Traveling with Medication

shortwind

I will be flying from Southern Calif. to Phoenix, AZ. in a few days. I will not even attempt to take anything in carry-on. However, I do have some medicated hard candy and wonder if it can escape drug dog sniffing if it is packed into my check-in suitcase. If I have to do without for a week, I will, but it would be healthwise better for me to have my medicine with me.
Anybody have any feedback on how feasible it is to safely take cannabis candy in my check-in luggage?
Your feedback is appreciated!
Thanks,
shortwind
P.S. I have no contacts in AZ to obtain medicine from, plus my MFLB is too residuey to safely take.

shortwind,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just travelled to Brazil for Carnaval, and I brought some edibles in my checked bag, but I used my foodsaver vaccuum sealer to ensure that there was no odor. It was a good thing, too because a TSA dog came right up to my bag and smelled nothing. I also vaccuum sealed some homemade hash and stashed it in a head and shoulders bottle (brand new). Worked like a charm! :brow:

Stu,

shortwind

Hi Stu:

Thanks for the info. I don't have any vacuum sealer...nor time to get one. Probably just leave the stuff at home and take a "tolerance" break!
Cheers,
Shortwind

shortwind,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
If you are checking a bag anyway, just throw the candy in the luggage with your toiletries or in a pants pocket. I am pretty sure you will not have any problem. I wouldn't try to carry it on (depending) on how it's packaged (what it says on the package)...

:2c: good luck!

Bluntcrush,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
FWIW - If im not mistaken the 'TSA Dogs' are merely BOMB sniffing dogs and not trained in seeking drugs.

In this state of the flying world, I think the last thing they are concerned with is someone bringing a little stash with them. :2c:

AGBeer,

SmokingElectricity

i wrapped an 1/8 up in about 15 coffee filters, saran wrapped that, then wrapped again in packing clear packing tape and put it into a brand new bottle of baby powder for a florida trip a few years back for my aunt wendys funeral. checked my bag and had no problems.

SmokingElectricity,
Top Bottom