Torch lighter has broken my glass vaporizer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gb902

Vaporog
Yesterday I have bought a powerful torch lighter and tried it with my ubie. After the first hit, I have noticed a small crack on the glass, in the point where the flame was hitting so I changed immediately the lighter with a weaker torch lighter. But after the following hits, the crack was expanding and now the glass is almost broken... How is it possible? Or maybe I have done something wrong?

gabry

gb902,

max

Out to lunch
You used a torch lighter on a vape meant to be used with a regular, lower temp lighter. Although you can use a torch, you have to be careful to keep it further away from the glass. Looks like you failed to to do that. It's also possible that it had a slight defect in the glass, and the high heat caused a crack or made a hairline crack worse. Either way, too much heat did it.

The Ubie's about as cheap as you can get, so at least you haven't lost much.

max,

gb902

Vaporog
I have read on a site that the pyrex glass can resist until about 450C (if I'm not wrong), but some torch lighters (like mine) are more hot, around 1300C (or even 3000C) so the glass doesn't have any chance to survive.
As you have said, TheUbie is very cheap so I haven't lost much, and probably my next vaporizer will be the Aluminium bat (VaporGenie), so I avoid any similar problems.

modnote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_shock

gb902,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom