Unicorn Hunt????

If you'll indulge an almost elderly pothead....

I have been burning flowers since 1980, caught the vape bug for dry flower a year ago (smoking got too harsh for my aging lungs) and bought and use daily an Arizer Solo2. LOVE IT! However, you youngsters have managed to elevate the cannabis game whilst I was floating along in ignorance. Y'all have readily available concentrates!!!! But I'm way too old to spend years getting a PhD in concentrates.

I'd like to try some of the now-available 510 carts and some THCa diamonds (dabs, yes?) I need vaporizer advice.

I don't care too much what it costs, but I'd like a battery powered pen type rig suitable for carts and dabs. Does this unicorn exist???

Portable (not necessarily pocket size) please
Prefer 2-3 hit loads. Not into large sessions.
Non harsh is a must! Hacking up a lung is the opposite of what I'm looking for.
I'm trying not to have to buy multiple vaporizers, but if I must.....

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Seek out live rosin (not resin). It is solvent-less concentrate.
Can be dabbed, comes in 510 carts and all-in-one pens (disposables).
I use a battery (Yocan, with adjustable voltage, since low is the way to go) for carts and a Terp Pen for my occasional dab type experience.
About a hundred bucks would get one of each of these devices, and let you try this stuff out...

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
If you'll indulge an almost elderly pothead....

I have been burning flowers since 1980, caught the vape bug for dry flower a year ago (smoking got too harsh for my aging lungs) and bought and use daily an Arizer Solo2. LOVE IT! However, you youngsters have managed to elevate the cannabis game whilst I was floating along in ignorance. Y'all have readily available concentrates!!!! But I'm way too old to spend years getting a PhD in concentrates.

I'd like to try some of the now-available 510 carts and some THCa diamonds (dabs, yes?) I need vaporizer advice.

I don't care too much what it costs, but I'd like a battery powered pen type rig suitable for carts and dabs. Does this unicorn exist???

Portable (not necessarily pocket size) please
Prefer 2-3 hit loads. Not into large sessions.
I'm trying not to have to buy multiple vaporizers, but if I must.....

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
Well @OleDopeDawg that's a lot of parameters for one device. First off, welcome to the forum. There are a lot of us here that are not spring chickens.

I've been thinking of the best way to advise you. There are ways of having an all in one, but it would require the use of a mod battery pack with an interface that you would need to fiddle with the settings; wattage, resistance, temp settings. It doesn't sound like this is what you want.

For more plug and play, all I can recommend it what I've used the most. Everyone has different favorites. My advice is cheap and relates to my experiences.

A cartridge pen is just your pre-loaded cart of choice and a small battery. Small, pocketable, discreet. Easy to use at the park or by the bedside. Yocan makes a couple good cheap models that you can lower or raise the temp and strength of your hits.
Small yet stable- https://lighterusa.com/collections/yocan/products/yocan-uni-pro-universal-portable-box-mod
One of the smallest for max discretion- https://lighterusa.com/collections/yocan/products/yocan-kodo-pro-cartridge-battery

For a small pen that is load as you go. In my mind this is something that is still being perfected. Hotter hits are tough to avoid for the conveinence:
Older technology with coils, a steady producer for the need of quick hits. Flavor can suffer, cheap and handy https://bndlstech.com/products/terp-pen
Good quality in a small dab cup. Good flavor, can be harsh https://ineedhemp.com/product/lightning-pen-stainless-steel-diffuser-for-concentrates/
Some people like them, some question the quality. I've not tried one https://www.puffco.com/products/puffco-plus

I think a good basic erig setup would serve you well for around the house. So easy to use, great tasting hits, cool on the throat, and not very expensive. Too large to put in your pocket and walk the streets (for that I'd use the cart pen or terp pen). It's the rig I use everyday and always recommend to others, especially those starting out is the Core 2. I don't work for them. I just love this little unit.

Food for thought. Enjoy!

edit: Ha, @vapviking beat me to it!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, vapviking.
I've seen live rosin carts, and I'm sure I'll try many different options as far as 510 carts go... After perusing this forum quite a bit, and a little more refined searching (including terp pens).... let me see if I can get this right. A 510 battery (a better one with voltage/temp control) can operate carts, and I see some attachments that transform a 510 battery into a dab rig. Or am I fulla shiz?

