Travelling to the USA - dispensary recommendations

Stonedbadger

Hello all,

Towards the end of June I will be travelling to the US and I am looking forward to exploring all the comes with legal weed.

We will be staying in LA, Denver and Vegas and would really appreciate any recommendations for where to pick up some nice dispensary weed!

Im travelling from Aus so will probably need to pick up a vape over there as well.

Also would appreciate any advice re where to vape/smoke.

Cheers

vapviking

Old & In the Way
HA!
When Colorado first went legal there were tours like the ones through wine country!

You'll have no trouble finding cannabis in the places you are going.
In New York we can now vape or smoke canna while walking down the street, it is legal wherever smoking a cigarette is legal. That cuts out most parks, public venues, etc., but out on the street, we're good! I think you need to be a little discreet in California...

fogbank

You can find lots of licensed recreational cannabis dispensaries in LA. If you're in Orange County there are several licensed dispensaries in Santa Ana. Stick with licensed dispensaries. Dispensaries tend to aggregate in the few areas that allow them. All you need is a legitimate ID to prove your age. Don't store any opened container of cannabis in your car, store them in the trunk or in the wheel well if driving a hatchback etc. Driving with an open container is probably your biggest legal risk, but even then it is fairly low risk.

As far as where to vape is concerned, I think there are some lounges in LA, but I've never been to one. Don't consume in public, or where smoking is prohibited etc.

Zipford

Thanks for your replys. I'm getting very excited!

What are the hotels like with weed?
I think it is generally treated like tobacco, so if you smoke/vape it in a non-smoking room, there may be a hefty surcharge if the room ends up smelling.

FYI, the US is somewhat odd in that every state has a somewhat different cannabis regime, even where legal. Like in NY you can smoke anywhere you can smoke tobacco, including in public (but it isn't being sold legally yet), while in Massachusetts you cannot smoke it in public (but they have dispensaries). So what is OK in California may not be in Colorado or Nevada. And I don't believe you can fly with cannabis even between legal states, because it is still illegal federally.

If you're going to be going from state to state, you need to figure out what is OK in each and if you're going to drive through states where it is still illegal, well you get the point I assume.

TeaCup

FYI, the US is somewhat odd in that every state has a somewhat different cannabis regime, even where legal
Yes, this. 👆 You cannot buy in my legal state unless you have a cannabis card from this state.

Anywhere but Berners in California, unless you like paying $80 for 3.5 grams.
Got ya beat, $83. ;)

I hate my dispensaries. They can't cure for shit and the prices have gone nothing but up, and the sale percentages have gone nothing but down been since they opened. When one of our dispensaries upped there quarters to 160 I sent them an email saying they were crooks and they should move the fuck over and give someone else a try who actually may give a shit about helping medical patients out. Sorry, rant over, lol. :rant:But I do hate my dispensaries.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
You're probably best off ordering a vape online and having it shipped to the hotel.
Im travelling from Aus so will probably need to pick up a vape over there as well.

I totally understand why you may want to do this, & to each their own when it comes to having this kind of peace of mind, but from my experience there is no need for it - vaporizers are not illegal.
I travelled to the states with several vapes to use while I was there, then I cleaned 'em, & brought 'em back home again along with some other paraphernalia & glassware I picked up & used along the way. No issues. Also been to Amsterdam & Spain etc. several times with vapes & glassware - as long as things are mostly clean it should be all good.

:peace:

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
I'd recommend being discrete about it no matter where you go. No point in attracting someone nagging you. They can fuck off, who cares what people think but still better to avoid.

Also never carry/transport more than an ounce at a time.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,

Zipford

I'd recommend being discrete about it no matter where you go. No point in attracting someone nagging you. They can fuck off, who cares what people think but still better to avoid.

Also never carry/transport more than an ounce at a time.
Probably a good general rule, though in New York State I can carry (or give away!) up to 3 ounces.

And I agree about the discretion also, one never knows who might flip out on you! Rude...
This underscores the point I was making about the laws varying, and sort of raises a practical point I was getting at but didn't spell out: depending on your situation and how you're getting from LA to Las Vegas and beyond, it probably makes sense to buy just what you will consume in a particular locale and not plan on bringing it between states (especially if you're flying).

The scuttlebutt seems to be that the TSA is not actively looking for weed, but if you buy an ounce in LA out of exuberance, I wouldn't recommend trying to fly with a 1/2 ounce of weed in your luggage. Even if there is no penalty at all, you'll probably at least miss your flight if they happen to find it, because they refer it to law enforcement. So it'll suck even if the local cops come and say no sweat.

I'm sure it happens everyday that people fly with weed no problem, but I'd think it's a potential hassle you don't want.

darbarikanada

I'd add that most 'budtenders' (the people who work in the dispensaries) are pretty close to useless as a source of information (no offense to the rare budtender who really knows their shit - they do exist); when you're deciding which of the 100's (1000's?) of strains to buy, you're better off researching on the web using sites like leafly - the sites aren't perfect, but should give you some useful information.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The scuttlebutt seems to be that the TSA is not actively looking for weed, but if you buy an ounce in LA out of exuberance, I wouldn't recommend trying to fly with a 1/2 ounce of weed in your luggage. Even if there is no penalty at all, you'll probably at least miss your flight if they happen to find it, because they refer it to law enforcement. So it'll suck even if the local cops come and say no sweat.
Actually, LAX has a policy now that allows you to have up to an ounce on you in the airport, so that's not really a concern anymore (In LA anyway).

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Actually, LAX has a policy now that allows you to have up to an ounce on you in the airport, so that's not really a concern anymore (In LA anyway).

WOW, that's absolutely incredible! :o

VapePerson,

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer
I'd add that most 'budtenders' (the people who work in the dispensaries) are pretty close to useless as a source of information...
I agree for the most part, but they do partake... I like to ask, "Of these, which do you like and why?" The price of dispo weed where I live has crashed, so it's nice to know which $50 half is the good one ;)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Ya gotta go to Planet 13 while you are in Vegas.

Then get stoned and go to Omega Mart. I'll just say that it's an experience (you can thank me later for that one).

Last edited:

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
If you're in Denver you should try Rare Dankness. They breed their Rare Darkness strain males to famous strains and produce Indica that doesnt leave you glued to tbe coach. Its by far my favorite grow op in Denver. Indica that leaves you uplifted and motivated is great, no paranoia even though it thits you like a Sativa.

Top Bottom