Titanium Vortex vs Vaponic

Dutch-Mic

I'm a big Vapcap fan, especially the 2020M with the airports wide open is a very pleasant experience.

For quite a while the Vortex is tickling my VAS, because it should give cooler and smoother vapor than the regular Dynavap line-up. But I was also wondering if it is worth the investment, because the 30/40 euros Vaponic offers also very smooth and cool vapor. Is there anyone that could compare the two and share their thoughts?

Many thanks in advance!

Dutch-Mic,
Reactions: chaos191

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm a big Vapcap fan, especially the 2020M with the airports wide open is a very pleasant experience.

For quite a while the Vortex is tickling my VAS, because it should give cooler and smoother vapor than the regular Dynavap line-up. But I was also wondering if it is worth the investment, because the 30/40 euros Vaponic offers also very smooth and cool vapor. Is there anyone that could compare the two and share their thoughts?

Many thanks in advance!
I don't rate the Vortex higher than the Omni or Omni XL. It's a bit different but not superior the way Troy made it sound back when it first dropped and he was heaping praise on it. It also gets hot after repeated hits on my FD induction heater where the Omni bodies cool about as fast as the cooling click.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I don't rate the Vortex higher than the Omni or Omni XL. It's a bit different but not superior the way Troy made it sound back when it first dropped and he was heaping praise on it. It also gets hot after repeated hits on my FD induction heater where the Omni bodies cool about as fast as the cooling click.

Interesting, I was wondering why I see them for sale so often on the EntExchange, I almost bought a used simrell setup for my friend but I kind of figured if the cooling was that much better people would really struggle to part with it.

MikeRotchHertz

I owned the vortex, and I would describe it as a fluffier vapor. You have to try it to know what I mean. I also think it is way overpriced and let mine go a year ago.

It's awesome, but not quite necessary if you already have standard dyna. If thats your daily driver I say go for it, but if not, you'll get similar cooling from a bb9 stem if using it at home.

Dutch-Mic

owned the vortex, and I would describe it as a fluffier vapor. You have to try it to know what I mean.

Haha I was trying to imagine what 'fluffier vapor' means. My only connotation with the word fluffy is a soft teddy bear, that doesn't help to picture what the vapor would be like haha.

But does it mean that the vapor is lighter on the throat?

Dutch-Mic,
Reactions: Greenteam

Jozin88

My friend's Omni made me decide I was going to get a Dynavap. I went with the Vortex (Standard XL size, not the Short one)+ Ti Tip + Cap and will soon get an induction heater. I definitely went overboard but from the comments here, I'm thinking I REALLY overdid it now.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
The Vortex is a luxury item, it's fun to have but not necessary at all. I like it a lot, it does change the vapor a bit, fluffier is a good way to describe it, it's less dense when you inhale and you can feel a little bit of the air being mixed around by the vortex if that make sense. Now we have so many different option with the stems that I don't think that change in vapor is worth the price. I love the way it feels in my hand and the look of it but again it's expensive. If you really want one and you can afford it go for it. In my case I still plan on getting a wood Vortex, with the amount of work that goes into these I'm willing to pay that price. In the end what works for you won't work for the others. I'm really happy with mine but don't think you are missing out if you can't get one, it's different just like a spike stem is different than a bead stem.

MikeRotchHertz

Yes, much lighter on a throat than an M. Somewhere between Teddy bear and blow dried poodle. Never had an omni to compare.

I suspect the intercooler has a lot to do with the different feeling airier vapor. It doesn't necessarily improve taste, just feel, ya know?

MikeRotchHertz,
  • Haha
Reactions: Greenteam

The Chemist

Yes, much lighter on a throat than an M. Somewhere between Teddy bear and blow dried poodle. Never had an omni to compare.

I suspect the intercooler has a lot to do with the different feeling airier vapor. It doesn't necessarily improve taste, just feel, ya know?
How many poodles have you vaped before to make that comparison? 🤔

Last edited:

Dutch-Mic

And I thought that vaping coffee beans was already an acquired taste...

Thanks for the laugh!