Is there any difference between a vape pen, a wax pen, and a dab pen?

Well @OleDopeDawg that's a lot of parameters for one device. First off, welcome to the forum. There are a lot of us here that are not spring chickens.

I've been thinking of the best way to advise you. There are ways of having an all in one, but it would require the use of a mod battery pack with an interface that you would need to fiddle with the settings; wattage, resistance, temp settings. It doesn't sound like this is what you want.

For more plug and play, all I can recommend it what I've used the most. Everyone has different favorites. My advice is cheap and relates to my experiences.

A cartridge pen is just your pre-loaded cart of choice an a small battery. Small, pocketable, discreet. Easy to use at the park or by the bedside. Yocan makes a couple good cheap models that you can lower or raise the amount the temp and strength of your hits.
Small yet stable- https://lighterusa.com/collections/yocan/products/yocan-uni-pro-universal-portable-box-mod
One of the smallest for max discretion- https://lighterusa.com/collections/yocan/products/yocan-kodo-pro-cartridge-battery

For a small pen that is load as you go. In my mind this is something that is still being perfected. Hotter hits are tough to avoid for the conveinence:
Older technology with coils, a steady producers for the need of quick hits. Flavor can suffer, cheap and handy https://bndlstech.com/products/terp-pen
Good quality in a small dab cup. Good flavor, can be harsh https://ineedhemp.com/product/lightning-pen-stainless-steel-diffuser-for-concentrates/
Some people like them, some question the quality. I've not tried one https://www.puffco.com/products/puffco-plus

I think a good basic erig setup would serve you well for around the house. So easy to use, great tasting hits and not very expensive. Too large to put in your pocket and walk the streets (for that I'd use the cart pen or terp pen). The rig I use everyday and always recommend to others, especially those starting out is the Core 2. I don't work for them. I just love this little unit.

Food for thought. Enjoy!

edit: Ha, @vapviking beat me to it!
Thanks for the reply BFFinster. I will look into your recommendations, and I really appreciate it!

You are right, I am looking for relatively simple. Setup, use, cleaning, etc. Like I said, I love my Solo2. Concealment is not really a need; I tend to indulge at home or at a friend's house. I just didn't want a honking huge volcano sitting on my desk - stuck.

By nature, I like an all-in-one solution. :) But it's ok if I have to use separate products.

Thanks again!

BabyFacedFinster

Thanks for the reply BFFinster. I will look into your recommendations, and I really appreciate it!

You are right, I am looking for relatively simple. Setup, use, cleaning, etc. Like I said, I love my Solo2. Concealment is not really a need; I tend to indulge at home or at a friend's house. I just didn't want a honking huge volcano sitting on my desk - stuck.

By nature, I like an all-in-one solution. :) But it's ok if I have to use separate products.

Thanks again!
Here's a good review for the Core 2. If you decide on it, Thankyou10 will give your 10% off at Divine Tribe's site.

Be well!

BabyFacedFinster,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
By nature, I like an all-in-one solution.

Many of us did, a wish….
Like most products, the ones that try too do more then one thing well fall under the old saying:
“Jack of all trades, master of none”.

Use inexpensive cart batteries, if you like concentrates, you can eventually, after researching on FC of course as it’s free, then you could go desktop rig later.

I keep my Dry herb devices separate, and you would have to define what you may be interested in as there are so many. Babyface gave some good tips.

BabyFacedFinster

Most nowadays have the 3 step VV too. Low, med, high. I never feel the need for the higher two (harsh). Sometimes good in a pinch if battery is getting low though.

