TM2/AVLP or Log Vape?

Finessseee

Hey y’all

I recently got rid of my Arizer Air Max. I usually sell my vapes whenever I take a THC hiatus (took a couple months off).. I’ve been smoking out of a bowl pipe for a week since starting back up and am starting to feel the effects when doing cardio. I’d much rather get back to vaping flower, but always struggle with analysis paralysis and can never make a decision. I definitely want something that has the ability to be on demand and get me blasted almost instantly.. seems like the TM2 / AVLP or a log vape should be perfect for me. I’m not too interested in Dynavaps, coil driven desktops or butane based heaters.

- TM2 isn’t going to break the bank, but it still is a sizable investment for a portable.

- Legacy Pro is cheaper overall, but at the cost of less clean air path (silicone) and more difficult to clean.

- Log Vape seems like the best of both worlds, but I’m glued to a wall and can’t use it while walking or sitting on the balcony.

My girlfriend and I usually smoke a bowl pipe (roughly split 3-4 packs per night). Looking for a similar approach with one of these vapes. I’ve had an E-Nano in the past and it was solid overall. Sold it when I relocated to another state. I’ve never tried a TM or AVLP though.

Any suggestions?

Finessseee,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'd recommend going with the TM, best vapor quality and versatility with full tempering dial and glass stem chamber / pathway ... Simple on demand pure convection!

It is more useful than a log in many ways I think, I certainly prefer it to e nano but if you want to get a low budget log heat Island from toasty top has a lot of options at a wide array of prices of what's in stock, some are really heavy hitters and you can use extension cord etc but something more custom could be a bit of a wait, and yeah for two people with battery power it could be preferable as long as you have spares ready to go externally charged

Finessseee

I'd recommend going with the TM, best vapor quality and versatility with full tempering dial and glass stem chamber / pathway ... Simple on demand pure convection!

It is more useful than a log in many ways I think, I certainly prefer it to e nano but if you want to get a low budget log heat Island from toasty top has a lot of options at a wide array of prices of what's in stock, some are really heavy hitters and you can use extension cord etc but something more custom could be a bit of a wait, and yeah for two people with battery power it could be preferable as long as you have spares ready to go externally charged
Yessir. I feel like every year goes by I waste more time, energy and money trying to find that perfect vape and here you are again suggesting the TM through and through. It seems like a no brainer.. but I would have to buy a battery charger, extra battery, stems and stuff which will increase the overall cost. I guess that’s why they say “buy once, cry once” lol.. I did hit up Alan so we’ll see if he gets back to me, either way, TM2 seems to be the answer. Should I order it from vgoodiez / POTV or directly from their website?

Last edited:

Finessseee

If you’re in a hurry Vgoodiez did great by me. I ordered a TM2 last Friday and it showed up Monday. You’ll need to get extra batteries elsewhere though
Good to know. Any other accessories worth snagging?

Finessseee,

Bababouy

With only a couple days on the unit I’m not super well versed with it yet but I picked up a pack of both the rimmed and non-rimmed screens, the rocket XL stem and a WPA. No regrets on any of those thus far.

Shit Snacks and others can advise with much more experience on the device

Shit Snacks

I would have to buy a battery charger, extra battery, stems and stuff which will increase the overall cost. I guess that’s why they say “buy once, cry once” lol.. I did hit up Alan so we’ll see if he gets back to me, either way, TM2 seems to be the answer. Should I order it from vgoodiez / POTV or directly from their website?

Oh yeah it's you! Didn't even notice haha Yeah you might as well buy the TM2 finally my dude!!

Definitely grab some spare molicel, It's cheap to get a bunch, not too expensive for a dual external charger either (18650batterystore and the other reliable spots)

I think it's always fine to order direct, but VGZ is great and so is POTV typically, I got mine from different European reseller where the exchange rate was in my favor so I saved some money that way back when it launched...

It will be good to hear from Alan, at least get on the list, even if you don't buy something that he has in stock right now, he can do stuff for the TM as well!

Good to know. Any other accessories worth snagging?

Yeah so I love the aftermarket stems, specifically from Good Vibes and Pyro Tech and Rogue Wax Works, there are a lot of options but I find right angle bends do a lot of cooling so Oregon glass blower has really nice high quality option for a hook, good vibes can make something similar that is direct stem, but there is also a Chinese hook like these now too... The quality ranges of course, I like plain WPA with my TM (no glass honeycomb screen) with rimless basket screens, the stock setup is effective too though!

Finessseee

Oh yeah it's you! Didn't even notice haha Yeah you might as well buy the TM2 finally my dude!!

Definitely grab some spare molicel, It's cheap to get a bunch, not too expensive for a dual external charger either (18650batterystore and the other reliable spots)

I think it's always fine to order direct, but VGZ is great and so is POTV typically, I got mine from different European reseller where the exchange rate was in my favor so I saved some money that way back when it launched...

It will be good to hear from Alan, at least get on the list, even if you don't buy something that he has in stock right now, he can do stuff for the TM as well!

Yeah so I love the aftermarket stems, specifically from Good Vibes and Pyro Tech and Rogue Wax Works, there are a lot of options but I find right angle bends do a lot of cooling so Oregon glass blower has really nice high quality option for a hook, good vibes can make something similar that is direct stem, but there is also a Chinese hook like these now too... The quality ranges of course, I like plain WPA with my TM (no glass honeycomb screen) with rimless basket screens, the stock setup is effective too though!
Good to know.. always appreciate your insight SS! I think I’m gonna give it a few days to see if Alan has any bamboo HI’s in stock. Awaiting email response. I’m prepping my TM order in the meantime though! Thank you sir!

nicknobody

I vote tm2 without owning one myself. It’s on my short list of I need that. When I sell a couple devices I don’t use much, I won’t hesitate.

With that being said I’m in love with logs. I can do without all the devices I’ve tried if I can just have a log. My setup makes them portable too. Not pocket friendly but battery powered portable for camping and such.

Tm2 or a log? You can’t loose.

Finessseee

I vote tm2 without owning one myself. It’s on my short list of I need that. When I sell a couple devices I don’t use much, I won’t hesitate.

With that being said I’m in love with logs. I can do without all the devices I’ve tried if I can just have a log. My setup makes them portable too. Not pocket friendly but battery powered portable for camping and such.

Tm2 or a log? You can’t loose.
Thanks for the feedback! Which is your go to log?

Finessseee,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Welcome back, @Finessseee ! I also got for the TM2 for you just like I did before your break lol. Although I love my logs, the TM can do some things that a log can't. A classic logs is a bit easier to sip, but with temp stepping you can make a TM session a bit longer.

Have fun!

fangorn

girlfriend and I usually smoke a bowl pipe

hey!

I don't know exactly what a bowle pipe is (I'm french/francophone) but maybe you should look for a lotus!!

It's on demand and the ritual should be the same... except it's vaping, not burning.

I think there is an order slot right now!

Good thinking to you!

Finessseee

Welcome back, @Finessseee ! I also got for the TM2 for you just like I did before your break lol. Although I love my logs, the TM can do some things that a log can't. A classic logs is a bit easier to sip, but with temp stepping you can make a TM session a bit longer.

Have fun!
Glad you’re enjoying it! Thanks for the feedback!

Finessseee,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Finessseee

hey!

I don't know exactly what a bowle pipe is (I'm french/francophone) but maybe you should look for a lotus!!

It's on demand and the ritual should be the same... except it's vaping, not burning.

I think there is an order slot right now!

Good thinking to you!
I’ll check it out! Thanks for the info!

Finessseee,
Reactions: fangorn

Oil420FL

Good to know.. always appreciate your insight SS! I think I’m gonna give it a few days to see if Alan has any bamboo HI’s in stock. Awaiting email response. I’m prepping my TM order in the meantime though! Thank you sir!
Like most artisans, Alan seems to be most excited about building newer models like the GTR, but his iHeat 510 cartridge for $100 uses a 510 box mod for a portable log-like vape. And now that session mode is available on DNA box mods you can get very accurate temp control. I'm waiting on my name to come up in the wait list. BTW the TM2 wasn't a good fit for my style of vaping, but each to his/her own.

Shit Snacks

but his iHeat 510 cartridge for $100 uses a 510 box mod for a portable log-like vape. And now that session mode is available on DNA box mods you can get very accurate temp control

I'm not sure what session, cruise autofire, has to do at all with accurate temp control... Just means you don't have to hold the button down during your hit, which is quite nice! However if you didn't get on well with the TM, you might not like this either depending why of course, but the larger issue is there is a very limited supply of the 510 decks so I'm not even sure how many iHeat he is capable of making these days... Hope you get to try!

Shit Snacks,

GoldenBud

I stopped using THC 5.5 months ago and will never vaporize every day again, THC is an addictive substance, if I were you, I'd get some log so I won't have on-demand vapes that can lead me use every day..... I'd connect the Log vape every few days.... I will never let THC control my Dopamine system again.... when you have a log, if you connect it, you still can regret it and store it again.... it's good imho....

I think using THC every 4-5 days is fine, low amounts, and CBD didn't do anything for me.. so..

nicknobody

I stopped using THC 5.5 months ago and will never vaporize every day again, THC is an addictive substance, if I were you, I'd get some log so I won't have on-demand vapes that can lead me use every day..... I'd connect the Log vape every few days.... I will never let THC control my Dopamine system again.... when you have a log, if you connect it, you still can regret it and store it again.... it's good imho....

I think using THC every 4-5 days is fine, low amounts, and CBD didn't do anything for me.. so..
This resonates with me. I feel like my vape game is going backwards. I always wanted the heaviest effects and the fastest slap I could get before but now I’m leaning towards a less is more attitude and feel like I’m not missing out on anything? I’m going from baller to logger and I’m not looking back. The log ritual and effects are more then I can ask for. Using less is a healthier choice for my body and wallet as well.

Deff not the right way for everyone but it’s been a game changer for me

Finessseee

I feel you mate! Every time I take a break I think to myself damn I’m way more productive and less foggy when sober lol. I am leaning towards a log actually! I’m trying to do weekends only. Splitting an 8th between me and my gf over that timeframe.

Finessseee,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

This resonates with me. I feel like my vape game is going backwards. I always wanted the heaviest effects and the fastest slap I could get before but now I’m leaning towards a less is more attitude and feel like I’m not missing out on anything? I’m going from baller to logger and I’m not looking back. The log ritual and effects are more then I can ask for. Using less is a healthier choice for my body and wallet as well.
THC controls the Dopamine system of your brain if you vape every day, and if you stop, you will have (probably) side effects for like 6-24 (~24 is rare) months after you stopped... it's a hell of a material imho, it's better doing it not everyday...I am still having Post Acute Withdrawls Symptoms but very mildly, almost all gone, 171 days after my last hit... 99% of the PAWS are gone, micro-headaches from time to time...
I feel you mate! Every time I take a break I think to myself damn I’m way more productive and less foggy when sober lol. I am leaning towards a log actually! I’m trying to do weekends only. Splitting an 8th between me and my gf over that timeframe.
if your weekend, for example, starts in Fri evening and ends in Sun evening, I wouldn't vape every day of the weekend in a row... like Fri evening, Sun evening.. low amounts... don't get addicted

stinkytofus

How often you vape now

stinkytofus,
Top Bottom