• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Ultrasonic Cleaners

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Use the basket, you do not want anything impeding the transducer as it will reduce its effectiveness.:2c:
I like to use glass beakers and plastic test tubes with iso in then in the UC water bath,
img_20190604_170322-jpg.9785

img_20191023_201801-jpg.13979

I run mine for 10 to 30 mins set at 50 to 65 degrees C.
The larger units like mine that heat also have a bit harder-hitting sound wave? as it can destroy some fragile things if they are placed directly above the transducer,
img_20200102_141004-jpg.15442

Did you know you can also use your ultrasonic cleaner for extracting purposes?

Poostuff

Please delete
I bought one a couple of years ago, I think maybe it was after seeing the thread here.
I haven’t used it a lot because it didn’t clean my Sublimator atomisers & that was my main reason for buying it, but all I did at the time was chuck them in there with water on the longest heat setting.
Noticed some new posts here so I actually read the thread instead of skimming this time.
I dug it out last night & tried it again with just one pretty filthy Sub atomiser, but this time used iso in a sandwich bag.
I started with warm water but also used the heat setting.
It did take several runs maybe 4 or so, mine only has around a 5 minute max time, but after the 4th run the atomiser was clean & pretty much ready to use.
It still needed a quick wipe but it usually takes iso, a microfibre sponge, a couple of pipe cleaners & about 5 minutes of scrubbing with a strip of steel wool that I have to attach to a fucking medical clamp because I can’t get anything else inside the thing.
I did use a little more iso than usual but obviously I won’t be using the manual method again.
Got a bunch of vape stuff I usually dread having to clean that I’m going to try in there, & I’m almost excited about cleaning now. Okay...that was a lie.
Great thread guys cheers.

Hey @LesPlenty I noticed you don’t use the lid when using beakers, is it not needed?
I’d rather use glass than a plastic bag but don’t have beakers because I never see any for sale at Coles :lol:
Is there any reason you don’t just use a jar, does the thickness of the glass matter?

Djsleepy

I know I had a metal pipe with years of resin in it.could barely get a poker thru I t and using a 50/50mix iso/water was clean perfect after three cleans of 6 mins each with heat......I was shocked....

LesPlenty

Company Rep
fall off when one gets lazy
I am ultra lazy when it comes to maintaining vapes, an ultrasonic cleaner (UC) is great for any vape user. I chuck empty crucibles straight in after I feel a lid get sticky as the 2ltr UC sits near my vaping area, I run a cycle as I leave the area because they are LOUD.:2c:

I am ultra lazy when it comes to maintaining vapes, an ultrasonic cleaner (UC) is great for any vape user. I chuck empty crucibles straight in after I feel a lid get sticky as the 2ltr UC sits near my vaping area, I run a cycle as I leave the area because they are LOUD.:2c:

I have long wanted to pick one up, but I am very short on space lol. One day I'll get one!

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep

I used to (very recently) think these kinds of machines were not available for the regular Joe Schmo consumer, like you had to be a doctor and they only existed in hospitals lol the thought of having one is still unreal to me!

kiddvudu2

I used to (very recently) think these kinds of machines were not available for the regular Joe Schmo consumer, like you had to be a doctor and they only existed in hospitals lol the thought of having one is still unreal to me!
Agreed. It hadn't crossed my mind until @LesPlenty tipped me off a while back on this thread. I paid $65 for mine via Amazon and love it! I think over the years of vape ownership I've really learned to appreciate keeping my devices clean, so the stuff I use in there now just remains clean, but wow I would have loved to have this thing back when I used to run my devices until they were filthy regularly! Those 45 minute cleaning marathons were always a put-off. I am looking forward to my boon-dock camping trips this year knowing that I can just clean everything when I get home with ease now though!

Peese!

Bearded エーティーエム

The Vaping Beardalorian
I see them on Amazon. So what exactly can go in these cleaners? Just all the accessories like capsules, crucibles, stuff that usually gets cleaned with alcohol?

Bearded エーティーエム,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

ginolicious

I see them on Amazon. So what exactly can go in these cleaners? Just all the accessories like capsules, crucibles, stuff that usually gets cleaned with alcohol?

Based on what I seen everything except the vape itself. I may get one to clean my watches too. Can toss plastic and silicone in it as well to clean it. So the heat sink can go in there. There is no alcohol in these machines so it will not damage the parts that can’t be cleaned with alcohol.

kiddvudu2

Based on what I seen everything except the vape itself. I may get one to clean my watches too. Can toss plastic and silicone in it as well to clean it. So the heat sink can go in there. There is no alcohol in these machines so it will not damage the parts that can’t be cleaned with alcohol.

I have put the makrolon mv1 stems in, rubber orings from other vapes, all types of ceramic/glass pieces, stainless steel, my eyeglasses, wife's jewelry, and I'm sure there's other stuff that I'm forgetting.

As far as things that I normally soak in ISO, I still do that for about 10 minutes and then rinse them off before throwing them in the USC. I generally use a little Dawn dish detergent in the USC water. Just a few drops.

Here is a thread right here on FC that is pretty helpful: http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/ultrasonic-cleaners.18/

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Here is a thread right here on FC that is pretty helpful: http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/ultrasonic-cleaners.18/
Actually that is just a guide - very helpful, but noone can contribute anymore.
Here is the thread - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ultrasonic-cleaners.13789/

I became a convert a few months ago and have been really impressed with how well it cleans.
@Bearded アレン Glass, ceramic, silicone, plastic all get cleaned well. Wood, porous stones (like pearls, opals, etc) and electronics should not be cleaned in a UC.

The Ghost capsules and heat sink are perfect for an UC.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I recommend getting one with a heater, Stainless Steel and at least 2ltr, I only use iso in beakers or test tubes in a water bath in the ultrasonic cleaner,
img_20191023_201801-jpg.13979

As in the picture, only the mesh pad is in iso, everything else is in water.
For larger items that need iso,
img_20190604_170322-jpg.9785

Great for my 88mm grinder,
img_20181209_162928-jpg.6473

Once you have cleaned with iso dump in some AVB and make some RSO,FECO, or whatever the oil is called,
img_20200214_135910-jpg.16402

Evaporated down in a well-ventilated space and you end up with potent goo,
img_20200216_152846-jpg.16404

I have noticed a couple of crucibles are stained, even after iso in the test tube through the cleaner and think I may try the same but with Simple Green in the test tube instead...is Simple Green OK on the crucibles?

Top Bottom