One of the nice things about both Yocans I listed is they are step adjustable. I think the kodo goes down to 2v and the Uni pro drops to 1.8v. Even if they're off a bit the hits are relatively cool for a cart. Carts can be a bit harsh on the throat. I prefer the kodo right now because it doesn't use a mag adapter. I used to think the magnetic attachments were cool, but now they are just a pain in the ass with making contact.
I also stay away from auto draw pens with no button. Makes it impossible to clear a clogged cart.

edit: I wanted to add that I'm using carts less and less these days. I just worry about what you are breathing in through those cart devices. They are good in a pinch, but lately I've been carrying a Terp pen around with a little dab jar. Not as convenient, but the hits are smoother.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks for the reply, vapviking.
I've seen live rosin carts, and I'm sure I'll try many different options as far as 510 carts go... After perusing this forum quite a bit, and a little more refined searching (including terp pens).... let me see if I can get this right. A 510 battery (a better one with voltage/temp control) can operate carts, and I see some attachments that transform a 510 battery into a dab rig. Or am I fulla shiz?

Is there any difference between a vape pen, a wax pen, and a dab pen?
For 510 carts you can use an inexpensive battery that has some amount of "temp" cotrol (=voltage) like the ones mentioned already. Yes, there are 510 devices that do dabs (Sai) and some that do dry herbs (RBT Splinter, discontinued) but those use more sophisticated, more powerful 510 batteries (box mods). Different enough so as to be called a separate device.
Vape pen more typically denotes an oils device.
Wax pen and dab pen mean about the same thing, I think? Ha!

And, by the way, we old guys had our concentrates way back when. Hashish and kief!

I prefer the kodo right now because it doesn't use a mag adapter. I used to think the magnetic attachments were cool, but now they are just a pain in the ass with making contact. I also stay away from auto draw pens with no button. Makes it impossible to clear a clogged cart.
Great info! Thanks!

I see some mods available for the UNI Pro that turn it in to a dab vape like I was thinking of... but that Core eRig looks cool AF... but it seems a little large. I think I'm going to have to do a little more research, but you've given me some very helpful pointers.

I have a couple of carts and a cheepo battery arriving tomorrow. My 1st concentrates! (other than some crappy bubble hash in the early 80s) I'll at least get an idea of where to go after that.

I'll prob go with one of the Yocan's mentioned, and wind up with some kind of dedicated dab pen. We'll see....

TedJones

Oh, the Cylo might interest you as well ;)
Yocan recently launched the Cylo wax pen. This wax pen uses an upgraded version of the C4-DE Plus heating element. Its appearance is combined with a high-definition digital display to provide various function options and numerical displays. The following will introduce you to the Yocan Cylo wax pen in detail.
The main components of Yocan Cylo are: the 1300 mAh battery, upgraded C4-DE Plus coil, 0.96-inch TFT display, food-grade silicone nozzle, and multiple function buttons.
Yocan-Cylo-wax-vaporizer.webp

Cylo portable concentrate vaporizer body shell is made of high-quality zinc alloy and plastic. Create a smart Cylo wax pen with high-quality metal texture. The upgraded C4-DE Plus heating coil has a larger capacity and can hold more concentrates. The heating efficiency is faster and the amount of steam produced is greater.
The 0.96-inch TFT display can accurately display the remaining power, voltage, working time, and other parameters of the Cylo wax pen. Various function displays such as mode selection make smoking more convenient and faster, and help you understand Yocan Cylo comprehensively and quickly.
1300 mAh large-capacity battery supports ultra-long battery life. Effectively reduce charging times. It provides a lanyard port, making it a must-have portable vaporizer for travel.
The above content introduces some functions of the Yocan Cylo concentrate vaporizer. If you want to know more features, please visit the Yocan official website.
Related Articles
Yocan CBD Vaporizer Black Friday Giveaway Winner List
Meet Yocan at MJBizCon Booth 9027
Celebrate Thanksgiving and Black Friday with Yocan Vaporizer Manufacturer

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I have a Tribal Uni Pro Ark, which is essentially rebranded Uni Pro 2.0 but comes with three magnetic adapters (vs one). They sell them in Canada and at the time it was cheaper than getting the Yocan version in the US (~$35 including shipping).

I think I'd prefer to not have to use the adapters, but having three is nice for swapping different carts quickly.

Good luck!

Last edited:
And, by the way, we old guys had our concentrates way back when. Hashish and kief!

