Unable to post new classified

WirtDog

I have an ad I would like to place in the Classified section? Can administration confirm I am not yet qualified to post an ad? I have taken pics and have verbiage ready but I am authenticated to the site and can see no way to add a new post in classified. I am not sure I understand why there is a minimum “like” requirement to post a classified??? Please advise. I have a really nice Mi3 to offer for sale.

damm

The rules state there are no exceptions. Try Reddit until you have contributed enough to be able to make a post.

• You must be an actively contributing member with at least 60 days of membership, 50 posts, and 25 "likes" received to create a thread in the Classifieds.
    • Exceptions will not be made as it would not be fair to everyone else.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes classifieds are for active enough members, to have a base level credibility? Reddit ent exchange is more open, however it is worth sticking around and contributing here of course :tup:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
How do you know how many "likes" you have? I don't see it posted anywhere in my profile.
Yeah, I swear you used to be able to see how many “likes” you had. Not sure why we can’t see anymore.
@Stu or @vtac - is this still available somewhere easy to see?

Last edited:
Jill NYC,
Reactions: Hackerman

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@Jill NYC , click on your profile pic on the top menu bar & then click on reactions rec'd.
I can only see a reaction score - is that the same thing?

Edit: okay, I get it now. They must have changed it from ”likes” to “reaction score” when they added the different options. Makes sense.
My brain is slow to catch on!
Thanks!

WirtDog

The rules state there are no exceptions. Try Reddit until you have contributed enough to be able to make a post.
This rule makes little to no sense to me and it just tends to drive members away. I have never seen any group with similar requirements. I bought and sold high end audio equipment on Audiogon for many years. You join and you can post classifieds immediately. It self regulates. If you do not conduct yourself in an honest manner the negative feedback you will receive will destroy your credibility and people will not deal with you. I did everything possible to always get great feedback. Now, I come here and get this?

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
This rule makes little to no sense to me and it just tends to drive members away. I have never seen any group with similar requirements. I bought and sold high end audio equipment on Audiogon for many years. You join and you can post classifieds immediately. It self regulates. If you do not conduct yourself in an honest manner the negative feedback you will receive will destroy your credibility and people will not deal with you. I did everything possible to always get great feedback. Now, I come here and get this?
That’s the beauty of the internet. If you don‘t like one sites’ rules, there are plenty of other options.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

It is more of an active status thing, otherwise we could get brand new members who just create an account, simply to list something in the classifieds, with zero credibility... This is a community, things sell fast on Reddit if that is what you're looking for, it is not always even that easy to sell things on FC regardless honestly! Really depends on the item, and if it's sought after enough, we'll find it wherever lol

We do have a feedback thread here, though it is actually optional, so yeah the way to regulate credibility is by member activity... If this is what drives a member away, then I guess good riddance? If they can't be bothered to participate more in the forums and be part of the community, all they want to do is sell?? Not saying this is you, and I hope you stick around, you are certainly getting more activity in this thread, and I am liking your posts to help as best I can too!

Last edited:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I understand where you're coming from @WirtDog. It's not a perfect system and has pros and cons as any other. Many requests for exemptions have been made made over the years, but the answer is always the same: Sorry, it wouldn't be fair to everyone else who met the requirements on their own.

In the 10+ years we've had a classifieds section we've been fortunate to have very few problems. Much of that is due to the good nature of the community, and the system is set up to offer what I think is a reasonable amount of protection for our members. Maybe we could tweak or change it. We're kind of old fashioned though :)

WirtDog

That’s the beauty of the internet. If you don‘t like one sites’ rules, there are plenty of other options.
There are actually very few places to advertise vapes for sale! Reddit requires a 30 day waiting period before you can place an ad. Ebay, I was on with customer service for 90 minutes trying to find out what was wrong with my ad? I thought things had progressed past this point.

There are actually very few places to advertise vapes for sale! Reddit requires a 30 day waiting period before you can place an ad. Ebay, I was on with customer service for 90 minutes trying to find out what was wrong with my ad? I thought things had progressed past this point.
Can anyone tell me how to have my ID and registration removed from this site? I do not need any of this. Will throw my Mi3 in the garbage this week. If admin reads this please delete me asap!!

kel

FuckMisogynists!
You okay @WirtDog ?

Trying times for us all indeed. I understand feeling the pressures of life and that you don't need any more stresses. Some things are not worth bothering with too. Up to you of course, but please don't throw anything in the garbage. Why not just put it away, nicely cleaned and boxed up, wait a little while and see what happens, it's nice safe place here where people are respectful, helpful and alright with each other.

My DMs are open if you need someone to talk to, same goes for anyone, times are hard, please don't struggle alone.

p.s. your posts got lots of likes, you are possibly closer than you think.

edit; I just had a look at your profile:

Been a member for over 60days - check!

Over 25 likes - check!

Over 50 posts - I did a rough count - I think you are only a couple of more posts away from the required number?

Tell us a Joke in the joke thread? 🤓 :tup: :leaf:

Last edited:

cptofnthng

i had the same problem a couple of month ago and i posted my way into the classifieds with my keyboard and my patience. still proud i did that. because waiting is for losers Trump says.
Fed Up Reaction GIF

cptofnthng,
  • Haha
Reactions: arb
Top Bottom