Tolerance Breaks... are they beneficial for the everyday, but light users?

Chill Dude

I only vape in the evening and generally consume about .15g of high grade per day. Over the last year I've taken two 3 week breaks. The truth is, I found that my tolerance level stayed the same. In other words, after my breaks I still needed a .15g bowl to medicate me to the level I need. I think I'm done with T Breaks...IMO T Breaks are not effective for the everyday, but light user. My theory is at my level of consumption tolerance does not build much (or maybe not at all). Anybody want to chime in on this? For the purposes of this discussion let's define a light user as less than 2 grams per week.

Chill Dude,

MeatMeetWheat

I only vape in the evenings as well. Usually only 1 or 2 bowls, and I don't notice my tolerance increasing. I'm interested as to what other people have to say about their tolerance build up vaping once a day too.

Chill Dude

I only vape in the evenings as well. Usually only 1 or 2 bowls, and I don't notice my tolerance increasing. I'm interested as to what other people have to say about their tolerance build up vaping once a day too.

Yeah I agree. It's a known fact that tolerance develops fairly quickly with heavy medical/recreational users who typically medicate 3 to 8 times per day. However, it is less clear if any significant tolerance develops in light users. In my case, tolerance breaks simply don't work which leads me to believe that T breaks aren't useful for light users because tolerance does not increase significantly. Anybody want to chime in on this?

Chill Dude,
Reactions: axakal

Reveen

I'm one of the lucky ones with an eternally low tolerance. I've always been the guy that can take one rip and be 2x as high as everyone else. I'm totally guessing here, but I probably use .1 g every day or two in my vape, and that's plenty for me. I've never had to take a tolerance break yet . . . might at some point, but I've been a cannabis user for 15 years and it has always been the same.

That being said, I much prefer to stay around the "6" level of highness. Every once in a while I'll get really, really high, but not that often. I like the functional high. I also only vape once per day during the week, over a period of a few hours.

vapirtoo

I find that where I get medicated has more to do with what I can tolerate.
My summers are off, so I can really scoot my tolerance up by being zooted all day
every day .5 gram daily.
Often in my man cave, I can feel very unzooted, but if I go outside and talk to the
mailperson or someone; I realize that I'm high as all hell.
My tolerance stays the same and I'm not a fan of "t"-breaks. :bang:

Chill Dude

I find that where I get medicated has more to do with what I can tolerate.
My summers are off, so I can really scoot my tolerance up by being zooted all day
every day .5 gram daily.
My tolerance stays the same and I'm not a fan of "t"-breaks. :bang:

Vapirtoo, I'm not a fan of T breaks either, but I'd take a T break if it lowered my tolerance...but it doesn't. I guess I'm like you, with relatively low consumption I can keep my tolerance in check. Fuck T Breaks!!

Chill Dude,

LaoTzu74747

Probably .3 on average sometimes less and sometimes a little more. The equal to this in combusting would be close to a gram you know?

I used to load up my bubbler with .4 and smoke it all and get pretty high. Now i am putting in .1 in my vapes with the same effect(cleaner feeling too, my throat doesn't hurt).

Chill Dude

Probably .3 on average sometimes less and sometimes a little more. The equal to this in combusting would be close to a gram you know?

I used to load up my bubbler with .4 and smoke it all and get pretty high. Now i am putting in .1 in my vapes with the same effect(cleaner feeling too, my throat doesn't hurt).

Yeah, by switching to vaping you can lower your consumption and tolerance at the same time. That's cool!,

lwien

I only vape in the evenings as well, starting at around 9:00pm. Two hits is all I need before I hit the pillow for some z's so a gram lasts me over a month, but what I've found is that if I vape every single night, I slowly begin to build a tolerance so what works best for me is to never vape more than 2 nights in a row. For me, it's really obvious that when I take just one day off, my tolerance resets itself.

Last edited:

Chill Dude

I only vape in the evenings as well, starting at around 9:00pm. Tow hits is all I need before I hit the pillow for some z's so a gram lasts me over a month, but what I've found is that if I vape every single night, I slowly begin to build a tolerance so what works best for me is to never vape more than 2 nights in a row. For me, it's really obvious that when I take just one day off, my tolerance resets itself.

It's interesting how everyone's bio-chemistry is different. Unlike you, I can take a 3 week T-Break and experience no difference in tolerance. I guess I'm lucky in that I don't seem to build any tolerance with my level of useage. You're obviously much more inclined to build tolerance than me. I mean a gram a month is ridiculously low consumption, yet you're tolerance still creeps up. Interesting......

Chill Dude,

Chill Dude

I guess we are the light weights around here!

I'll wear that light weight badge proudly. It's cheaper that way!! Lol

I may be a light weight, but it seems IWIEN is the king of the light weights at a minuscule 1 gram per month.....

Chill Dude,
Reactions: axakal

lwien

One thing I should mention. When I had my PD, I vaped every single night with no increase in tolerance. Gram lasted over a month.

Got the LSV. Now, if I vape 2 to 3 nights in a row, my tolerance creeps up, so now, rather than vaping every night like I did with the PD, I only vape about 5 times a week but my overall consumption and tolerance has stayed the same. Just takes a bit more effort to keep it there.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Hey lwien, you gotta get a HI. trust me.

i vape everyday just enough that i only use 1,3g a month for the last three months. I overindulge on weekends only. :)

My tolerance is stable as well, don't know if it's because i only use it a little bit every night or because i don't do it all day long.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Only time i take a t-break is when I am out. I'm not a heavy user, but I haven't really noticed a increase in tolerance beyond when I first started smoking again a few years ago after a long break.

1-3 grams a month is miniscule tho @lwien and @vorrange I can see why you guy would not have a tolerance issue. I go thru about 1/4 oz a month and feel that is fairly lite.

deadheadbill,
Reactions: vapirtoo

lauz

Apprentice vaporist
I vape all day every day when I'm not at work and I will notice big time if I just abstain for a few hours. But the effects still don't last very long at all. I've never given tolerance breaks a chance because I just get bored. I guess I just need to give up wake and bake, which is the best time of the day! Get vaped and go for a walk nice and early, gives you a clear mind and an awesome start to your day.

lauz,
Reactions: vapirtoo
Top Bottom