?
I ask because when used right the si is way above all the mentioned vapes in every category and checks all your requirements.
🤔

Mostly uneven heating with any wattage setting. Center hotspot, with edges still green around the hotspot sometimes quite charred in the middle and a couple combustions. I also adjusted the coils a bit, spread them out, pushed them closer together after suggestions from others online. I am going to order some temp control coils and try that as well.

Part of it is also the mod I have. It was given to me by a friend who vapes eliquids and some batteries. That’s why I went with the Stempod since it was the cheapest option to get into vaping flower. Problem is only one of the batteries holds any charge and the mod itself is a bit faulty. So long term I’d need to buy a new mod and batteries. For now I’d rather use that money to get something mor convenient.

It got my foot in the door which was great. It works and solves my main complaints with smoking, but so far hasn’t been ideal. I’m fine investing in something that makes everything more simple. It may end up being a hand me down anyways since other friends are interested in vaping. They also have only smoked.

MLBxxMLB,

arb

Semi shaved ape
Gotcha I loved the original solo they are like a hundred bucks and function like the solo 2.
They are also more durable than the 2.
I used a heavier,larger gauge coil in the stempod and those problems went away.
The smaller mass of the skinny wire could not hold the heat without scorching.
Good luck I started with just one vape also now........they just keep coming.
😏

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I originally got a Stempod SI after recommendations from a friend who also have me a mod so it was a cheap way to try out vaping herb. It works well and has made me want to jump into vaping so I guess it worked.

I’m now looking to upgrade to a battery powered vape, something even more convenient than the Stempod as I still don’t have that mastered.After watching a bunch of videos and reviews this is sort of my list, but any others you’d recommend would help too.

I am leaning toward the Solo 2 since it will be for home use and seems the easiest to clean. POTV One is appealing due to size and cheap. Price range is under $150.

Arizer Solo II - $125 (skinny version, only comes with charger and long stem) I don’t think I need a second stem or the belt case.

Boundless CFX - $115

Boundless Tera - $136.50

DaVinci Miqro - $92

POTV One - $99/$109 w/$15 GC

Xmax Starry V3 -
Just a heads up there's a solo2 in the classifieds

MLBxxMLB

Had the Solo II. Sold it. Great vaporizer, but I detested the draw resistance,

That was actually something I liked in reviews. With the Stempod I was getting the best results with the vent barely open and what fet like fairly high draw resistance. I didn’t like the feel with the vent open past about 15%. Could be specific to the Stempod and I’d hate the resistance from the solo 2 though.

Just a heads up there's a solo2 in the classifieds

I saw that one and also checked on reddit. For some reason I’d really rather buy a new vape, which is different from most other things where I usually prefer used like PC components. I know cleaning it should get rid of anything from the previous owner, but still feels strange to me since it’s such a personal device.

Top Bottom