Trippy movies and animations

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Hey, is there any recommendation for a movie something like "Enter the void" from 2009 ? but maybe less trippy ? thanks ;)
LOL "maybe less trippy"
I guess Watchowski films don't qualify... You could try Fried Barry for something funny and fucked up.... or Bad Boy Bubby for something wacky (and just as hard to watch at times)

That could have been me. I sold acid when I was 14.
What did you do with the money? :lol:
I feel like Mandy definitely should have been mentioned here.

I say a Hard No to horror films in this thread. Brown acid.

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
Hey guys ! I decided to start on a movie/show recommendation thread. I am not really into dramas,my favorite type of movies are the trippy ones you enjoy watching while are HAF .
The first one on my list is Zardoz with Sean Connery... Maaan i cannot even imagine how they convinced him to do his part,maybe it is the ton of beautiful nude women in it ,but handsdown it is one of the most trippy movies ever.
MV5BNjllYTIxMDEtOWE0ZC00MDFhLTk1MzctYjM3ZTJkMTVlN2VkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

MV5BMTY2Y2NkNzUtNjBlMy00OGU2LThjOTUtYTA1Y2YzMGRhMDJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg
MV5BMTU3MDgyMDYwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzUzNTU3MTE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,786,1000_AL_.jpg
MV5BMWYyOTJiNjEtZjllOS00NTI2LTlkNTctMmViNjNmNzBiN2MwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg
MV5BZmJiYWI2NjYtNmZiMS00ZTBmLWEwNjItN2RmM2E3NzlmY2ZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SY1000_SX790_AL_.jpg
Just watched this it was great, thanks. I can tell this threads gonna give me plenty of great watches!

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I say a Hard No to horror films in this thread. Brown acid.
Exclude a whole genre? Nah, weird and trippy has been very popular in horror and horror crossovers for a long time... too many good ones out there to overlook.

My nickname for one of my dogs is Bubby, and having watched Bad Boy Bubby, I feel a little guilty calling him that.
"Bubby" is Yiddish for grandmother but has evolved in the American vernacular to be a more generalized term for a "loved one"... so, you're still good. No idea what it means in Aussie-land but it looks like a good flick...! Not sure how I missed it, quite honestly.

Anyway, let's start with Alejandro Jodorowsky's three big ones:

El Topo

The Holy Mountain

Santa Sangre

Last edited:
Bologna,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I found El Topo unwatchable because of the atrocious audio quality. The actors' voices in the outdoor scenes sounded like they were dubbed with indoor recordings!

The guy is a genious but subtlety is not his thing at all, lol.

Exclude a whole genre? Nah, weird and trippy has been very popular in horror and horror crossovers for a long time... too many good ones out there to overlook.
Well, not to be a pedant but the thread title does not say "weird" and I don't know about you but i prefer my psychedelic experiences free of gore and body horror... And I am not sure at all about the psychological consequences of watching that stuff... especially if the viewer is on cannabis.

Raskolnikov

Back in the day when I was a regular user of acid my favourite thing to watch was the clangers. Very strange children's program but I loved it when on a trip. I was big into the rave scene in the 90s and used to always take acid at them and when I came home tripping out my box I would watch the clangers for hours.
The Moby song Go has an amazing video to watch if on it too. Things I would never watch straight suddenly became amazing on Acid The rocky horror picture show was one too.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I found El Topo unwatchable because of the atrocious audio quality. The actors' voices in the outdoor scenes sounded like they were dubbed with indoor recordings!

The guy is a genious but subtlety is not his thing at all, lol.

Well, not to be a pedant but the thread title does not say "weird" and I don't know about you but i prefer my psychedelic experiences free of gore and body horror... And I am not sure at all about the psychological consequences of watching that stuff... especially if the viewer is on cannabis.
Haha...! The only things I agree with is that Alejandro Jodorowsky is a genius and that "weird" isn't in the thread title... (along with "psychedelic", too, incidentally ;))

And as great as it is, I personally don't consider 'A Fish Called Wanda' a trippy movie... but it's perfectly alright if @olysh does!

Annnnywaaaaay, while I wouldn't necessarily call them "psychedelic", I would say these psychological thriller/dramas contain very "trippy" elements... Here's a few picks from director #2, Darren Aronofsky, starting with his debut:

Pi

Requiem for A Dream

Mother!

Last edited:
Bologna,

olysh pops

Mother I watched it a few months ago, it's really creepy hahaha, Requiem for a dream I saw a few years ago, it's really trippy indeed :) As for Pi, I just couldn't get into it, too cold, too slow or too reflective for my taste.

It seems to me that The last battle Luc Besson's first film is trippy, isn't it ?

lederniercombat8.jpg

lederniercombat4.jpg

lederniercombat7.jpg

lederniercombat3.jpg

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
As a cult, black-and-white film, it seems to me that The last battle Luc Besson's first film (with Jean Reno of course) is trippy, isn't it ?
I'll have to look that one up, it appears to be right up my alley. Admittedly, I probably haven't watched as many foreign language films as I should've by this point. The synopsis instantly made me think of this 2013 Russian medieval science fiction epic I watched a few years ago... The way it's shot and level of detail alone makes it trippy if not totally mesmerizing:

Hard to Be a God

Almost 3 hours of vile filth is a tough slog for most people... it even took me a couple of sittings to get thru, but I'm glad I did.

Watch the whole film for free here.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Here's another excellent "trippy" French flick that you see rarely get mentioned... very HIGHly recommended!: Holy Motors

movie-poster-holy-motors-2012-2JJGNFD.jpg

Last edited:
Bologna,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Ok, let's see, where were "we"? Ah yes, director #3, Ari Aster... overall, maybe a bit over-rated, but I'm still quite impressed with his work and he only seems to be getting better. lookmovie2.to is finally streaming his 3rd feature, 'Beau Is Afraid', but at 179 mins, I gotta tell ya, Bologna is kinda afraid... 😱 :dog::

Heredity (more weird than trippy, but still pretty trippy)

Midsommar (def trippy/psychedelic)

Beau Is Afraid (?)

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Now this talented Brit, Alex Garland, the dude that wrote 'The Beach', about a young pothead's dream community that my generation seemed to adore (I didn't read it and the movie wasn't very good), has become quite a skilled director in recent years after many years as a very successful screenwriter, among other things. His 2018 release, 'Annihilation' I would def consider trippy AND psychedelic. I'll spare you the trailers of the two other flicks of his that are also quite good and weird, 'Ex Machina' and 'Men' as they lean more towards straight-up science fiction and horror, respectively. I haven't seen his debut feature, 'Dredd', and I look forward to his next, 'Civil War'.

Annihilation trailer
✌️

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
ever been so high you ask, where am I ? this might help but probably not and just make you want another bowl ✌️

Bad Dog,
Top Bottom