Ice?

Dry BoNg?

~ Pro / Cons ~

~ Facts / Opinions ~

Throw your :2c: in...

spyder,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I'm a fence sitter coz I do both water bong and dry whip ... but it is mainly whip for me. My water set up is a little getto and a bit of a hassle to use so its easier just to 'whip it' for me! I did an ice bong one and that was pretty good. Really did cool it down but making ice cubes is again a hassle I can't be fucked with when the whip taste so bloody good.

vaporcloud,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
WATERRRRR !!! I just totaly desagree with people who tell that water filter thc ....just make the test and vap with the same water for a long time ....I make the test with mine during a week and my water was still clear like pure water ...so IMO a lil amount of ice cold water + crushed ice or ice cube are king !!!! clear buzz no choke purest taste !!!I'm sure that I'm not the only with this opinion here ;)

vapor + water + ice =:ko:

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
That some vapor condenses in water is a fact. It condenses on every surface it contacts, to some degree. Why should water be exempt? But such a small amount is lost that's it's not noticed. My SSV, with glass and tubing, gets much more condensation than my PD, with its 3" tube and no glass. But in actual use the Surfer, with its much bigger bowl and tubing packs such a big punch.... if you take a bucketful of snow out of an avalanche, does it matter? :lol:

My vape use with water was not satisfactory. The airway was too large for me. Even after going through water the hits were too drying on my throat. I want to try one of the SSV water filters since it wouldn't change the diameter of the vapor path very much. I do like the idea of using water to filter fine particles. Adding it to my 'easy chair surfer setup' makes it tougher. Even if I like the surfer WF I'll probably be on the fence with vapor_cloud. :uhoh:

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Good question... It's been discussed many times in some shape or form around here.

My :2c: vvvvvvvv

A little water is fantastic for filtering out any fine particulate matter that makes it through the screen. It cools the vapor and also adds some moisture. The end result is a smoother vapor which usually leads to some monster clouds. ;)

Ice is nice in the water or especially in an ice catch- even more cooling! Fresh, frosty vapor is a good thing.

The "downside"

- Can be a hassle dealing with all the glass/getting water/ice compared to just hitting a dry whip. --Not everyone is gonna bring it camping.
- Condensation as max said above. Though the huge clouds mentioned above seem to more than make up for any THC loss. The water stays clear, but it does retain a smell which becomes noticeable after long periods of heavy usage, though not nearly as strong as bong water. Same goes for the glass. Gotta keep it all clean.
- IMO, the vapor flavor is not quite as pronounced as a dry whip. Also you can't control the draw speed with as much accuracy.

Personally I mostly vape wet at home and dry on the road. They are nice contrasts.

So... Give it a try and decide for yourself! It's worth checking out, I know marcuss has become a water fan with his Herborizer and C_D with Gear + Extreme.

Hey, marcoman vvvvvv
marcuss said:
I don't like water pipe but i'm sure you can connect the whip mouthpiece to one if you prefer this method. #
:brow: :D

See also: Vapor Bongs, Attachments and Connectors

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
your right vtac ! the big + are it add humidity to the dry air/vap and make it colder ....but I'll be honest I'm sure if you use an inline percolator it will probably affect the thc% in the vap ...to much water filtration ....

inline perc :

the perc is the horizontal tube (the pics is not the clearest) but this is a tube with a tones of lil hole inside an other tube ....so it make a MEGA filtration

Clear_Dome,

marcuss

above the clouds
;)I became a WF entusiast after yours and C_D posts!
I thank you everytime!:D

marcuss,

ozwiz

owner Vaporiser World NOW live Australia
Crushed ice & water in the herbo that has been left in the fridge to cool .:cool: is no doubt the way to go . The hits are so smoooooth :p & yet thick & tasty definitely get me more toasted with the water . Probably because I can take so much more in .:rolleyes:

Also I find that I get a dry throat without the water . I do get slight asthma so the doc reckons that my throat area is more sensitive than most so that's probably why I feel the water makes such a difference . Showed my doc the herbo & other vaporizers on the web he thinks they are a great innovation he'd never heard of them before . Most people down here are so naive about vaping in general. :)

ozwiz,

marcuss

above the clouds
vapor+water filter=the healtiest way to fuck the combustion!

this is my :2c:

marcuss,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I introduced a mate who also owns a vap to my water filter last night and he thought it was great. But in the end we just hit the dry whip. And he rckons my vapor daddy works better thn his newer higher spec digital box vap. He can't get away from burning the product and that never a problem with the VD. I can have it cranked up on high for hours with product sitting in the whip and as long as I dont draw to slowely the hits are incredible. I think whip design plays a big part in getting good clean hts.

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
ozwiz said:
Also I find that I get a dry throat without the water . I do get slight asthma so the doc reckons that my throat area is more sensitive than most so that's probably why I feel the water makes such a difference . Showed my doc the herbo & other vaporizers on the web he thinks they are a great innovation he'd never heard of them before . Most people down here are so naive about vaping in general. :)
Yes, for people/patients with sensitive airways, ice water is definitely the way to go!

