Truth about Solo 2 airpath

Maryjanie

I am looking for the truth about whether or not the Solo 2 truly has an isolated airpath as their website states bc I've seen mixed info on this. I'm wanting to take advantage of their BOGO so I can gift the Air. I already have an Air OG and love it even with its sucky draw resistance. I stopped using it awhile back though bc I became concerned about this whole "vaping over electronics" issue. I got a dynavap & a FF2 and I'm really missing my Air and want a new one. I am picky about wanting a true isolated airpath in my next unit though. I've thought about just upgrading to the new Air 2 since I like my OG but I really want a faster heat up time like the solo has and I wonder if the Air 2's airpath is any more isolated than the Solo 2. TIA!!!!

Maryjanie,

Maryjanie

Very very very very few vaporizers have a true isolated airpath. It's one of the main reasons I am building my own vaporizer, most of these companies aren't trying hard enough to produce truly clean medical grade devices for inhalation.

Do you know which ones are legit?

Maryjanie,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Do you know which ones are legit?

It really depends on what all you're trying to avoid (subjective) - electric portables are probably the hardest to build super clean as they are always dealing with space restrictions which tend to prioritize other considerations.

Honestly your Dynavap is probably one of the cleanest portables on the market but I can understand wanting something with regulated temperature control.

Maryjanie

Honestly your Dynavap is probably one of the cleanest portables on the market but I can understand wanting something with regulated temperature control.

Yeah. I like my dynavap but I just cant seem to get a consistency like I want. I get agitated and switch to something else. I just dont have the vap "nack". Lol. Maybe I should be looking for a heater for my dynavap. Maybe that would solve my consistency issues.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I am looking for the truth about whether or not the Solo 2 truly has an isolated airpath as their website states bc I've seen mixed info on this. I'm wanting to take advantage of their BOGO so I can gift the Air. I already have an Air OG and love it even with its sucky draw resistance. I stopped using it awhile back though bc I became concerned about this whole "vaping over electronics" issue. I got a dynavap & a FF2 and I'm really missing my Air and want a new one. I am picky about wanting a true isolated airpath in my next unit though. I've thought about just upgrading to the new Air 2 since I like my OG but I really want a faster heat up time like the solo has and I wonder if the Air 2's airpath is any more isolated than the Solo 2. TIA!!!!

More involved to set up at first, buying mod separately, but look into the 510-based on demand convection vapes. They all have pure isolated airpaths, no electronics, great flavor and high power! Splinter, SplinterZ, Imp, Impcognito, Glow 14/18, StemPod/Si, and there are others too... Also there's Milaana and MistVape Touch, and Tubo Tetra for all-in-one options that are more pure... Oh! And I'd recommend checking out the Fury Edge, it really may resolve you longing for the Air, as it is more powerful and portable with a straight through airpath...

Maryjanie

Splinter, SplinterZ, Imp, Impcognito, Glow 14/18, StemPod/Si, and there are others too... Also there's Milaana and MistVape Touch,

Thank you so much! I've not seen or tried any of those. This gives me something to look into. I have looked at the Fury 2 but was put off by the short battery life. I'll look at the edge. Thanks!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I second the recommendation for the Fury Edge.

I mostly use a Splinter or Splinter Z at home. For someone in your situation coming from an Air and a vapcap the Fury Edge is pretty close to a sure thing. The size is really handy, the heater is quick and powerful, and the draw resistance is better than the Solo II or Air 2.

Honestly Arizer has been forced to lower their prices and do their BOGO sales because of new devices like the ones from HealthyRips. I gave my Solo II to a friend and he's already replaced it with a Fury 2 because he thought the draw resistance of the Solo was annoying.

Maryjanie

I second the recommendation for the Fury Edge.

I mostly use a Splinter or Splinter Z at home. For someone in your situation coming from an Air and a vapcap the Fury Edge is pretty close to a sure thing. The size is really handy, the heater is quick and powerful, and the draw resistance is better than the Solo II or Air 2.

Honestly Arizer has been forced to lower their prices and do their BOGO sales because of new devices like the ones from HealthyRips. I gave my Solo II to a friend and he's already replaced it with a Fury 2 because he thought the draw resistance of the Solo was annoying.

Thanks for that bit of experience. I wont be buying a solo at this time. Maybe a future release. I love the glass tube/loading of my Air and ease of maintenance. Looking at Tinymight

Last edited:
Maryjanie,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for that bit of experience. I wont be buying a solo at this time. Maybe a future release. I love the glass tube/loading of my Air and ease of maintenance. Looking at Tinymight

Yeah I love the glass stem system, then RBT vapes and Mist and Tubo perfected it. Plug in log vapes are the original perhaps though... Using standard 18/14mm sizes clouds for a lot of options on top of being pure and easy to clean.