So if I try to summarize the comments on the Vortex: it's a luxury product that provides vapor that is a bit more fluffy (teddy/poodle), airy and lighter on the throat than the Dynavap.

I found an old comparison between the OG Vapcap (glass one) and the Vaponic:

Vaping in the goldilocks zone with the Vaponic is, in my opinion, almost a blissful experience. The taste is simply amazing! The vapor is very cool and doesn't irritate my throat. The airflow is very good; no milkshake experience. The Vaponic is very good for 'lung pulling'.
The vapor quality of the VC is also very good. It's a bit difficult to express this in English for me (language barriere hooray!), but if you heat the lower part of the cap, you'll get a very nice tasting hit. With the second and third heat cycle the vapor can irritate my throat a little bit. The VC has way more draw resistance, even if the carb is left open. A combination between mouth - and lung pulling works best for me. The draw resistance is, however, not a drawback for me. If you want outstanding taste and cool vapor, the Vaponic is the winner.

I should do a new comparison with the newer Dynavap models, but I still think that the Vaponic provides cooler and smoother vapor. On the other hand, some very terpy strains definitely tickle the throat. And the taste...the low temp cap and 2020M are mostly up to par to the Vaponic I think. Some strains taste better in the Vaponic, other strains taste better in the 2020M/ TI tip + low temp cap.

MikeRotchHertz

And here I thought the Up in Smoke Reference would be lost on everyone.

But to summarize, the vortex is smoother, different vapor. Almost feels more like our beloved vapman in its density and feel. Poodledor even. Expensive piece of titanium with a more expensive twisted piece of titanium in it; however, if the money if not an issue I say it is a noticeable upgrade from the M.

I loved mine, but once I got the vapman I never looked back. It has a bit of a cult following, but I think it's just part of the progression from the Dynavap to what's next out there.

The Chemist

And here I thought the Up in Smoke Reference would be lost on everyone.

But to summarize, the vortex is smoother, different vapor. Almost feels more like our beloved vapman in its density and feel. Poodledor even. Expensive piece of titanium with a more expensive twisted piece of titanium in it; however, if the money if not an issue I say it is a noticeable upgrade from the M.

I loved mine, but once I got the vapman I never looked back. It has a bit of a cult following, but I think it's just part of the progression from the Dynavap to what's next out there.
We know the classics :cool:, for those who don't know what Labrador is:

tumblr_onom74ef381tpri36o4_500.png

But it's good shit! :spliff:

hinglemccringleberry

$150 is not much to spend on something that you'll use for a decade that will never break. If you always use your DV with water pieces, it's a waste. But if you use your DV dry, don't want to mess with attachments (J hooks etc) and it's your long term daily driver, its a damn good idea IMO. I used a standard titanium DV body & tube for several years and after using the Vortex for almost a year now, I do not want to go back to the DV hardware. Sure the vapor quality is not that big a difference, that is, until you have to go back to a standard DV after using the Vortex exclusively for months. That's when the vapor quality upgrade becomes really noticeable.

Yes, these comments about how it's the Lamborghini of Dynavaps is silly. Id say it's more like going from a Toyota to a BMW.

Interesting, I was wondering why I see them for sale so often on the EntExchange, I almost bought a used simrell setup for my friend but I kind of figured if the cooling was that much better people would really struggle to part with it.
Im struggling big time to part with mine. I hardly ever see them for sale.

The stem heat thing is overblown when it's titanium we're talking about. No one seems to have a problem with glass stems that get way hotter for way longer than any Ti stem. The difference in cooldown time between the Vortex and my Omnivap stem is negligible.

Last edited:

derosavapore

Solo canotto!
The simrell stem gets hot because of the vortex. So, the heat is in your stem instead of your throat. Omni is great
but irritates more, I love my simrell. The first hit, if temped right, cool and tasty, with good clouds.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
You guys have got to try the Assassin from Joe King... cools amazingly well, can use vortex or condenser or none at all, least restriction of any DV combo I have used yet and now my preferred setup even more than my Omni.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic
Top Bottom