Try it, before you buy it?

sdrsh

Hello Nebulizers, Votaliseurs, Vaporistas and occasional Combusters,

Recently, I had been researching two vapes in order to find the one to fit the niche I am looking to fill.
But even after reading tons of reviews and individual criticism, and discerning the value and bias thereof, it's tough to make a comfortable decision without trying the damn thing out!

I recognize this to be a great factor in the contraction of the infamous VAS. The rush of trying to find the best vape and then... going for it wheeeeeew!!! .. all for :science:, of course

But for some it would be preferable to be able to check a new vape out for a couple of days and if not satisfying, return it to the store for a little fee. Of course there would be some caveats to this:

-would you be comfortable to buy a unit that has been "tested" and sent back to the store for a proper cleaning? basically a refurbished vape?

This is how I could imagine it:

As a customer you have the option to order a brand new vape and test it, with the option to return it for an appropriate fee (20$-80$? depending on price/weight/degradation potential? )

or

buy a refurbished unit, a lower price, but no option to return
depending on the degradation potential, maybe a unit could be used for a test/buy deal more than once, but if a unit has been sent back more than once on average, it might not be a great vape after all or mis-advertised.

The seller would have to be transparent about the refurbishing process and provide strict instructions to be followed while testing if one wants to keep the option to return it.

At first, I dismissed the idea immediately. Who would want a used vape? But then I thought again. If a unit has only been used let's say 5-10 times over 3 days to be tested, and then sent back to the seller, it should basically still be as new, otherwise the thing isn't worth the cash. Think about it, if you shell out 400$ for a crafty and realize that after 3 days of breaking it in, it's just not as good anymore, I'd feel robbed.
And if the unit has been thoroughly refurbished, it should feel like new.

Realizing that this is basically what craigslist or the FC classifieds provides for some, I could still see this to be a viable option for a vape store. If the reputation of the refurbished units is right, this would allow the potential customers to make more informed choices and maybe quicken the spreading of the good news (vapor for the people!!). It seems that many combusters don't take the plunge because they are skeptical (lack of experience) and don't want to commit serious cash right away. I could imagine many more people would give the Herbie (name your vape) a shot if they could try it out for 3 days for about 75 bucks or a Plenty for 40$.

I'm not a money wizard so I'm not sure if these $ numbers are way off to be feasible but that seems to be about the hit a seller on ebay/craigslist is taking for a "little used vaporizer".

TL;DR

would you be fond of a store that let's you try a vaporizer and send back for a fee if you don't like it?

Thoughts?

:peace:

sdrsh,

4tokin

Do your local retailers provide this service for white goods, electronics or clothing?
Why is everyone getting so precious over cannabis related products and services.

4tokin,

sdrsh

Thanks for your input.

Recently bought a router/modem combo that had great reviews and has been around for a while, name brand. Turns out, wireless is completely worthless with this thing, especially if there are a couple other wireless networks around. Packed it up, went to the store and told them that it is not working for me as described, got reimbursed.

As for clothing, apart from underwear and maybe t-shirts you can pretty much try on anything in the store, no?

I see your point though, and by no means did I want to imply that I feel entitled to this kind of service.
There is a more utilitarian reason behind it: if more people discover vaporization as a viable alternative to combustion for medicinal and recreational use, progress on this hot topic should be catching on way faster, since the "it will kill you"-line loses in great potency. At least that seems plausible to me, on my proverbial island.

4tokin

From what I can see US retailers tend to go above and beyond compared to where I am from.
I would love to be able to be able to try before I buy but I realise it is impractical for retailers, try before you buy maybe an option at trade show/cannibis cup type of events.
For the time being I will continue reaserching on the internet may even get lucky and get to try someone else's unit. Sometimes you have to take the plunge and hope it works out as expected.

4tokin,
Top Bottom