Tons of crappy weed... now what?

exit

My friend got a ton of older weed for super cheap because it was dry and I found a big bag of decent (not amazing, but good enough) stuff I thought i lost.

It's not spectacular weed, some of it is honestly pretty bad, what's the "best" ways to deal with weed that isnt that great quality?

exit,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
While making concentrates is probably your best bet, the old saying of "you get out of it what you put in it" comes into effect here. The quality of the herb put into the concentrate will have an effect on the quality of the concentrate you get out of it.

NYC5IKH5jabi

While making concentrates is probably your best bet, the old saying of "you get out of it what you put in it" comes into effect here. The quality of the herb put into the concentrate will have an effect on the quality of the concentrate you get out of it.
Yep he's right. But seeing as how abv can produce some great concentrate when done right I'm sure even extra dry buds will come out fine.

NYC5IKH5jabi,

Pcpvapors

I've tried to make edibles with a terrible batch of greens, it wasn't worth the effort to say the least. However, there was a thread started about water curing really shit bud to lessen the nasty and it supposedly help the overall effects. I mean I don't know if you still smoke or not but I would suggest the water curing and then just snapping bowls of it.

Pcpvapors,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Well you say you got a ton of it right? If it was me i would make dry ice hash for a rough concentrate with high yield to extract the majority of the goodness, then i would make oil with the dry ice hash. You will minimize the amount of plant material to extract (ie better oil) and use less solvent for easier purging. Good luck.

farscaper

Sounds like u got stuff thats on par with my usual regment with abv/ single run bho leftovers.

1. Take said material and put ot in a jar.
2. Add everclear or whatever the highest proof (%) drinkable alcohol u can aquire to the jar. Leave it for a couple days, maybe if the jar is really full of material u can pour off and save the (green liquor) and add fresh to it... Also using smaller quantities in many jars will work.. Anyway..
3. Pour jar(s) into french press material and all. Press plunger and squeeze off all the alcohol (sub this for any good filtering idea u got, but I love my french press... I got it for this now I make my coffee in it)

Sorry, little stoned

4. Evaporate off alcohol. Best way I find is to use a small dish and just keep adding little ammounts at a time. Just use a fan to evap... This is the tedious part
5. Collect all the hash. I then go edible cause this is basically undecarbed green dragon that u just cold evap and evap ALL of the alcohol instead of leaving a lil.
6. from this point I just use a modified badkittysmiles hash oil recipie... She starts with a dry hash or bubble hash I think, but this is just as good if not better IMO.
7. Melt hash oil and wilton chocolates together and vwala. Farscapers cross eyed delights lol. I use a smiley face candy mold to make em uniform, but I made it into a sheet for a gal with cancer so she could chomp down as much as she wanted after kemo

exit

Well you say you got a ton of it right? If it was me i would make dry ice hash for a rough concentrate with high yield to extract the majority of the goodness, then i would make oil with the dry ice hash. You will minimize the amount of plant material to extract (ie better oil) and use less solvent for easier purging. Good luck.

this sounds good, i like this plan - might be easier and cheaper than everclear for the amount of plant i have to work with. thanks everhyone!

exit,
Reactions: Puffers

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
like its been said before.. no matter how good you make it.. it can only be as good as the bud quality was... you can make a nice extract w/ it like puffers said.. and you could use kief in place of bubble hash if its easier.. kief + quick wash w/ a solvent works good too... you can make kief into pressed hash if you want... tincture.. good edibles... kief

Buildozer,
Reactions: smokum

exit

yea im not expecting anything great to come out of this quality-wise, nothing i'm gonna load in my persei that's for sure

but it'd be nice to cook with or something

exit,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
yea im not expecting anything great to come out of this quality-wise, nothing i'm gonna load in my persei that's for sure

like its been said before.. no matter how good you make it.. it can only be as good as the bud quality was... you can make a nice extract w/ it like puffers said.. and you could use kief in place of bubble hash if its easier.. kief + quick wash w/ a solvent works good too... you can make kief into pressed hash if you want... tincture.. good edibles... kief

Dry ice hash is kief. You use a bubble bag but it's like sifting a box with a coin for weight to push more through the screen, but the dry ice hastens the process and is easier to do large amounts at once. It's going to allow more plant matter through from aggressive agitation of hard dry ice, but the idea is to maximize your yield while minimizing plant material to run. If your starting product is a greenish kief there is little plant matter to pick up waxes and impurities, the rest is largely trichomes. I'll grant you that the oil is most likely going to be spicy from lack of the more aromatic plant material but when your blasting a tube of mostly trichomes I wouldn't expect a shitty end product. I expect it would work as well as any other concentrate in your Persei. Keep us posted.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Dry ice hash is kief. You use a bubble bag but it's like sifting a box with a weigh to push more through the screen, but the dry ice hastens the process and can large amputees at once. It's going to allow more plant matter through from aggressive agitation of hard dry ice, but the idea is to maximize your yield while minimizing plant material to run. If your starting product is a greenish kief there is little plant matter to pick up waxes and impurities, the rest is largely trichomes. I'll grant you that the oil is most likely going to be spicy from lack of the more aromatic plant material but when your blasting a tube of mostly trichomes I wouldn't expect a shitty end product. Keep us posted.
oh i'm sorry.. i misread dry ice hash as bubble hash for some reason:ko: ... my bad..

yeah,what puffers said^^^:D

Buildozer,

xclarryx

so you say in theory (if done right) I could get pretty high quality concentrates or extracts or whatever off some mid-quality?

xclarryx,
Reactions: Puffers

dannkk

so you say in theory (if done right) I could get pretty high quality concentrates or extracts or whatever off some mid-quality?

You can, just remember that the concentrate will never do something the flowers wouldn't have. Like, I have people show me some dirt that doesn't get them high and ask if they could make oil...no. If the flowers won't get you high, the oil won't either. If it's stuff that you need to smoke a bunch, but eventually you get really baked, then yea, you can make some decent oil out of it, but the yeild will be low. If it's that stuff that seems ok, but just never quite gets you high...the oil will do the same thing.

dannkk,
Top Bottom