Yeah, I had some pretty bad bubble hash and some tolerable hash oil back in the 80s. I collected kief once on a black glass plate under a screen in my stash box. When times got hard, I'd catch a hit or two off that. Damn, whatta buzz!
edit: I wanted to add that I'm using carts less and less these days. I just worry about what you are breathing in through those cart devices. They are good in a pinch, but lately I've been carrying a Terp pen around with a little dab jar. Not as convenient, but the hits are smoother.
Thanks again! I have a very strong suspicion that I'll wind up doing that as well. Convenience is not a huge priority, but smooth is a must. I was just about to give up herb for good when I discovered the Solo2.

Yeah, I had some pretty bad bubble hash and some tolerable hash oil back in the 80s. I collected kief once on a black glass plate under a screen in my stash box. When times got hard, I'd catch a hit or two off that. Damn, whatta buzz!

Thanks again! I have a very strong suspicion that I'll wind up doing that as well. Convenience is not a huge priority, but smooth is a must. I was just about to give up herb for good when I discovered the Solo2.
Annnnnd..... OK.... got a couple of carts today with a cheepo batt and D@MN. A couple of tiny rips had me baked like I haven't been in decades. I'm talking charcoal briquettes. Gotta learn to control the dose for sure! I see what you mean @BabyFacedFinster. Definitely harsher than I expected. I have a feeling I'll be dabs only soon.

OTOH, I also got a little THCa flower that was better than the average green I've been getting for the last several years. What an amazing new era for cannabis!

darbarikanada

I have 2 pens (linx hypnos, crossing tech lightning). as people have posted, harsh hits are a feature of short vapor paths, which all pens have. I mostly use concentrates. my go-to is my mighty; its cooling unit makes the vapor much cooler than the pens'. for better flavor I vape at low temps; for big hits I go hotter. the flavor's better in a (dry) bong with a banger, or even with the lightning pen, but the upsides of the mighty - cooler hits, single-degree control - are the reason I almost always use it.

another nice feature of the mighty is stealth: it looks enough like a lot of the devices nicotine vapers use that I can use it in public (the only people who might know what I'm doing are fellow cannabis users). a lot of people seem to think vaping concentrates like wax in a mighty risks harming the device, but I've been doing it for years with zero issues.

BabyFacedFinster

Annnnnd..... OK.... got a couple of carts today with a cheepo batt and D@MN. A couple of tiny rips had me baked like I haven't been in decades. I'm talking charcoal briquettes. Gotta learn to control the dose for sure! I see what you mean @BabyFacedFinster. Definitely harsher than I expected. I have a feeling I'll be dabs only soon.

OTOH, I also got a little THCa flower that was better than the average green I've been getting for the last several years. What an amazing new era for cannabis!

The other thing to mention if your gonna hit carts is there is a lot of difference in what they are filled with. You'll notice that some of the cheaper carts have distillate as the main active ingredient. Distillate gets you high, but doesn't give as much as a full head and body effect like concentrates with a more variety of cannabinoids. The other thing is disty is cheap and flavorless, so places make them more interesting by introducing flavor. That flavor can be in the form of natural terps that come from actual cannabis flower or it can be artificial or come from plants that you wouldn't normally vape. The latter can be a little scary as we don't really know the effects of these additive terps yet, but it's a cheap way of marketing a more enticing product. Add this issue with the concerns of the metal parts in the carts and you see why it can be a little iffy. Still, I will hit carts for convenience as they can't be beat for that.

If you can afford the slightly higher price, I'd look for Live Resin carts without disty and the fake flavorings. They are more common now and are probbly better for you and you'll get better effects (more mellow) and flavor. Live Resin is where they freeze the buds solid as soon as they cut them off the plant and then put them through an extraction process where the concentrate comes out more liquidy and can be vaped in a cartridge. You get a cart with much better stuff. Now, some shady places can still play games, like adding a little live resin to a disty cart and calling it resin, but if you search for a reputable place you should do fine. There are even hash rosin carts these days which can be an even better product, but they are a little harder to find and more pricey. The other thing is, if you have the option of ceramic carts over metal, go with ceramic. You have a better chance of getting a ceramic cart when shopping live resin.

