Trying vaporizers in Amsterdam.

After to many a morning with sour lungs I got interested in purchasing a vaporizer. I started out thinking I could just buy one from ebay, but after the obligatory internet research I found out that that might not be the best idea. So I found the VBV, and thought that this was the one for me. But knowing I like to tinker with my smoking setup I think that might be a bit to limited. So I found the WHV which seems to fit my needs perfectly, but along with the rise in research the price had risen as well. And buying a 200$-300$ item without knowing if vaporizing is even for me is a bit much. So I plan to take a trip to Amsterdam one of the coming weekend to put it to the test. So here's my question:
Where do you go in Amsterdam to try out Vaporizers? Preferably even the WHV.
Thanks.

technoweed88,

max

Out to lunch
We're big on shortening vape names here, but I don't know what models you mean by VBV or WHV. As for where to go in Amsterdam, the coffeeshops have been the best bet, but the authorities don't seem to be taking kindly to mj using tourists these days, so I'd be careful.

max,

Beezleb

4/20 cafe has some volcanoes I think. They are around mostly at the more well known spots.

Beezleb,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Keblow lives close to Amsterdam and has a Solo and an SSV, just not sure if he'd be happy having a stranger over trying out his vapes :lol:

High Times (Wijde Kerksteeg 5) used to have a Volcano and a Verdamper, but I haven't been there in ages and they are way out of your sought after budget anyways. I'd go looking for smart shops and headshops instead to better your chance of trying out some vapes.

I do recommend taking your time to pick out something good & maybe up the budget slightly because most likely it will make your first experience a lot better then with something cheaper. Not that you have to spend a load of money of course. I'm thinking blemished DBV from ebay perhaps?

OhTheAgony,
max said:
We're big on shortening vape names here, but I don't know what models you mean by VBV or WHV. As for where to go in Amsterdam, the coffeeshops have been the best bet, but the authorities don't seem to be taking kindly to mj using tourists these days, so I'd be careful.

By VBV i meant the Vaporbros Vaporizer and by WHV I meant the Vriptech Heat Wand (sorry about that one).
That's exactly why I plan to do this very soon, I think the law making it illegal to purchase mj for anybody but the people living in Amsterdam, will take effect at the end of this year.

OhTheAgony said:
I do recommend taking your time to pick out something good & maybe up the budget slightly because most likely it will make your first experience a lot better then with something cheaper. Not that you have to spend a load of money of course. I'm thinking blemished DBV from ebay perhaps?

I was under the impression that the VHW (hopefully I'm right this time :) ) is considered one of the good ones? It seems to be the same price as the DBV. Anyway, this is around the amount I plan to spend.

Thanks for quick responses.

technoweed88,

djonkoman

By VBV i meant the Vaporbros Vaporizer and by WHV I meant the Vriptech Heat Wand (sorry about that one).
That's exactly why I plan to do this very soon, I think the law making it illegal to purchase mj for anybody but the people living in Amsterdam, will take effect at the end of this year.

last what I heard was end this year the south(most problems with belgian and french drugtourists), then summer next year the rest of the country
I bet tough that streetdealers will take over

djonkoman,

djonkoman

Beezleb said:
I only have seen volcanoes and verdampers in Amsterdam.
they have them on some places troyghout the country, not just amsterdam
and I've also recently seen a volcano or similarlooking vaporizer in the local headshop(in leeuwarden, in the north of the netherlands, 10 km from where I live)
but I've indeed never heard of another vaporizer

djonkoman,

weedemon

enthusiast
welcome to the board man!

I can't comment on NL's vape scene as I have never been, but here is a lil info on some vaporizers you might be interested in.

the VHW is a very tasty vape but it is also pretty fragile. it's only downfall i think. I assume you have a nice glass collection already?

As for the vapor brothers, I used to own one, but i sold it and later ended up buying a silver surfer. you may want to look into the SSV as well :)

for portable vaporizers I think the best options is the mflb. it is an ingenious little box that is very tasty and super stealth!

hope that helps you a little bit.

weedemon,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
djonkoman said:
Beezleb said:
I only have seen volcanoes and verdampers in Amsterdam.
they have them on some places troyghout the country, not just amsterdam
and I've also recently seen a volcano or similarlooking vaporizer in the local headshop(in leeuwarden, in the north of the netherlands, 10 km from where I live)
but I've indeed never heard of another vaporizer

That's my town he's talking about :D

They have the Iolite, the analog Volcano, that box vape that looks like a toaster from the '50's, and a few other 'less significant' ones I can't remember right now at the shop you mention. Last time I was there I had a long chat with the guy that runs that shop and pointed him towards the MFLB and the DBV/SSV (he had never heard of either one) as well, and of course showed him this website for future research. I'll have to go by there again soon and let him try out my new Solo since the guy himself is a big Iolite fan.

As far as I understand it's still not certain when and how they'll make it impossible for foreigners to buy greenery in our coffeeshops btw. I think it might take a bit longer even or perhaps it won't even happen at all, but time shall tell I guess.

And yeah Techno, the VHW is a good one as well except for the build quality perhaps like Weedemon already mentioned. I still get lost in all these abbreviations as well and wasn't sure which one you meant at the time, sorry about that.

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

lol, you live in leeuwarden? I ment maya btw, only saw one vaporizer there I think when I was there a while ago(had to get a new grinder since one half of my old grinder rolled into the water just when I was about to fill my VG... so I immediatly got a new one, but it also just started raining, to the waag to get some cash then back to maya while getting soaked)

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, lol. Small world aye? ;)

I told you this a few months ago in another thread we were both posting in, but I guess you never read my reply back then.

Yeah, Maya's Grow or Hemphs is the one I meant as well (I think it's the only headshop we have in town atm?). I use to work for them from time to time back when they'd just started in the '90's and still were at their old location.

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

well the baron is also a headshop(combined with growshop) somewhere at the back of the trainstation, went there once to look, but they only had fertilizers and snort-equipment.... and one electric grinder

indeed not remember reading that, maybe it was in the period about 2 weeks ago when I was busy and not on forums much?
I don't live in leeuwarden itself tough but I'm often there, especially on saturdaynights(we usually meet up in mukkes with a group of friends)
never met another vaporist from around here, almost all my friends only smoke joints with tobacco...(one that has a combustion pipe, some others have pipes and bongs but still mostly smoke joints)
and often I have to explain what vaporizing is when people see me with my VG and ask what it is

djonkoman,

VaporEyeSore

was going to go earlier this year (but went to Den Haag instead) so did a bit of research on this.

You have a Silver Surfer to try at Hunters Bar on Warmoesstraat and there are Verdampers at the AnyDay on the corner of Spuistraat and Korte Kolksteeg, I think they also hve Verdampers in The Dolphins on Kerkstraat.
Nearly every coffeshop seems to have a Volcano now but Barneys on Haarlemmerstraat is suposed to have one on every table!
There is a headshop Azarius http://www.azarius.net/ on Kerkstraat just down the road from The Dolphins he is an autherisd dealer for Ariser. I spoke to him a couple of months ago and he said he normaly had 2 vapes out that people can use in the shop but they are normaly Ariser ones however he did say that you could try any vape he had in stock before purchase as long as you were going to buy from him.
There is also another headshop that does vaporizer hire. They have Volcanos and I think they have a silver surfer now too but they are stupidly exspensive and I cant remember their name but I could find out if needed.

VaporEyeSore,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
djonkoman said:
well the baron is also a headshop(combined with growshop) somewhere at the back of the trainstation, went there once to look, but they only had fertilizers and snort-equipment.... and one electric grinder

indeed not remember reading that, maybe it was in the period about 2 weeks ago when I was busy and not on forums much?
I don't live in leeuwarden itself tough but I'm often there, especially on saturdaynights(we usually meet up in mukkes with a group of friends)
never met another vaporist from around here, almost all my friends only smoke joints with tobacco...(one that has a combustion pipe, some others have pipes and bongs but still mostly smoke joints)
and often I have to explain what vaporizing is when people see me with my VG and ask what it is

No, it was longer ago. Not sure when exactly but I'm thinking somewhere around February. It was the first time we talked and I'd just found out that you were Dutch in that convo, that's about all I remember.

The Baron was taken over by another owner a while ago unfortunately, haven't checked out their current stock yet. They used to sell some bongs and stuff, but no vaporizers to my knowledge.

I've been to Mukkes, lol. It's been a while though, I don't go out on Saturday nights that often anymore. And yeah, I'm the only one I know that vapes around here (NL I mean) as well. I think I'm on my way to convert a buddy soon though. I'm introducing him to the Solo next Friday and I think it just might win him over.

Sorry for the thread-jack btw... :ninja:

OhTheAgony,

djonkoman

good luck, I have some friends that like vaporizing but they find it too expensive to buy themselves(even tough it would easily pay out...)
and the jointsmokers all like the feel etc of a joint, I noticed that people that don't smoke tobacco almost always like vaporizing, but the tobaccosmokers often don't like it the first time, some do like it when they try it again, some never really like it(altough those people mostly have tried it only a few times)
but they do often comment about the good taste

the thing about mukkes that I like is that there's good music, good beer, and allowed to smoke weed inside
and next door to a snackbar
and for my non-growing friends 2 coffeeshops closeby
and to make it a little less(but only a little) of a threadjack, if anyone ever goes further then amsterdam and ends up in leeuwarden, then I can recommend going to mukkes(I also found a very similar bar in rome btw)

djonkoman,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Whoah man, I know!

I'm one of those (ex?) joint-smokers and I'm still having a hard time being satisfied with just vapor myself. But it's getting better and better, for some reason buying new vape stuff helps, lol

I usually just drink when I go out myself and save the medicating for home nowadays. I get a bit anti-social when high and don't feel like being around people much anymore in that state. But it's good we still have places like that here, I use to go to The Shuffle and De Plankier a few times a week for the same reasons.

OhTheAgony,
VaporEyeSore said:
was going to go earlier this year (but went to Den Haag instead) so did a bit of research on this.

You have a Silver Surfer to try at Hunters Bar on Warmoesstraat and there are Verdampers at the AnyDay on the corner of Spuistraat and Korte Kolksteeg, I think they also hve Verdampers in The Dolphins on Kerkstraat.
Nearly every coffeshop seems to have a Volcano now but Barneys on Haarlemmerstraat is suposed to have one on every table!
There is a headshop Azarius http://www.azarius.net/ on Kerkstraat just down the road from The Dolphins he is an autherisd dealer for Ariser. I spoke to him a couple of months ago and he said he normaly had 2 vapes out that people can use in the shop but they are normaly Ariser ones however he did say that you could try any vape he had in stock before purchase as long as you were going to buy from him.
There is also another headshop that does vaporizer hire. They have Volcanos and I think they have a silver surfer now too but they are stupidly exspensive and I cant remember their name but I could find out if needed.

First off, thanks alot the replies. I'll take the trip sometime next week and will definitely check out some of the places you listed. I've had planned to visit Azerus knowing them only from their website, nice to hear them recommended before possibly giving them my money.

weedemon said:
welcome to the board man!

I can't comment on NL's vape scene as I have never been, but here is a lil info on some vaporizers you might be interested in.

the VHW is a very tasty vape but it is also pretty fragile. it's only downfall i think. I assume you have a nice glass collection already?

As for the vapor brothers, I used to own one, but i sold it and later ended up buying a silver surfer. you may want to look into the SSV as well :)

for portable vaporizers I think the best options is the mflb. it is an ingenious little box that is very tasty and super stealth!

hope that helps you a little bit.

With the addition of the power and glass adapter for the mflb I'm leaning towards this at the moment. This also allows me to start out with just buying the box and try the whole thing out before shelling out the big money. And I think a portable device would sneak it's way onto my vaporizer wishlist at some point anyway.

But who knows? Maybe something will convince me when I get there.

technoweed88,
Top Bottom