Totally New to Flower and Dry Herb Vaping! What Can I Expect Switching From Oil Cartridges?

Robert-in-YEG

Thankfully HOAs don't really exist in the UK, at least not too the same extent as they do in North America. My uncle lived in BC, in a very nice hillside development overlooking Vancouver, an absolutely stunning setting. He died a few years ago and the immediate family congregated at his house. We were organising his send off and had lots of visitors coming and going whilst making arrangements and having visitors give us thier condolences. One particular day, the day before the funeral, the house was particularly busy with last minute organising. This was the moment the HOA knocked on the door to complain about cars parked on the street. They were well out of everyone's way but that wasn't good enough. I swear that's the closest I've ever come to committing an assault.
Actually I have nothing to complain about. I wouldn't want to smell a bong 24 hours a day.

I never liked smoking, so dry herb vaping has been a game changer for me.

Robert-in-YEG

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: florduh

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It Got here everybody!! I just tried a bit of Zookies and it is great!! I'm almost certain there's stuff I got wrong this first time since I'm just learning the ins and outs of the v3 and I bet just fiddling around with it for a bit, I bet I'd burned a good amount of stuff before I figured out a good way to smoke it but for what it's worth I'm a big fan!

Honestly the one thing I was underwhelmed by was the hit to the lungs. People were telling me it would feel harsher but honestly it didn't! But I also wasn't great at doing drags either the first few times. I've noticed that you get the best clouds if you take a hit while the thing is heating up in session mode. That said, I don't quite get On Demand mode yet and I've noticed if I leave it on demand for more than like, 5-10 minutes consecutively at the same temperature idling it eventually just gets no vapor at all and yet the device is still hot? Many mysteries abound this device haha!

If you notice, if you look at it when you're not hitting it, and on demand mode, a timer starts to count down, yes it will auto shut off, by 5 to 10 minutes it was turned off, if you would have looked at the screen before you press the button to try to hit it, you would have realized that it was off and that's why you didn't get a hit! The fact that it was still warm doesn't matter haha

That said, I think I triggered at least 2 "session" timers and at least one on demand burn too and once I took the weed out it was brown so my comments on the flavor are a little suspect but for what it's worth I looked up the Leafly strain and it tasted remarkably similar!

I also took it out and packed in another lil grinder bit in! I tried to hit it for a session too to compare the AVB so in terms of ingestion I thiiink I overdid it a bit haha! Honestly though I think the main takeaway is that this is way more user friendly and intuitive than I thought it would be and I'm certainly ready to be a part of this community!

Yeah it's not going to burn, it doesn't get hot enough to burn, no need to worry there...

I also get what you all mean by saying you can't get just ONE Vaporizer too haha! The water pipe attachment I got was for the Xmax Starry so I'm lowkey like "hey how much for one of those?? :hmm:" because I bet a rip from this in a water piece would be great!!

Thanks again everybody for being so welcoming and oddly wholesome too! I'm glad to share this corner of the internet with y'all! :D

Glad you're having such success off the bat! Yeah the starry could be fun for you to try, it is session conduction, it has a larger oven chamber, and when it is running in session mode it is constantly cooking the herb for you and you just puff on it, so it is not going to be as efficient, if you do not hit it while it is on it will extract the herb without you getting any of it lol

FURTHER QUESTIONS THOUGH!!

How much do you Vape in a session?
The v3 specifically has the session timer on a 6 minute timer or a 4 minute timer. How many drags do you take in that allotted time? Do you hold the button down every time you take a hit or is that only for on demand mode? Is there a moment where you achieve peak vapor? Help me find the golden ratio!! :bowdown:

You only hold the button down for on demand mode, session is like it is constantly running the heat for you, again being convection it is only mostly going to vape as you inhale, as opposed to the session conduction starry... On demand mode, you hold down the button, wait for it to vibrate or look at the screen to see when it hits temp, keep the button held down and then inhale, as long as you want, it will shut off after 30 seconds and then you will have to press the button again for another 30 second hit if you want... And yeah there is an idle timer, not even that long I think it is under 5 minutes, in on demand mode that it will shut off, then you have to turn the entire vape back on... And you're going to need to spend more time with it, experimenting with the different modes and temperature settings, how you grind and load is also a big factor, along with how you inhale... You'll get there bud! :tup:

Best to post about it here, so you can get more convo and feedback for usage tips:

Top Bottom