Unregulated tube/box with 510 like Imp or Glow ?

GI

Hi,
I would like to ask if is safe to use unregulated box or tube with 510 vaporizer if not, how it's possible to be safe, like battery quality, change and adapt coils ohm ? etc etc...
Nomad, Milana....are all unregulated box right ?

i would like to use this in photo with impcognito match very well :-)

Attachments

• IMG_20201209_183438.jpg
    IMG_20201209_183438.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20201209_183534.jpg
    IMG_20201209_183534.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20201209_183614.jpg
    IMG_20201209_183614.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 8
GI,

badbee

The makers of unregulated vapes have to very carefully tune the resistance of the heater to ensure it works well in the 3.7 to 4.0 voltage range of a medium charged battery cell. Coils designed to work with a regulated mod typically have a lower resistance and aren't well suited to unregulated. Is it safe, not really no, but everyone's idea of safe is different. Using a button top battery would be much safer because they automatically cut out when under charged.

This could be done, be cautious, test thoroughly...

badbee,
Reactions: GI

GI

Yes maybe not a thing to put in my pocket, i used years ago with stom cotton and liquid for big clouds but i read about safety later 🙃 maybe i try but will be cery difficult to use it i presume.
But, what beed for better safety a mosfet it's enough ? A part a good construction snd battery. What is a button top battery ?

GI,

badbee

A mosfet is usually used as an isolator between the high powered part of a circuit (heater) and the low powered part (controller circuit board). There isn't really any role for it in an unregulated vape, there is nothing for the mosfet to protect. A button top battery is a cell with a little bit of extra circuitry added to make it safer, typically used in flashlights and not in vapes (which have their own built-in protections). This is a case where button top would be significantly safer and they are only a couple of dollars more to buy. Button tops are slightly longer so the device has to be made for one kind of cell or the other.

badbee,
Reactions: GI
Top Bottom