Around here, a good .5g live rosin cart is about $25-$35, while disty carts can be had for $15. Price is what you play. Value is what you get. :D

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The other thing to mention if your gonna hit carts is there is a lot of difference in what they are filled with. You'll notice that some of the cheaper carts have distillate as the main active ingredient. Distillate gets you high, but doesn't give as much as a full head and body effect like concentrates with a more variety of cannabinoids. The other thing is disty is cheap and flavorless, so places make them more interesting by introducing flavor. That flavor can be in the form of natural terps that come from actual cannabis flower or it can be artificial or come from plants that you wouldn't normally vape. The latter can be a little scary as we don't really know the effects of these additive terps yet, but it's a cheap way of marketing a more enticing product. Add this issue with the concerns of the metal parts in the carts and you see why it can be a little iffy. Still, I will hit carts for convenience as they can't be beat for that.

If you can afford the slightly higher price, I'd look for Live Resin carts without disty and the fake flavorings. They are more common now and are probbly better for you and you'll get better effects (more mellow) and flavor. Live Resin is where they freeze the buds solid as soon as they cut them off the plant and then put them through an extraction process where the concentrate comes out more liquidy and can be vaped in a cartridge. You get a cart with much better stuff. Now, some shady places can still play games, like adding a little live resin to a disty cart and calling it resin, but if you search for a reputable place you should do fine. There are even hash rosin carts these days which can be an even better product, but they are a little harder to find and more pricey. The other thing is, if you have the option of ceramic carts over metal, go with ceramic. You have a better chance of getting a ceramic cart when shopping live resin.

Around here, a good .5g live rosin cart is about $25-$35, while disty carts can be had for $15. Price is what you play. Value is what you get. :D
All good information.
I still take some exception (I personally avoid) the use of resin, since it is still a distillate, using some solvent like butane in the extraction process. Some terps preserved, but there again, mostly re-introduced after the fact, even while they may have come from the plant originally.

Rosin is extracted using pressure and heat. There is good rationale for it being more expensive.

All good information.
I still take some exception (I personally avoid) the use of resin, since it is still a distillate, using some solvent like butane in the extraction process. Some terps preserved, but there again, mostly re-introduced after the fact, even while they may have come from the plant originally.

Rosin is extracted using pressure and heat. There is good rationale for it being more expensive.
Thanks guys for the help. I really appreciate it

OK, I bought 3 carts from a seemingly well-regarded source, and selected based on some reasonable-sounding recommendations. They are 2G carts with 1614mg Delta 8, 140mg D8 live resin, 20mg thc-jd, 20mg thcp, and 6mg thca, and "natural turpenes". $25/cart on sale from $30 ea. I got a sativa dom, indica dom, and a hybrid. Have only tried the hybrid so far. It works well, but I ain't in love with it. The taste is.... strong, and the throat attack is medium bad. But I'll tell you my 1st session with it was eye-opening; I mean seriously high. I have the money to support the best in the small amounts I use, so I'll be looking into live resin/rosin, but with smaller carts. I suspect I'll not be using a cart as often as dry flower, or maybe dabs.

Y'all have been so helpful, you care to recommend a good dab? Personally, I think THCa diamonds are interesting....

BabyFacedFinster

Thanks guys for the help. I really appreciate it

OK, I bought 3 carts from a seemingly well-regarded source, and selected based on some reasonable-sounding recommendations. They are 2G carts with 1614mg Delta 8, 140mg D8 live resin, 20mg thc-jd, 20mg thcp, and 6mg thca, and "natural turpenes". $25/cart on sale from $30 ea. I got a sativa dom, indica dom, and a hybrid. Have only tried the hybrid so far. It works well, but I ain't in love with it. The taste is.... strong, and the throat attack is medium bad. But I'll tell you my 1st session with it was eye-opening; I mean seriously high. I have the money to support the best in the small amounts I use, so I'll be looking into live resin/rosin, but with smaller carts. I suspect I'll not be using a cart as often as dry flower, or maybe dabs.

