Toasty Roasting Tubes

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
I have been making stainless steel, glass, silicone, and wood tubes for my herbal roasters for over 10 years now. My website is finally updated to show the majority of the ones I make, so it’s time to start a thread for them.
Toasty Roasting Tubes
I refer to them as “Roasting Tubes”, since drawing hot air through dried herbal material will roast it, which releases essential oil vapor to the air stream. Roasting tubes may be the most important part of the herbal roasting system, since it’s where the vapor is created. There are seemingly endless possibilities for tube materials and configurations.
I make roasting tubes primarily for the following air heater units:
Heat Island w/ 3/8” ss, 7/16” ss, 10mm glass, and 12mm glass heater covers.
Insta Heat aka iHeat w/ 19/22mm tapered connection.
Many of the roasting tubes I make also work with other manufacturers units. They include: 7th Floor, Arizer, Dynavap, Lamart, Mistvape, RBT, Stempod, Tinymight, Underdog, and Vapwood. Some of my roasting tubes are made specifically for MFLB and Morwood units. Arizer and Dynavap roasting tubes fit 7/16” ss heater cover HI’s. My website identifies the units for which each tube will work, including heater cover size.
Most of my roasting tubes use basket shaped screens in sizes 12mm, 10mm, 8mm, and 6mm. They are $0.50 apiece. I also make 10mm and 14mm flat screens. Some of my screens work in tubes from other manufacturers. The 8mm size works in Dynavap tips and are adjustable in position. The 10mm size works in some Underdog and Epicvape glass tubes. My website identifies the screen size for each roasting tube.

I also make a butane flame powered roasting tube called the “Toasty Tube”.
corktoastytube.jpeg

It is available in 14mm and 18mm sizes. The cork sleeve w/ straight glass tube is removable for reloading the GonG tube. The screen position is adjustable inside of the GonG tube. The distance from the heat source can also be adjusted by how far the GonG tube is inserted into the cork sleeve. The plain end glass tube inserts half way into the other end of the cork sleeve. There is a 3 inch long, 10mm or 12mm glass tube w/ 3 slits in the closed end, that is held into the center of the cork sleeve using a silicone sleeve. The plain end and GonG tubes are free to slide over the 10mm or 12mm glass tube held within the cork sleeve. The plain end of the 10mm or 12mm glass tube extends into the GonG tube when inserted into the cork sleeve, so the entire air path is glass.
It works best as a session style roaster. The 10mm or 12mm glass tubes need a preheat time of 5 seconds with a flame drawn down the plain end tube. It only takes 4 to 5 second flame draws after the pre-heat. The flame tip should never touch the end of the 10mm or 12mm glass tube to avoid melting it. Tiny circles will help to distribute the heat. I’m not normally a butane kind of guy, but this thing is quite amazing. It hits so fast and so hard. Incredible how much vapor you can inhale in 5 seconds. The 14mm GonG tube can be used on any 3/8” ss heater cover like the HI or UD. The 18mm GonG version holds a bit more material and has better air flow.

There is no waiting list for my roasting tubes. I just include orders with my next tube batch. Most of the glass tubes are always in stock. Will try to keep my website updated with roasting tubes, as I can’t seem to quit devising new ones. Will also announce new roasting tubes on this thread.

Happy Roasting

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
Still making more new roasting tube configurations. Here is my latest design that works w/ both male and female 19mm tapered heater covers and uses paper to line the wood. A male heater cover fits inside and it just fits into a female heater cover. The capacity is enormous and great air flow. The upper piece of wood has a 3/4" (19mm) hole with a ss washer at the bottom. The 19mm hole is lined w/ plain white printer paper that stops against the ss washer. The lower piece of wood has a 3/8" hole lined w/ plain white printer paper that stops against the ss washer. The lower 14mm WonG tubes connects to a 1/2" hole in the upper piece of wood. It uses a 19mm ss basket screen that can be placed anywhere in the 19mm paper roasting tube, so it will also work for injectors w/ full length tapers. The paper is unrolled / expanded into the wood until it fits tightly and the basket screen wedges it tighter into the wood to hold it. When the paper gets dirty, you toss it and make a new one. The ss washer comes out for cleaning. Can make a 14mm version too, just need to get the right size ss washers. Since the 14mm WonG part is detachable, it can be replaced with a 19mm WonG or a straight mouthpiece. Depending upon usage rate, the paper tube will last about a week before the oil soaks through to the outer layer. No more cleaning wood tubes. The ss washer seems to remove a bit of heat and catches debris / oil. The body can be made from any wood or cork. Since the design is modular, the woods can be mixed or matched. The tap flip stir method works well with the 19mm paper roasting tubes, since they are large in size.