Using the Fury2 glass stems with Fury Edge is perfect, way more efficient than Air with same sort of glass stems (but better bc smaller with better glass screen holes too). There is a bent one and a wpa that fits any standard size female (10mm 14mm 18mm), it can also be used dry as a straight short stem. You can also load the steel chamber or capsule and use black glass bent stem, or straight stem or 3Dflow stems, for greater portability out and about. The Edge also has much improved battery life among other things.

HealthyRips also makes the Fierce however, which is larger with a hole size closer to Solo, also using glass stems or direct bowl loading. What is really nice about its setup is that the glass stems have a sheath even when they are fully inserted and used as the chamber. This makes it a lot more portable when using the glass stems out and about, way more so than the Air, maybe even than the ArGo I think... That one also has much longer battery life, and they are even swappable. They will be releasing a new version sometime next year with the steel heater of the Edge (Fury2 and Fierce have niChrome heaters FYI) among other soon-to-be announced improvements.

I pre-ordered a TinyMight so I can speak to that more directly at some point, but it is very early of course. Seems like it could be a new ideal, but these other ones I have mentioned are truly top-tier game changers coming from what you have :tup:

Maryjanie

They will be releasing a new version sometime next year with the steel heater of the Edge (Fury2 and Fierce have niChrome heaters FYI) among other soon-to-be announced improvements.

You are really selling me on the Edge. I'm not neccassarily in a hurry so would you wait for the new release if you were me? Can you clarify- is it a new version of the Edge or Fierce coming out?

Shit Snacks

You are really selling me on the Edge. I'm not neccassarily in a hurry so would you wait for the new release if you were me? Can you clarify- is it a new version of the Edge or Fierce coming out?

It is a new version of the larger Fierce, and I do not know when it will be released, presumably by 420 but that is pretty much based on nothing lol

But yeah seriously the Edge practically sells itself, it is far more than a nice budget vape, as it outperforms Arizer portables with a similar set up (and even more versatility with so many use options). The company is also active in their thread here and has great customer support!

So I think you should decide which one would appeal more to you, and if it is worth waiting for... You could always get the Edge for now and see, you may want to own both! Though Splinters etc could be fun for the fully pure on demand convection glass stem experience too.

I am working on a review for the Edge that I will be posting in that thread soon by the way...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: shredder

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The Edge came out a few months ago and is an update of the Fury 2. The Fierce came out a year ago and is larger with a removable battery. Both work great and the Edge is the more pocketable.

Shit Snacks

The Edge came out a few months ago and is an update of the Fury 2. The Fierce came out a year ago and is larger with a removable battery. Both work great and the Edge is the more pocketable.

(But also the Fierce2 is coming soon, which is new release I was referring to per the question)

Shit Snacks,

Bazinga

The Edge IMHO is a great budget vape. It's size makes it perfect for traveling. I use it with a dosing capsule with the lid off and leave the screen in the mouthpiece. Works great for me. Bought it from PIU for $126.65 ($149 less 15% discount).

Maryjanie

The Edge IMHO is a great budget vape. It's size makes it perfect for traveling. I use it with a dosing capsule with the lid off and leave the screen in the mouthpiece. Works great for me. Bought it from PIU for $126.65 ($149 less 15% discount).

What or who is PIU? How can I find them.

Maryjanie,

Maryjanie

(But also the Fierce2 is coming soon, which is new release I was referring to per the question)
A friend is really pushing Pax 3 at me. I've never used a Pax. I realize its conduction which I've never used. I'm a microdoser and she swears by a half pack and a setting that cools down between hits. She hits her oven's for multiple sessions. I do LOVE the size of the Pax but I'm scared. Lol. I could use a really portable pocket vape which is what's making me look at it. Any thoughts? Is it truly just "that different" so there's no comparison? Have you used a Pax?

Maryjanie,

Maryjanie

Puffitup.com (PIU) is a reputable online vape shop that always has a 15% off coupon that works on most stuff.

Please look at the post I just made to Shit Snacks concerning Pax. Please let me know if you can comment on this

Maryjanie,

Shit Snacks

A friend is really pushing Pax 3 at me. I've never used a Pax. I realize its conduction which I've never used. I'm a microdoser and she swears by a half pack and a setting that cools down between hits. She hits her oven's for multiple sessions. I do LOVE the size of the Pax but I'm scared. Lol. I could use a really portable pocket vape which is what's making me look at it. Any thoughts? Is it truly just "that different" so there's no comparison? Have you used a Pax?

Haha thank you for the name appreciation!

I have not used the Pax3, just the 2 briefly. I used to use the indica for my pure session conduction vaping a few years ago before pure on demand convection ruined them for me lol

That's impressive if it can be efficient with the cool down, and that now they finally have a half pack spacer (Indica always had this, capable of packing any amount, one of the many features that made it slay the Pax for me personally) but I doubt it can be as efficient as the Edge honestly... I also know it cannot be set lower than 360F I think it is? Edge starts at 320F where I get amazing flavor and still nice clouds too. Technically speaking, the Pax has less power so hit for hit off same amount it is going to be weaker overall.

Compared to Arizer as well, I just wouldn't think the Pax could be as efficient based on its chamber, heating tech, and temperature settings. One of my biggest issues with the Pax, so physically it looks and feels great, is the ridiculously high price for what it is. My friend who chose to get a Pax2 clone bc of the style recently upgraded to a used Fury2 I got her from a member here and according to her it is so much better...

I totally understand the appeal, but personally for me I have zero use for it these days. If I really need a super portable, I am fortunate enough to have easy access to oil cartridges in California. Of course I do prefer herbs, but I've also become a vapor quality snob? lol

Shit Snacks,

Maryjanie

I am fortunate enough to have easy access to oil cartridges in California. Of course I do prefer herbs, but I've also become a vapor quality snob

Ha! I have my medical card in FL so I have easy access to everything too. I can get weed delivered to my door bc its state law but I live so far out in the country I cant get pizza delivered. Lol. I've been using concentrate carts for stealth but I prefer flower. Here's my situation- I live 32 acres in the middle of nowhere. No neighbors within sight. I'm surrounded by nothing but huge farms. There's 490+ miles of dirt roads in my county of 4,000 people which provide hours of riding in my polaris ranger. Total eye candy all around me. Beautiful rolling hills, big old oak trees, a river, blah blah. I can leave my house and ride for hours and never ride the same road twice. Sometimes I never pass another vehicle. Sometime I'll pass a few. Even though "the law" is pretty much non existant around here, I have seen them creeping along my dirt road and my teenage son got pulled over on the ranger one day so it can happen. But riding dirt roads or messing around my farm is my hobby. I'm tired of taking concentrate pens with me. I want to take flower. I prefer it by a long shot. I want it to fit in my jacket pocket or easily hide it under something in my glove box. It's a situation where the chances of getting caught are very slim but if it happens the chances are high the cop will be a small country town dick. Know what I mean? When I started this post, I wasnt thinking about flower portability but now that I'm seeing some options I am. I cant say I'm a flavor snob but maybe I am and I dont know it bc all I've vaped out of are convection units. Lol. Right now I'm simply thinking of stealth. What would a small town country cop question first- a pax or an edge? Lol. Either way, I've gone from looking at a Solo to looking for a tiny hide for the ride. Heck, I could prolly take a solo sized vape with me and be just fine out here! Lol.

Shit Snacks

Ha! I have my medical card in FL so I have easy access to everything too. I can get weed delivered to my door bc its state law but I live so far out in the country I cant get pizza delivered. Lol. I've been using concentrate carts for stealth but I prefer flower. Here's my situation- I live 32 acres in the middle of nowhere. No neighbors within sight. I'm surrounded by nothing but huge farms. There's 490+ miles of dirt roads in my county of 4,000 people which provide hours of riding in my polaris ranger. Total eye candy all around me. Beautiful rolling hills, big old oak trees, a river, blah blah. I can leave my house and ride for hours and never ride the same road twice. Sometimes I never pass another vehicle. Sometime I'll pass a few. Even though "the law" is pretty much non existant around here, I have seen them creeping along my dirt road and my teenage son got pulled over on the ranger one day so it can happen. But riding dirt roads or messing around my farm is my hobby. I'm tired of taking concentrate pens with me. I want to take flower. I prefer it by a long shot. I want it to fit in my jacket pocket or easily hide it under something in my glove box. It's a situation where the chances of getting caught are very slim but if it happens the chances are high the cop will be a small country town dick. Know what I mean? When I started this post, I wasnt thinking about flower portability but now that I'm seeing some options I am. I cant say I'm a flavor snob but maybe I am and I dont know it bc all I've vaped out of are convection units. Lol. Right now I'm simply thinking of stealth. What would a small town country cop question first- a pax or an edge? Lol. Either way, I've gone from looking at a Solo to looking for a tiny hide for the ride. Heck, I could prolly take a solo sized vape with me and be just fine out here! Lol.

Haha ooof that sounds nice and not so nice simultaneously. So Pax is more inconspicuous, but stinky? I use my Edge in the car though, also the Splinter and MistVape Imp, on demand convection is great for driving though yeah glass stems less portable. Edge can be portable and stealthy in pockets though, 510 vapes are pretty easy to use in movie theaters, anywhere really like an oil pen, on demand convection is best. These vapes can outperform the Firefly in my experience too... Grasshopper would've been a good option if it weren't for all its various flaws

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom