• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Tsunami by NewVape

bum karacho

VAS and GAS Support Group!
tusgami-Vaporizer-11.jpg
tusgami-Vaporizer-8.jpg

https://www.newvape.com/blog/post/tsunami_vaporizer

pghjd

I'm honestly trying to understand why you would buy this instead of just getting a dcup and a normal rig. It doesn't actually replace the peak for its primary function, portable dabbing, and I don't see why you would want to use peak glass over a normal rig unless that's all you have for some strange reason. Also if your gonna use a tube to connect it to a normal rig anyway, your just gonna get less flavor and potency vs having a dcup on your rig to to the much longer vapor path and the silicon tubing absorbing cannabanoids.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I'm honestly trying to understand why you would buy this instead of just getting a dcup and a normal rig. It doesn't actually replace the peak for its primary function, portable dabbing, and I don't see why you would want to use peak glass over a normal rig unless that's all you have for some strange reason. Also if your gonna use a tube to connect it to a normal rig anyway, your just gonna get less flavor and potency vs having a dcup on your rig to to the much longer vapor path and the silicon tubing absorbing cannabanoids.
My 2 cents... it's designed to get everything enclosed, lot of potentials users are scared with enail cause the exposed heating element and potentials hazardous burns, this setup might reach them.

pghjd

My 2 cents... it's designed to get everything enclosed, lot of potentials users are scared with enail cause the exposed heating element and potentials hazardous burns, this setup might reach them.
That makes more sense. I feel like you would still get burned with this though. The cover is metal and it will heat up with time, just like a carb cap does. If you have to remove the cover every once in a while so it won't get too hot it kinda defeats the purpose. I also feel that if your going for something as advanced as a 30mm with inserts, you're probably not scared of an enail. I highly doubt people would buy this as their first nail because most new dabbers wouldn't know a thing about inserts because their usually used for more advanced dabbing techniques like cold starts and drop ins. A new dabber would also probably destroy a gemstone insert because they won't know that they thermally shock.

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
It can take any Peak/Carta/18mm hydratubes due to the attachment part being swappable apparently. The Peak stock glass I assume is just for demo purposes and will not be sold with the device.

Besides the safety/portability aspects of this, as a Peak owner (with no other dabbing stuff anymore) this seems pretty interesting. I am glad they cleaned up the vapor path from the first prototype (hoping to see full, all glass with no exposure to the shroud) and am excited to see where this ends up as a finished product.

I don't really want a Dcup - I don't want metal airpath in my dabs. Having a way to plug in one of my Peak tops (or a hydratube/etc) and take a dab off sapphire surface with all glass airpath is something that sounds great when I'm not needing the portability of the Peak.

I don't care about being heady and spending hundreds on glass (as awesome as it is... no lie! wish I was into it) so yeah. Seems sweet to me and my current usage/devices/gear.

Awesome potential for dab bar/party setting - also quite nice for those not wanting to deal with exposed hot parts for whatever reason. I don't think it would replace the Peak (or any other such device) as a portable, with the battery pack, but still kinda neat to have the option to take sapphire dabs with all glass airpath wherever.

Last edited:

Baron23

@NewVape710 - Wow, Edwyn....very nice design change. I'm not talking about the aesthetics of it overall vs the blocky prototype one first shown, I knew you would round it out and make it beautiful.

I mean not using the heat shield as part of the vacuum seal and instead running the air path directly into the bucket. IMO, that's super duper, baby!! :tup::rockon::clap:

One question, however...well, no...two questions I believe:

1. Is that air path tube high enough above the dab surface to ensure that melted trates won't get sucked directly into the glass tube? Maybe a smaller diameter glass tube would give more clearance. Its hard to see from the IG vid, but it looks pretty close.

2. Is the glass air path tube user removable for cleaning and replacement.

I have looked at AIO dab rigs and have not been particularly moved to get one (KP Oura, Carta, Peak...like that) but this interests me very much. :science:

Thank you and oh, by the by, I really do like the aesthetics. :tup:

pghjd

W:whoa:w!!! This is very impressive.
It takes the whole portable dab rig concept to another level.
If this is only midway through the evolution the finished product is gonna be Amazing.

The batteries need to be internal for this to truly compete with the peak/carta imo. As long as you have to carry around the big battery pack he's be showing it with, then its not truly portable.

pghjd,

VAPEHUNTER

It’s definitely not a “pocket portable” but I have the V-Rod with battery and chassis and it works as a portable. I think the Tsunami will be an improvement to my setup.
Portable or not portable....I think it’s all relative.

pghjd

It’s definitely not a “pocket portable” but I have the V-Rod with battery and chassis and it works as a portable. I think the Tsunami will be an improvement to my setup.
Portable or not portable....I think it’s all relative.
While I can agree its relative, how many people do you really see carrying a set up like yours vs a peak or carta? The fact that you can throw a peak or carta in to a cargo or jacket pocket and have everything you need right there is kinda the main selling point. You see 10 peaks for every dr dabber switch for that exact reason. The switch is far more capable than the peak and has better battery life, but people don't buy it because of it's size relative to the peak. My main point is that if it can't compete in that regard then most people will continue buying peaks and looking the other way. If the goal of this device is to take would be customers away from puffco or focus v then it needs to truly compete on every front, not just sit in its own weird niche like the dr dabber.

pghjd,
Reactions: muunch

Bumping Spheda

Nice. I wonder if you can twist the glass mouthpiece around, so it sits at an angle toward you.
Dunno if you saw this yet. Some guy on Instagram said:
"The glass part needs to be angled a little bit like it is on the peak"
and New Vape replied:
"I agree. The Peak angle is not quite right yet. It will be fixed when we make the next adapter."

Bumping Spheda,
Reactions: Ramahs

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
While I can agree its relative, how many people do you really see carrying a set up like yours vs a peak or carta? The fact that you can throw a peak or carta in to a cargo or jacket pocket and have everything you need right there is kinda the main selling point. You see 10 peaks for every dr dabber switch for that exact reason. The switch is far more capable than the peak and has better battery life, but people don't buy it because of it's size relative to the peak. My main point is that if it can't compete in that regard then most people will continue buying peaks and looking the other way. If the goal of this device is to take would be customers away from puffco or focus v then it needs to truly compete on every front, not just sit in its own weird niche like the dr dabber.

I don't think this is a replacement/competitor for the Peaks/etc, and the Switch is also kinda in it's own league imo due to utilization of induction. This product doesn't really replace the Dcup either imo - it's kinda a sidegrade/alternative for those wishing to utilize other glass pieces/using a different connection, and a "station" for those with e-rigs (at least as I see it)

I really want to see all glass airpath to actually sell me on it, but the concept is awesome.

pghjd

I don't think this is a replacement/competitor for the Peaks/etc, and the Switch is also kinda in it's own league imo due to utilization of induction. This product doesn't really replace the Dcup either imo - it's kinda a sidegrade/alternative for those wishing to utilize other glass pieces/using a different connection, and a "station" for those with e-rigs (at least as I see it)

I really want to see all glass airpath to actually sell me on it, but the concept is awesome.
I could definitely see that being feasible if its cheaper than a full dcup setup. I just can't imagine that many people would buy a $400 erig then drop another 700 on a on this. Not when you can just have a dedicated erig and dcup setup for the same price or less and have an all glass air pathway. I just don't see the appeal of using a peak/carta top when most dabbers have glass they like more anyway either. I honestly like the idea of this device a lot, but i feel like 90% of what it offers could be accomplished by making an adapter that connects an existing dcup to a peak/carta top.

Last edited:
pghjd,

Vapordeflor

The batteries need to be internal for this to truly compete with the peak/carta imo. As long as you have to carry around the big battery pack he's be showing it with, then its not truly portable.

Fully agree with this, Non-portable vape, I see how companies could get benefit labeling as "portables" desktop units but lets keep the segregation between portable/ non- portable for users sake. :2c:

Vapordeflor,
Reactions: DogZilla
Top Bottom