19mmprt14mmwong.jpeg

19mmprt14mmwongmix.jpeg

19mmprt14mmwongmixtop.jpeg

Made a wooden tapered injector style roasting tube w/ 14mm WonG connection. It uses either a 19mm, 17mm, or 16mm flat screen in the taper depending upon the depth you want the screen. It wedges into the taper and won't easily flip. The screen has open air flow all the way to the perimeter, so the screen stays clean longer. It could have a paper liner tube in the WonG part to make cleaning a little easier. This one is made from a single piece of wood, but can also be modular in design. I can also make a 14mm female tapered injector style roasting bowl that uses a 1/2” flat screen wedged in the bottom of the taper.

19mmfemaletaper14mmwong.jpeg

I have been cutting the ends off from 19/22mm glass tapers to make GTR heater covers, so they are 19/13mm. They also make great roasting tubes for the 18mm female GTR using a 16mm domed screen at the bottom of the taper. The hot air that would have gone to heating the end part of the glass taper can now be used for roasting. The bowl size is larger w/ plenty of room for stirring. Depending upon the thickness of glass used, the hole in the end can also be used as a roasting tube for the 14mm male GTR or any other 14mm male end device. Have also been cutting the 19mm male ends off glass adapters to make WPA roasting tubes. They will work in the iHeat as well as any other 19mm female connection device. Especially those that require a 19/19mm roasting tube.

1913mmtecolor450.jpeg

Roasting tubes require some sort of screen to hold the material. The screens are needed in different shapes and sizes. Here is an updated list of the roasting tube screens I offer. Should have a screen for almost any tube/wand/stem made.

screenoptions.jpeg

I also make a 14/20mm tapered wooden mouthpiece tube with a 3/8” ss liner tube. It fits into a 16mm plain end glass to make it into a water pipe adapter.

1420woodmouthpiece.jpeg

Alan

Master JedHI
Manufacturer
After making some 18mm male stainless steel GTR heater covers, it became apparent that they would also make great 18mm roasting tubes. The easiest to make is a straight length of 3/4” ss tubing with a 19/7mm taper cut on one end, using a 17mm adjustable position basket screen. The air flow is the most open of any roasting tube I make. Here is how a 4.5” long tube looks.

ss17m4501910m750.jpeg

I still have a batch of original HI cores that use a short length of 3/4” ss tubing connected to a short length of 3/8” ss tubing using a ss washer. The 19/7mm taper is cut onto one end and the short length of 3/8” ss tubing replaced by a longer length of 3/8” ss tubing to make a direct draw 18mm ss roasting tube. Here is how it looks.

ss17m1001910m750400375.jpeg

The short length of 3/8” ss tubing on the original HI cores can be reused and attached to make a shorter version of the 18mm to 3/8” ss tube. A 14mm or 18mm WonG tube can be attached to the 3/8” ss tube for use as a WPA. A wooden disk was added for holding the tube, so you don’t burn your fingers on the hot 18mm ss roasting tube. Here is how they look. Glad my old HI cores won’t go to waste.

ss17m1001910m7501420mwong.jpeg

Not only does an 18mm female heater cover fit over the 18mm ss roasting tube for roasting wand style, but it also accepts an 18mm male heater cover inside for roasting injector style. It may be possible to make a 14mm ss version too.

Here is a recent 19mm paper and briar burl wood roasting tube w/ 14mm WonG. Still working on some more roasting tube configurations for the briar burl wood.

1914prtbriarburl.jpeg

Here is a new 14/13mm glass roasting tube that uses a 1/2" flat screen at the widest part of the taper.

1413mmte450.jpeg

Top Bottom