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
vapor_cloud said:
I introduced a mate who also owns a vap to my water filter last night and he thought it was great. But in the end we just hit the dry whip. And he rckons my vapor daddy works better thn his newer higher spec digital box vap. He can't get away from burning the product and that never a problem with the VD. I can have it cranked up on high for hours with product sitting in the whip and as long as I dont draw to slowely the hits are incredible. I think whip design plays a big part in getting good clean hts.
My vapor daddy died on Sunday :( Would have loved a DB or PD but cant risk the overseas transaction / customs issue plus delay in shipping. Orders a new box vap which has arrived today. Same one I got my mate in the above quote. Going to use the VD wand which should make this a good unit. Its called a vaporite.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
not Aussie ... I'm in New Zealand. I'm not saying that NZ customs don't let vaps in ... after all my vapor genie got thru. But they do not let you import bongs or smoking devices so if they pecieve that you will use it for MJ delivery they could seize it. I know of this happening to a person importing a volcano. Pretty fucked really when the headshops seem to have no problem bringing them in. The disadvantages of living at the bottom of the world I guess. I wish the headhops would bring in the DB. I'd pay 300 kiwi for one of those fuckers if i didn't have to import it myself!!! I would imagine the PD would be OK as its marketed as an aroma deffuser and just doesn't look like a smoking device.

The vaporite works well. Have it set around 255F and it delivers thick creamy vapor. But it does have a 'new' smell once it gets up to temp ... and if this smell doesn't go away after 3 or 4 uses I will be sending it back for a replacement. The second use it have decreased quite a bit so should be sweet. Not the sort of thing you want a vap emitting tho :disgust:

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hmmm... so it's at the customs officer's discretion to decide it's a MJ pipe and not a tobacco pipe?

7th floor has always been really discrete for me, no indication of 'paraphernalia' on the customs label. The SSV and DB have the aroma top oil diffuser attachment--- pretty stealth. You'd probably be fine, but yeah, would suck to have to deal with an issue. I'd sure as hell fight if they confiscated my aromatherapy oil device though. :)

Maybe ask your headshop to get some 7th floor stuff... unless they're scared it'll hurt sales for the box vapes. :ninja:

not Aussie ... I'm in New Zealand.
Forgive me, I'm an ignorant Canuck. :D
But you're still referred to as down under, right? NZ looks like an incredible place, will visit some day!

The vaporite works well. Have it set around 255F and it delivers thick creamy vapor. But it does have a 'new' smell once it gets up to temp ... and if this smell doesn't go away after 3 or 4 uses I will be sending it back for a replacement. The second use it have decreased quite a bit so should be sweet. Not the sort of thing you want a vap emitting tho
That sucks. :\ Maybe leave it on high for 30 min or so to 'burn' off any manufacturing residues.

I'd call them out if it doesn't go away. They do say it's the cleanest on the market.

The Vaporite Vaporizer is the most advanced essential oil and herbal extract vaporizer ever conceived. Precision engineered by Hongkong based design house, the Vaporite Vaporizer represents the pinnacle of performance, safety, and simplicity - a functional work of art.

The Vaporite Vaporizer System is the healthiest, cleanest system available.

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
It has been left on for more than a couple of hours and the smell has decreased but its def still there. Boxed her up last night and sending her back today. The store hasn't replied to my emails yet but the unit is unusable. I felt a little sick after a session on it last night and that was it. I'll be hitting the VG chugging down anzac cookies unitl I get my replacement.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
vtac said:
not Aussie ... I'm in New Zealand.
Forgive me, I'm an ignorant Canuck. :D
But you're still referred to as down under, right? NZ looks like an incredible place, will visit some day!
I did indeed ... and we are downunder ... even more so than Australia ;) But the confusion is partly my fault because I'm a bit cagy when first posting on forums of this nature. I feel like this community is pretty cool though and I'm happy to shed my cloaked Aussie vail and come out as the Kiwi I really am :lol: One thing Kiwis and aussies have in common is a love for smoking da 'erb.

vtac said:
7th floor has always been really discrete for me, no indication of 'paraphernalia' on the customs label. The SSV and DB have the aroma top oil diffuser attachment--- pretty stealth.
Thats good to hear vtac. I will get one one day ... my experience with the vaporite makes me think I should have held out for a DB but too late for that now.

vtac said:
Maybe ask your headshop to get some 7th floor stuff... unless they're scared it'll hurt sales for the box vapes.
They sell 'canos so I doubt they are too concerned about box vap sales. Just seems most shops are ignorant to the decent vapes coming out of the states and canada.

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
vapor_cloud said:
They sell 'canos so I doubt they are too concerned about box vap sales. Just seems most shops are ignorant to the decent vapes coming out of the states and canada.
Educate those fools! :D

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
vapor_cloud said:
It has been left on for more than a couple of hours and the smell has decreased but its def still there. Boxed her up last night and sending her back today. The store hasn't replied to my emails yet but the unit is unusable. I felt a little sick after a session on it last night and that was it. I'll be hitting the VG chugging down anzac cookies unitl I get my replacement.
Fuck that's terrible. What type of a smell was it emitting?

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Was a petrochemical smell kind of like burnt rubber. No smell at all when cold but once up to vapping temp it would slowly fill the room with this foul smell. Its really pissed me off because I have bought 2 of these units for friends and they have been primo ... and I get the fucken dud :disgust: I love New Zealand but sometimes been stuck at the botom fo the world is a curse :mad:

vaporcloud,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom