Trippy movies and animations

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey guys ! I decided to start on a movie/show recommendation thread. I am not really into dramas,my favorite type of movies are the trippy ones you enjoy watching while are HAF .
The first one on my list is Zardoz with Sean Connery... Maaan i cannot even imagine how they convinced him to do his part,maybe it is the ton of beautiful nude women in it ,but handsdown it is one of the most trippy movies ever.
MV5BNjllYTIxMDEtOWE0ZC00MDFhLTk1MzctYjM3ZTJkMTVlN2VkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

MV5BMTY2Y2NkNzUtNjBlMy00OGU2LThjOTUtYTA1Y2YzMGRhMDJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg
MV5BMTU3MDgyMDYwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzUzNTU3MTE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,786,1000_AL_.jpg
MV5BMWYyOTJiNjEtZjllOS00NTI2LTlkNTctMmViNjNmNzBiN2MwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg
MV5BZmJiYWI2NjYtNmZiMS00ZTBmLWEwNjItN2RmM2E3NzlmY2ZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SY1000_SX790_AL_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
One day in my late teens, five of us piled into an old VW bug and drove 45 miles to San Francisco to see the just released 200 Motels by Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention. A friend and I had bought a tab of blue barrel LSD from a 14 yr. old and split it. All the way into the City we smoked pipe load after pipe load of hash.

As we walked through the lobby, the black streaked maroon walls pulsated. I followed my group into the theater and sat by my tripping friend. To tell you the truth, I had trouble understanding the movie trailers played. I just remember a lot of pendulums swinging.

The movie starts with an incredibly orchestrated fanfare that gets musically creepy real fast. Here is the sound track. Listen to the opening fanfare and imagine you are out-of-your-mind stoned.

Anyway, if you are tripping, it's a real trippy movie. Filmed in 7 days on video in England, and transferred to film (1st one ever), it includes animation, wild costumes, Ringo Starr dressed up to look like Frank Zappa, Keith Moon dressed as a nun, Dental Hygiene Dilemmas, and great music.

My friend who dropped with me left the theater mid-movie. We found him afterwards in the lobby bathroom. He thought Zappa was the devil and after his soul. He later left our group, became a Christian and moved to Oakland, not necessarily in that order.

Last edited:

ginolicious

I enjoyed V wars on Netflix. Found that a tad trippy if it were to ever become real. Kinda has a bit of similarities to the whole covid pandemic. Also the into to avatar had me tripping balls when I was naked watching in imax 3D. I was trying to pop the bubbles as he’s floating. Haha.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
This is one of the most amazing European (Hungarian) animations ever made .. 1981 a true visual revolution :). It is based on folktale ,funny thing is we got a very similar one here called the Tale of the Underworld.
Son of The White Mare
I hope you can find it good quality it is such a threat ! You can watch it without subtitles and knowing hungarian,there isnt much talk.

MV5BZGU4YmViOGItYmU4OS00YjJjLWExMWUtYjI0ZjM2NTk2MWEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUxNjc5NjY@._V1_.jpg

This is a more recent masterpiece. I always have been a Samurai Jack fan,also grew up with some of his othere stuff :). I seriously recommend this one. It should have gotten an Oscar or similar award.
MV5BNDFhZDEzYWMtYzU5NC00MDE5LThhOTMtNDViYjMxMDE2OGRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,703,1000_AL_.jpg

@Vicki You got great taste ! In fact this is one of the animations that formed my taste for movies/animations. The Fakk2000 is also a cool one,but bot as great as the first.There even was a PC game on it.
@biffobear That is a great one indeed,i know it because that guy is from my Country.. There are many talanted ,but very few succeed here,due to the poor economic conditions. So much thought in such short time.This kind of stuff is very welcome in this thread,please keep sharing ,if you know other great short movies.
@macbill I am getting splashbacks .ust by looking at his mustache,thanks,i am going to check it out.
@GinoLicious I monitor some of shows that go on the netflix network.I dig 12 monkeys,100, Vwars was a cool one,but if it goes down to vampires i prefer the Van Helsing chicks. If you havent watched it i recommend Castlevania Castlevania (2017-)
@Vape_Or_Die420 Have yet to watch that one,but i have it on my list. I am currently watching that show from the RicknMorty creators ,but it is not nearly as good,probably not going to finish it,also i am re-watching One Punch man,maybe it is the contrast that ruins my impression.
Since we hit the animation there i am gonna go forward with recommening some other classics. Ralph Bakshi is the man !
MV5BM2UyY2NhY2YtZGU5OS00MjE5LTlhZGYtNDU3OWE3NmZmOWY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjMwMjk0MTQ@._V1_SY1000_SX660_AL_.jpg
MV5BY2Y1OWI2MmItYjYxYS00NjUwLWJkM2ItNmE2NmIzMDJmNDM3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,639,1000_AL_.jpg
MV5BYjc4OTdiODgtYjk5NC00N2E3LWJkOGQtNzgzMzAwOTljY2IzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzM4MjM0Nzg@._V1_.jpg

Haha another timeless classic with cats is Cat City (1986) !
MV5BMTY1OTQ5ODc2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjIwODgxMQ@@._V1_.jpg
Have you heard of Altered States 1980 ?
A Harvard scientist conducts experiments on himself with a hallucinatory drug and an isolation chamber that may be causing him to regress genetically.