Y'all have been so helpful, you care to recommend a good dab? Personally, I think THCa diamonds are interesting....
If you can find it, look for live hash rosin. It will be at a premium, but it's worth it. And as previously said, it is extracted using only mechanical means so no contact with butane to do the extraction. They quickly freeze the buds, then shake off the high grade kief, then press the rosin out of that kief. You have very good quality rosin if they mention numbers like 90u which is the grade of screen used when pressing.

You can also buy live resin and other concentrates like waxes, budders, shatter,etc in dab form. Like in 1g jars. If the butane is not purged properly you can get residue in the concentrate which isn't good. Again, a good source with labs that do this correctly then not a problem. I have some great sources so I'm not that concerned and there are some tasty and effective dabs in this zone. If you have a good source, then just choose something that a good smell and/or the consistency (texture) you want. A lot of times the stuff is packaged and you don't get to smell or see it beyond a posted image. I like something that isn't too drippy or runny. Rosin and budders are more waxy and come off the dab tool easier.

Around here, hash rosin goes for about $40-$70 per gram based on the quality, and the other butane extracted stuff (bho) has a range of $15 - $35 per gram. For many years, bho stuff has been my go to, with times of treating myself to hash rosin. Lately, I've gone straight rosin, but will buy some resin if it smells like :clap:

The issue with THCa crystals is all you're getting is THC and not the other cannabinoids which give an overall balanced high. Pure THC would knock me on my ass and not have an enjoyable high. I'm sure some folks like using it straight. I would think more people add a little bit to their other concentrates that need a bit more kick in the effect dept.

For flower and buds, my advice is save up and buy a Tinymight 2. :worms: I'll get a lot of flack for saying that 'cause everyone has their favorites. :2c:

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
They are 2G carts with 1614mg Delta 8, 140mg D8 live resin, 20mg thc-jd, 20mg thcp, and 6mg thca
I'm gonna say here, I'm no expert, I don't fully understand all this, but here is some of what I believe is going on...

Okay. You are purchasing from the "legal hemp" markets.
When Congress legalized hemp for agricultural purposes, they defined it in terms of thc content, it must contain less than .3 percent "thc".
It has been found that Delta8 thc can be extracted from hemp and has similar effect to delta9 in humans.
So, your carts are delta8 carts. Those kind gave me a mild headache after a short, kinda strong, high.

The other aspect of the hemp products is the high amount of thc-a they may contain legally. Thc-a must be converted to thc in order to have psychotropic effects. It is converted by heat when we smoke or vape it. But thc is the operative part - of course, along with other active cannabinoids, etc.

It is a big, confusing world these days! Cannabis and hemp are becoming almost the same thing, it is weird compared to how we have generally come to know them. I am personally still in the old school cannabis camp.
I think...

Last edited:

2pumpchump

Sorry I'm late to chime in . But a lot of sound advice hear!!
For carts I recommend trying to avoid anything with a magnetic connection. Or auto draw features.. strictly personal reasons.. just less to go wrong ..

As far as dabs I'm sure there is better out there but sounds like you are in a similar situation as me of availability! I have tried THCa in 3 different forums THCa diamonds and Sauce ,THCa badder , and I Recently got some straight THCa diamonds .. I have not tried the straight diamonds yet I have been putting a chunk on a bowl of flowers aka twaxing with it I'm going to start today off with a strait bowl just to see .. but I tend to like the texture of the badder best so far .

2pumpchump,
Reactions: jespar45
If you can find it, look for live hash rosin. It will be at a premium, but it's worth it. You have very good quality rosin if they mention numbers like 90u which is the grade of screen used when pressing.

You can also buy live resin and other concentrates like waxes, budders, shatter,etc in dab form. I like something that isn't too drippy or runny. Rosin and budders are more waxy and come off the dab tool easier.

