too much weed (in Washington at least)

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
I shop mostly in Maine, on the opposite coast! Though weed has only been legal retailed for like two years, it already seems that there's way too many stores and way too many growers. I live in NH near the border and the nearest Maine small town now has five recreational dispensaries and another four medical. My favorite place there and my favorite place in the state over in Portland, both of which are integrated grow/process/retail with high quality standards, both tell me they are in financial trouble because of all the competition. I hope some of the small good guys survive. Or will the big corporations take over, as they have in so much of life?

Cannabiker

I'll bet the cannabis industry is much like alcohol, in that the heaviest 10% of users consume something like 90% of the product. However, I'll bet that heavy cannabis users are much more likely to produce our own than alcohol users are. The legal market has little appeal for me because legalization removed the restrictions to growing, giving me control over my own supply. That's a big blow to the industry, because I'm part of that 10%. If many in my cohort stay out of the market (except for buying clones and the occasional treat), 90% of sales are threatened. Of course, now that I'm not spending much money on weed, I have plenty for vaporizers, so my money stays in the cannabis space.

Last edited:
Top Bottom