MV5BZTdkOTU5NDYtZjk4NC00NDA0LTlkMDItODY3ZWU2Y2VkNzFjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_SY999_CR0,0,673,999_AL_.jpg

Guess i am going to live some things for later posts,lol !
Have a great day guys !

Last edited by a moderator:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ive been watching The Midnight Gospel on Netflix. It's a trippy, mindful and funny cartoon/Duncan Trussell podcast.

I love when Duncan Trussel is on Drunk History, everytime I imagine his name as Drunken Tussle :lol:

Has anyone seen The Shivering Truth on Adult Swim?

I tried to watch it once, but it was too wild for me at the time, the trailer was insane lol Noticed a second season premiered recently... I do love stop motion claymation, I should give it a try again.

Under the Skin has some trippy imagery, watched that recently along with The One I Love, which also has a trippy concept. But then I watched Coherence, which I enjoyed the most, cool trippy concept that I don't want to spoil...

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I tried to watch it once, but it was too wild for me at the time, the trailer was insane lol Noticed a second season premiered recently... I do love stop motion claymation, I should give it a try again.

Under the Skin has some trippy imagery, watched that recently along with The One I Love, which also has a trippy concept. But then I watched Coherence, which I enjoyed the most, cool trippy concept that I don't want to spoil...
Yeah, The Shivering Truth crew are regular trippers for sure.. they have to be to put out shit like that.. I really like that stuff though.. weird AF.. I didn't realize it wasn't a new show, I thought this was the first season.

Man, Under The Skin has been on my list for sooo long, I really need to get to that one, A24 usually does well. I was always on the fence about The One I Love, I'm not sure if it's still on my list.. I've seen Coherence though and I really enjoyed the concept.. definitely super low budget and kinda improvised feeling.. it's weird to put my finger on it, but the way the characters interacted w/ each other and delivered lines almost felt like a semi-improv class exercise that was filmed and made into a movie.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, The Shivering Truth crew are regular trippers for sure.. they have to be to put out shit like that.. I really like that stuff though.. weird AF.. I didn't realize it wasn't a new show, I thought this was the first season.

Man, Under The Skin has been on my list for sooo long, I really need to get to that one, A24 usually does well. I was always on the fence about The One I Love, I'm not sure if it's still on my list.. I've seen Coherence though and I really enjoyed the concept.. definitely super low budget and kinda improvised feeling.. it's weird to put my finger on it, but the way the characters interacted w/ each other and delivered lines almost felt like a semi-improv class exercise that was filmed and made into a movie.

Haha yeah the first season was several years ago, a lot of time in between, I don't think many people knew about it at all.

There is actually a TV series in the works based on Under the Skin now too, could be cool... Movie was a little slow for me lol The One I Love is cute/fun, A24 does a lot of great stuff!

Agreed about Coherence, they wrote it to be a super low budget sci-fi, shot all in one place (their house), and yes super indie improv style acting that helped everything feel real. There's an article online that breaks down everything that actually happened, it's pretty wild! The writer/director wrote Rango (another trippy cartoon modern-classic) and was the conceptual artist for Pirates of the Caribbean first.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
The Holy Mountain is the psychedelic film to end all psychedelic films :)

People bleeding birds. A recreation of the Spanish invasion of south america with exploding frogs and toads. A giant robot vagina one must coax into orgasm.

"You are excrement. You can change yourself into GOLD!"

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Horror and Paranormal Talk, art, photography ... on Twitter: Best ...

A non-consenting heroic-dose group nightmare; from the director of 'Into The Void'... I definitely haven't seen anything quite like it.. the second half captured the tone and atmosphere it was going for pretty well, but the first half dragged and could've been cut down a lot IMO, but I get why it was deliberately built up slowly.. at least it's pretty original; I caught it on Prime recently.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Horror and Paranormal Talk, art, photography ... on Twitter: Best ...

A non-consenting heroic-dose group nightmare; from the director of 'Into The Void'... I definitely haven't seen anything quite like it.. the second half captured the tone and atmosphere it was going for pretty well, but the first half dragged and could've been cut down a lot IMO, but I get why it was deliberately built up slowly.. at least it's pretty original; I caught it on Prime recently.

Just watched this and now I feel awful.

Thanks! :)

daoist

Fear and loathing in las vegas. based on a true experiences by hunter s thompson.

A clockwork orange

And that french movie climax was pretty sick too.

Last edited:
daoist,
Reactions: macbill

Dustin McKief

Nice bump, @macbill I love trippy stuff!

I recently watched Greener Grass on Hulu and it was very trippy to me. It's on the longer side, so it took a few sessions to complete.

Another trippy, underrated gem is How to Get Ahead in Advertising.

Dustin McKief,
Reactions: macbill

GoldenBud

Hey, is there any recommendation for a movie something like "Enter the void" from 2009 ? but maybe less trippy ? thanks ;)

GoldenBud,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I feel like Mandy definitely should have been mentioned here.
If only for both the underwear freakout and the chainsaw fight scenes alone.
This was crazy Nic Cage at one of his best crazy.

dbf3eb71662463.5be537ed8c8e9.png

Top Bottom