Ultrasonic cleaner

tehfletch

anyone use hydrogen peroxide as a cleaner? I’ve used it on battery powered electronics with the battery removed and it work well. Just need to be sure everything is completely dry before powering on or you can cause a short. Not suggesting people trying this, just wondering. I understand some people may use iso in a sealed container because it’s flammable. Any other cleaners people suggest?

tehfletch,
Reactions: LesPlenty

HughJass

First of all, hello and welcome to FC tehfletch!
anyone use hydrogen peroxide as a cleaner?

No but you’ve piqued my curiosity :suspicious:

Any other cleaners people suggest?

If I’m not using ethanol, I’ll use Dawn dish soap. I like it specifically for cleaning glass, but I suppose it would work on just about anything.

For cleaning silicone- use baking soda—
you add a couple drops of water to make it about toothpaste consistency, then you smear it on all your silicone surfaces and let it dry.
—This can actually get rid of that sticky residue that slowly builds up overtime :tup:

I second what LesPlenty said about using an Ultrasonic Cleaner filled with water, and a container with Iso (or my current choice is 95% food grade ethanol/everclear, and sometimes I’ll just use a ziplock bag instead of a plastic container to fit large or odd shaped item in)

I don’t use simple green as much, as you can’t reclaim anything from it, the same as you can with alcohol. (specifically ethanol, as you can technically use it as a tincture as is) but it’s a good alternative, same as dawn when you don’t want to use alcohol.

Top Bottom