Around here, hash rosin goes for about $40-$70 per gram based on the quality, and the other butane extracted stuff (bho) has a range of $15 - $35 per gram. For many years, bho stuff has been my go to, with times of treating myself to hash rosin. Lately, I've gone straight rosin, but will buy some resin if it smells like :clap:

The issue with THCa crystals is all you're getting is THC and not the other cannabinoids which give an overall balanced high. Pure THC would knock me on my ass and not have an enjoyable high. I'm sure some folks like using it straight. I would think more people add a little bit to their other concentrates that need a bit more kick in the effect dept.

For flower and buds, my advice is save up and buy a Tinymight 2. :worms: I'll get a lot of flack for saying that 'cause everyone has their favorites. :2c:
Okay. You are purchasing from the "legal hemp" markets.
So, your carts are delta8 carts. Those kind gave me a mild headache after a short, kinda strong, high.

Thc-a must be converted to thc in order to have psychotropic effects. It is converted by heat when we smoke or vape it. But thc is the operative part - of course, along with other active cannabinoids, etc.

It is a big, confusing world these days! Cannabis and hemp are becoming almost the same thing, it is weird compared to how we have generally come to know them. I am personally still in the old school cannabis camp.
ODD, did you say where you are? Is it a legal state? The cocktail you're describing sounds quite different to the products local to me.
Sorry I'm late to chime in . But a lot of sound advice hear!!
For carts I recommend trying to avoid anything with a magnetic connection. Or auto draw features.. strictly personal reasons.. just less to go wrong ..

As far as dabs I'm sure there is better out there but sounds like you are in a similar situation as me of availability! I have tried THCa in 3 different forums THCa diamonds and Sauce ,THCa badder , and I Recently got some straight THCa diamonds .. I have not tried the straight diamonds yet I have been putting a chunk on a bowl of flowers aka twaxing with it I'm going to start today off with a strait bowl just to see .. but I tend to like the texture of the badder best so far .

Thanks y'all!

First off, @feralcomprehension. Yes, I live in a restricted state. My state will PROUDLY be the last in the Nation to tolerate Satan's Salad. Buzzkill, I swear! Just remember who were the first Europeans to settle in North America... the Puritans. Their pleasure police have ruled the roost ever since. The people in my state don't screw standing up, in case anyone who sees them thinks they are dancing! LOL

My wife and I are traveling to another state in June; the state we plan to retire to in 3 years. It is a recreation legal state. When there soon, I plan to try a smorgasbord of cart and dab options to see what works best for me. I'll even send a little supply (of non stinky stuff) home just to have some of the good stuff around.

@BabyFacedFinster - for dry flower I really like my Arizer Solo2. It has the right bowl size for my uses, and it works well. I will certainly look at other options like the Tinymight2 when I need a new one for whatever reason. As far as the cannabinoid vehicle goes...... My priorities are 1) to get decently high 2-3 times per day as safely (medically and legally) as possible, and 2) get the best bang for my buck. And finally 3) I need a gentle inhalation experience. Good info though on the types of dabs! I agree, with less gooey/runny. Thats why THCa diamonds caught my eye. Add @vapviking .... I'm not a cannabis connoisseur; I'm just an ole time pothead. An old-school flower smoker turned into a flower vaper. Now I am a reasonably well-educated and intelligent pothead. :) I understand THCa decarboxylation and the entourage effect. I suspect when I finally live someplace where cannabis is legal, I'll only buy the best available. Yes, the new reality is kinda confusing for us old stoners. Just goes to show the ultimate ineptitude of our goobermint overlords.

I have ZERO complaint with the THCa flower I got along with the carts. Tastes and smells good, and the high is as good as or better than the underground weed I've been getting the last few years, and I paid exactly the same for it and had it shipped to the door rather than wait for less-than-reliable sources.

@2pumpchump Thanks! Yeah, I had decided to avoid the mag buckets. I also appreciate the budder recommendation!

Last edited:

2pumpchump

Update

I believe this is what you mean by THCa diamonds?
Also to correct my auto correct on my I mean BATTER not BADDER they are both others here might have some better info on them..
Back to the straight diamond hit .......
I found very little if any flavor !
As far as the effect. It was a clear minded brain high . No real body effect I noticed.
Being under the weather unavailable to say if it's uplifting or sedating at the moment

Top Bottom