To combust or not to combust?

runner

Basshead
I am unable to purchase a vaporizer at this time, do you think that I should go ahead and combust, or hold out until I am able to raise enough money?

I have never vaped or smoked before, and have tried edibles once. Most of my friends smoke and I would like to be the one to show them that vaporizing is better. Many of them think that I should just smoke and not worry about the health effects.

Chubba said:
You're making a big deal out of nothing, you're a non-user, isn't anything wrong with a bit of combustion.
Most of the blokes here are long term/heavy users.
I wouldn't recommend vaporizing to a first time user... just smoke it up.
I find it hard to believe that I should combust worry free when almost every "long-term user" on FC regrets not having vaporized in the first place. Would vapor not also be more beginner friendly since hits are easier, and cooler?

Some quotes that I think argue in the case of waiting:
Consider yourself lucky that you're moving to vapor before your lungs make up your mind for you.
I actually consider myself to be pretty stupid for smoking for all the years I have rather than using a vaporizer.
I'd like experienced smoker/vaporists' opinions only.

runner,

graywulf

If you're new to the drug I think you have to try both. Smoking usually just comes first. Lung tissue at a young age is highly regenerative. Smoking once isn't going to ruin your body.

graywulf,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Humans have smoked cannabis for thousands of years. It's one of the safest substances to smoke, afaik the worst side effects are bronchitis type symptoms and only in some extremely chronic users.

If it's your first time you'll probably cough your ass off, but smoking a joint isn't going to kill you. Don't take our domain name too seriously. :lol:

If $50 for a VG is too much, personally I'd recommend getting a job. ;)

every "long-term user" regrets not having vaporized in the first place.
Far from the truth. Check out some other forums.

vtac,

runner

Basshead
vtac said:
If $50 for a VG is too much, personally I'd recommend getting a job. ;)

every "long-term user" regrets not having vaporized in the first place.
Far from the truth. Check out some other forums.
Sorry, I meant almost every, and I was referring to those users on this forum. Also, I applied for a job, but they're not hiring til July or August :(

Alright so I guess I might as well smoke if I plan to vape.

runner,

max

Out to lunch
Go ahead and smoke. It'll give you a much better appreciation for vapor. Most of us who have moaned and groaned about all the smoke we've ingested are old enough to be your father or grandpa. ;)

max,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Smoke a bowl. Get acquainted with the herb & it's high, see if you even like it's effects before shelling out the dough on a serious vape.

You are right, vaporizing is better, but as others have pointed out, smoking (combusting) won't kill you. I own 6 vaporizers and still combust time to time, I won't deny my roots, and the highs produced are so very different, I like the change-up.

Let us know what you decide... good luck.

SpiralArchitect,

runner

Basshead
NoSmoke said:
Smoke man! Smoke! thats all I got... :D
I love the irony.

I haven't decided yet, but here's a question that may sound dumb. I know that cigarette smoker's lungs get black from the tars and all that, so I was wondering if my lungs had some minor damage from smoking herb, would vaporizing help clear it off at all? I know that THC causes you to cough up some of the tars and other gunk, and since you're not adding more tar it'd make sense if it could clear off some.

runner,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Vaporizing won't clear it off, time will. Our bodies, especially young ones, as others have pointed out, have amazing regenerative properties. Humans have been smoking the reefer before recorded history probably. I think you'll be ok. Just relax. If you are really concerned about your health smoking, use a [edit: clean] bong, and take it easy at first. Good luck.

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
If you're this concerned you should consult a medical professional. How old are you?

vtac,

Beezleb

runner said:
NoSmoke said:
Smoke man! Smoke! thats all I got... :D
I love the irony.

I haven't decided yet, but here's a question that may sound dumb. I know that cigarette smoker's lungs get black from the tars and all that, so I was wondering if my lungs had some minor damage from smoking herb, would vaporizing help clear it off at all? I know that THC causes you to cough up some of the tars and other gunk, and since you're not adding more tar it'd make sense if it could clear off some.
I can say my lungs have improved since I started vaping, giving credit to the body's healing ability with time.

I have a form of ALS and every time I see the doc, monthly, I have to take a breathing test and I have improved alot. I really do not know the exact amount or whatnot but I know its a noticeable difference. I cant say its due to any one thing but certainly not combusting 3 to 10 times a day is a blessing to my lungs.

Beezleb,

graywulf

When I stopped smoking I could tell my lungs cleared out after about two weeks, but I am very active. Judging by your name I guess you're concerned about fitness? If you're worried just give it a shot, see how it effects your goals.

graywulf,

runner

Basshead
Yeah, I'm definitely concerned about fitness, and my health. I eat healthy, exercise regularly all that. I just don't want to damage my body, when I could use the healthier alternative (vaporizing). Btw I don't plan on purchasing an expensive vape, just a VG. I just don't have the money for it right now and most likely won't have job til July or August (end of summer, thus the reason for my other now-closed thread). Btw I'm 18, just graduated a week ago. I ran cross country, and track and wrestled.

runner,

graywulf

I cycle, Runner, and fitness is a top priority for me as well. I primarily vape now after 3 years of mostly smoking. It's easy to get back into shape if you've got some sort of base. I frequently train VO2 max and lactate threshold and do not feel impaired at all.

If you're interested enough in the drug, you'll try it one way or the other.

graywulf,

Choism

Light a fat spliff already, relax. Get genie when you get your first paycheck.

Choism,

runner

Basshead
I'm going to wait til I buy the Genie. I'll keep busy running, longboarding, skimboarding, and possibly the occasional brownie lol. Thanks everyone for your opinions. I think I'll be happier in the end if I wait.
:peace:

mod note: no buying/selling/trading in the threads.
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=453

Sorry I never received an explanation why the other thread was closed and have read over the rules multiple times.

runner,

runner

Basshead
So glad I waited. I found out a mutual friend has a VB. Gonna vape a bit this summer. This mutual friend saves his ABV for cooking too. Sick. Happy vaping.

I'm gonna stay vapor pure! :cool:

runner,

minuteman420

You made this thread looking for suggestions. Almost everyone said that you should give smoking a try and its not that bad for you, yet you chose the other option, what was the point to this thread then in the first place :rolleyes:

I think you should definitely try smoking. I think its a pretty different high, its more of a body stone, something thats really relaxing. Vaporizers give more of a heady stone. Atleast thats what i think.

Note: I know strain makes a difference, but with the same bud smoked vs vaped, i felt pretty different effects

minuteman420,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Smoking once isn't going to do anything to your lungs.

Hell, I smoked everyday for 10 years and I still compete in A grade criterium today.

It's not good for you, but you have to inhale a decent amount of herbage to do noticeable damage.

In my mind (correct me if I'm wrong), you have already made the decision to vaporize. You're not going to try smoking and then hit bongs for the next couple of years, have a few sessions. Then when you get a job do what everyone does... buy a few thousand dollars worth of vapes.

Vaporizing is better IMO, but seriously in the scheme of things... it won't matter in the slightest if you roll one up.

Chubba,
Top Bottom